Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ceasefire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts

Ceasefire

There was a beautiful moment at Bohs-Rovers last night, when for brief period of time the bitter rivals put aside their rivalry and united in the name of football. Two bands of rival soldiers put down their weapons, temporarily, like the famous Christmas football match in no-mans-land. It was the home fans who first reached out, and the away fans reciprocated. The great rivals joined forces, as the crowd rose as one to acclaim...

'Alan Kelly, you're a ******, you're a ******'

With such an ability to unite rival factions shouldn't we send him to Palestine, or maybe Darfur?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Brilliant post.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Very funny He's a good ref though.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    There was a beautiful moment at Bohs-Rovers last night, when for brief period of time the bitter rivals put aside their rivalry and united in the name of football. Two bands of rival soldiers put down their weapons, temporarily, like the famous Christmas football match in no-mans-land. It was the home fans who first reached out, and the away fans reciprocated. The great rivals joined forces, as the crowd rose as one to acclaim...

'Alan Kelly, you're a ******, you're a ******'

With such an ability to unite rival factions shouldn't we send him to Palestine, or maybe Darfur?
    Very funny indeed.
    It took a Cork man to bring Dublins 2 fiercest rivals closer together. I reckon he took a lot of satisfaction from that All in the name of football though. Good post

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJTheGull View Post
    Very funny

KOH

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Copa Mundial View Post
    I reckon he took a lot of satisfaction from that
    i'm sure he did
    I wonder if Hanney & Tuite take the same satisfaction from the baying abuse they get at the Cross.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Very funny indeed.
    It took a Cork man to bring Dublins 2 fiercest rivals closer together. I reckon he took a lot of satisfaction from that All in the name of football though. Good post

Dublin RRS by Cork
    "oh my, that was some beer we had last night, I think I feel like getting sick" Effin Eddie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    He basks in the attention - bet it made his night
    A patriot is someone who knows how to hate his country properly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Very funny indeed.
    Ohhhh its all clear now.Thats why he didnt give a blatant penalty then and let his linesman over rule him all night it was for the good of the image of the game and to unite North and South Dublin!!

Kelly is an utter tosser and his inability to referee a game in a satisfactory manner has long been an issue that has gone unrecognised by the powers that be.What referee anywhere in the world has gotten away with the howlers this man has made and still get the top games in the country (Eg Bohs V Rovers)???
    Bohs Will Be Back!!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by btid1 View Post
    Ohhhh its all clear now.Thats why he didnt give a blatant penalty then and let his linesman over rule him all night it was for the good of the image of the game and to unite North and South Dublin!!

Kelly is an utter tosser and his inability to referee a game in a satisfactory manner has long been an issue that has gone unrecognised by the powers that be.What referee anywhere in the world has gotten away with the howlers this man has made and still get the top games in the country (Eg Bohs V Rovers)???
    From where I was our player timed his tacle perfectly.

Anyway in complete agreement that he is a disgrace. Joxer raised his hands to our player and he gets a yellow. Of course there are people here that will defend him despite the irrefutable evidence. Biggest derby in the league and this clown is in charge? Did he get his FIFA badge in the pound shop?

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    [QUOTE=btid1;773481]Ohhhh its all clear now.Thats why he didnt give a blatant penalty then and let his linesman over rule him all night it was for the good of the image of the game and to unite North and South Dublin!!

Wasn't a peno....and even if it was Barry Murphy (as usual) would've saved it...so Kelly actually did you a favour !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJTheGull View Post

Not by a long shot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    [QUOTE=Calcio Jack;773528]

Wasn't a peno....and even if it was Barry Murphy (as usual) would've saved it...so Kelly actually did you a favour !!
    Not surprised by this reaction from certain hoops but that said you must agree that if it was a free it was a pen because he was clearly 2 or 3 yards inside the box!!Dont know who I blame more Kelly or the linesman??

Agree on the joxer point though made by NY Hoop.If he raised his hands he had to go.Simple as that!
    Bohs Will Be Back!!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

TV showed that it was not a penalty. The assistant referee confirmed that by his reaction by moving back outside the penalty. A spot on decision if you pardon the pun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Definitely not a penalty. Check the re-plays of it.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    TV showed that it was not a penalty. The assistant referee confirmed that by his reaction by moving back outside the penalty. A spot on decision if you pardon the pun.
    Havent seen the replays but its funny that it was Kelly's initial reaction to run to the penalty spot!!

Not his first error though so I suppose and certainly not his last I'm sure!!

So did Joxer strike the Rovers player then?Did the footage show that?
    Bohs Will Be Back!!!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    As a neutral there, i didn't think it was a Peno.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I've seen the highlights and I'm not sure if it was a peno, but if Kelly gives the free in that position, it should of been a red card (or at least a yellow)

And as for Joxer he did raise his hands and in another game would've been a red card but he couldn't give it after the other incident.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    He's such a shockingly bad ref its unbelievable. It's not like he's biased for or against either side he just constantly makes bad decisions, is inconsistent in his approach to giving out cards and is always liable to give a controversial decision so that the limelight is put on him. He basks in that. Every match he refs he makes himself the centre of attention. The c*** is probably sitting at home now reading this thread delighted we're all talking about him. And have you ever seen a ref to get in the way of the ball so often? A couple of times last night Rovers had the ball just outside the bohs box and went to pass it to the left wing only to find kelly there blocking the line of sight to the left winger and yet when theres a big decision (like last nights "penalty" incident) to be made the p**** is usually 30 yards away from the action.

I used to hate when John Feighery and Hugh Byrne reffed Rovers matches because nether of them ever gave Rovers anything but I'd rather have them two back over Kelly any day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    We won and i still thought Kelly was useless. He gets too many big decisions wrong. More wrong for Bohs last night I thought
    Champions 2010
    Champions 2011
    Dick Brush 1 Sligo 0
    Bohs are going bust.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast