Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: I got to thinking.........

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry I got to thinking.........

I have a terrible feling that the EL fairies came to me when in a drunken stupper and told me the way the Season would pan out, albeit they did'nt leave any tips that would sink Willie Duffy they did divide the League into nice portions for me to chew on!

Section 1: Bohs, $hel$ and Cork.
    The three Teams that can really fight it out for the League, Cup and honour of having the finest players in the country, each might actually be able to count an Irish international in there ranks come the end of the Summer in Crowe, Houlihan and O'Flynn. Exciting teams to watch and indeed exciting times ahead for Kenny, Fenlon and Dolan, no doubt!

Section 2: Longford, Rovers.
    Well, really Longford have a quality side and it is only the name that excels in decieving people,"Longford, I mean Longford?" when Kenny jumped ship for the Jolly Ship Roddy many doubted he would have a chance and that his faithful departed would have even less! Quality players of the calibre of Lavine, Kirby, Perth and the addition of a much maligned Sean Francis have toughened up a once Premier newbie into a side that demand respect and if not given will ensure you rue your decision.
    Rovers although not quite as good have a stock of players that will ensure that althought they don't win the League they won't struggle. The rock on which the team is built is undoubtedly Mr.Buckley's defence. Having lost, the once favoured, Scully they have added U.C.D's best assest Bobby Ryan to an already stable Palmer and Byrne inspired defence. No mistake that if they don't score many, considering Trevor Molloy's form, the defence will concede even less.

Section 3: Waterford, St.Pat's
    Both teams on differing ends of the morale scales, Waterford fresh from Promotion look to have enhanced the impression that they are'nt one season wonders, already 6 points firmly banked and a player on fire up front in O'Neill, sure to suprise and no doubt frustrate.
    St.Patricks Athletic, new manager, same old cast but never one's to be taken lightly, Prenderville, Osam and Livingstone being the backbone of the team should give any Manager enough to build on. Eamonn Collin's learnt from the best and although not a season Pat's fans will like one that should see them do well enough to build on, ready to get back to the top.

Sestion 4: THE DOCTOR DEATH BUNCH: Derry City, UCD, Drogheda.
    Already all 3 Teams have shown results that will undoubtedly lead to a relegation battle, with 1 point between them troubled times ahead. All three clubs already suffered at the hands of the upper echelon last season and with all squads diminished rather than strengthened the inevitable is only a few months away. Fortunately for Derry and Drogheda Fans is that UCD have lost more of their better players, so a play off fight up for grabs? More than likely.

P.S I am always right, no debate shall ensue after reading my post......oh alright then slag me off, but I'm right!
    I'd rather die laughing than trying!

thecorner
    very easy statement to make when u r only stating the obvious

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    EireBadBoy, yet another great post in that one above fella. Good stuff.

I hope that Waterford turn out to be another Longford.

I hope you are wrong about yourselves, You are the flagship for the northwest. And after all ... it is the tale of the two cities. I hope things pan out alot differently at the Brandywell this year.

I am smiling after seeing us up there with the other two, although this year i am quitely confident that we deserve to be there.

Rovers and Pats will pull through alright (but i would love to see one of them go down, just to even things out across the country, maybe have Galway or Sligo there instead.

UCD and Drogheda, as much as i admire them both ... their days are numbered i feel. Summer soccer will prove very hard from here on in for any team that is unprepared or ill-equipped .
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    That was a great post EireBadBoy, but I still think there are an awful lot of unhatched chickens being counted regarding Waterford Utd. this season. I can't deny we've had a great start (9 pts from 15) but there's still this nagging feeling at the back of my head that we will come asunder soon..............our squad is wafer thin and we are very inexperienced at this level and i've been let down out at the R.S.C too many times to mention.

I would split the league into 3 groups:
    1: Bohs/Shels/Cork
    2: Pats/Longford/Rovers
    3: Us/Derry/UCD/Drogs
    Allez les Bleus