Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Foot.ie recommended

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    if nobody's mentioned them, I'd highly recommend My Morning Jacket, awesome band.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    Status Quos new album, unreal! In Search Of the 4th Chord. http://http://www.statusquo.co.uk/
    Legends.

I suppose you think Bon Jovi rock too
    Last edited by Neish; 19/09/2007 at 8:10 PM.
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neish View Post
    I suppose you think Bon Jovi rock too
    Eh, no. Were half way there good for a jump around when full up though.

Your clearly sooooooooooooooo cool.
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I know they've been around a wee while but I have really enjoyed listening to The Arcade Fire this summer. I saw them in full flow at the Latitude festival in July and was blown away by the force of their performance (but then I had been drinking scrumpy cider and smoking de herb all day) - there is something utterly entrancing about their fusion of guitars and full string section that just brought a lump to my throat. I haven't had a band do that to me for many years no matter what state I've been in at the time.

Alternatively if it's a groove you're after then you could do worse than check out some Calvin Harris. 80s-style disco funk; cheeky tunes and very catchy. Acceptable in the noughties.

What always gets me going properly is some good old-fashioned techno and house music. Sander Van Doorn from the Netherlands is a relatively new kid on the block but he always delivers a good hard dance set and isn't afraid to use rock and disco classics in ways that keep surprising you. Phil Kieran from Belfast has been fusing a rock sound with the techno and tribal house sound, for which he is mainly known, for his band Alloy Mental recently - well worth a listen too if you like your music down and dirty.

Enjoy.

PP
    Last edited by Plastic Paddy; 20/09/2007 at 3:14 PM.
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stann View Post
    Krafty Kuts make the most excellent bouncy funky breakbeat...
    Damn right, their first tune on MySpace, Dynamite Love, certainly had me bouncing around the sitting-room. Great shout. Gives a good run to AC/DC's TNT for most appositely entitled explosive song too.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Paddy View Post
    What always gets me going properly is some good old-fashioned techno and house music.
    Heehee, if you like old fashioned electronica you could do worse than check out Cerrone's tune 'Supernature' on MySpace http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=96398434. A 1977 original given a bit of a modern twist and kick but it's still got that infectious Space Invaders sound. Sorry if I took the 'old-fashioned' too literally!

For something a bit more modern, and the way of the future if I have my way, I give an official foot.ie recommendation () to Sneaky Soundsystem. They come from a land down under and the men are certainly at work. (ugh, sorry about that one.) Huge in Oz, not so sure about this part of the world yet though. What can I say about them? Ah, if you're trying to get a girl into the electro sound then they're a good departure point. Don't let that put you off though, their, eponymous entitled, album is fukcing fantastico. My new Mylo album, if you know what I mean. If you don't, you're thick. Anyway, check 'em out, pronto.

(500 posts eh, yeeuuuuu! Who would've thunk it? It's taken passion, determination, stuff like that really. Overall though, fun fun fun! Thanks for listening. Yes, listening, not reading, you know I speak ty'all! Right, enough of that, 1000 here I come!)
    Last edited by kingdom hoop; 20/09/2007 at 7:45 PM. Reason: Personal acclamation appendage

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    Your clearly sooooooooooooooo cool.
    I sure am
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    You idiot! You forgot the 'cool' smilie. I was almost convinced!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    I sure am
    Wouldnt doubt it, if i get to harps next week, i will buy you a pint, ill be the one with the quo t-shirt

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I'm no big fan of the Quo, but that's a great album title, in a self-parodying sort of way.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Pure **** take like.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Galerie Stratique: Like a cross between Aphex Twin and Boards of Canada, with very short instrumental tunes.

Tone: Mostly instrumental guitar rock. As if Fugazi decided they wanted to sell a lot more albums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    If anyone is into metal, do yourself a favour and get Machine Head's latest album, The Blackening. Then go book your tickets to go see them in the Olympia in November.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    there's a track that Phantom FM are playing from an unsigned Irish act, think it's called "No Reasons", pretty good, anyone know it?

Bands I've been listending to lately are Yellowcard, Nada Surf and Deathcab For Cutie
    Good man tets, Nada Surf are class- Let Go is one of my favourite albums...quality stuff
    Wouldn't be mad about Yellowcard though...

In a bit of an "Alt-Country" (if there's such a thing) phase at the moment:

Wilco - have been around for years and just released a more "mellow" new album "Sky Blue Sky" this year...Check out their Live 2CD album "Kicking Television" for some of their finest moments. Playing 2 dates in Vicar Street in November for those of you interested!

Okkervil River - 2 latest albums "Black Sheep Boy" and "The Stage Names" are quality...mellow and rocking in equal measure. Might be worth checking out if you like Arcade Fire. Also playing in Dublin in Whelans in December...
    "Well I think they'll be a little disappointed with that" - Matt Holland on TV3 after 5-2 drubbing by Cyprus

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdom hoop View Post
    Damn right, their first tune on MySpace, Dynamite Love, certainly had me bouncing around the sitting-room. Great shout. Gives a good run to AC/DC's TNT for most appositely entitled explosive song too.
    Hehe the name had me scratching me head, it's a good one though. The tune is actually a mash he did at the end of his brilliant Fabriclive mix CD, pairing 'There They Go', a collaboration with Dynamite MC, and his mix of 'In Love With You' by The Freestylers.
    Speaking of which they are well worth checking out too, specially a track called 'Boom Blast'. The Deekline and Wizard remix is another aposite title. Short clip a couple of screens down here.

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom hoop View Post
    My new Mylo album, if you know what I mean. If you don't, you're thick.
    The best recommendation anyone could make. Will check them out.
    more bass

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stann View Post
    The best recommendation anyone could make. Will check them out.
    Good man stann! For your pleasure from now on everything I post will make some reference to Mylo. So yeah, my next recommendation to you is Hystereo, who of course are Ireland's answer to Mylo. Well, maybe not exactly but they do have an excellent electro-type album, less groovy than Mylo but pretty easy on the ears at the same time. To my, admittedly pathetic, knowledge it's one of the only electro albums from Ireland in recent years. (any others??) But it's up there near enough to Etienne de Crécy and Vitalic offerings in my unhumble opinion.

Anyway, the album is called 'Corporate Crimewave', I guess I can send it to you via YouSendIt if you'd like. For the time being you can placate yourself with a few sneak listens on Juno, Beatport etc or some of their remixes on MySpace. Actually, that should be rebrands, not remixes, a phrase they've seemingly coined quite cleverly. It kinda connotes more of an overhaul and new identity for the tune. Cunning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I would highly recommend

The Go! Team - they are one of the bets live acts I have seen in a long time - there new album has also just been released, and I would say that everybody on here has heard them at least once as there used by a lot of the sports stations as backgreound music

also Reverend and the Makers - good band also

C.D.S.C

The copyright for this post is owned by AAD Enterprises and can be used at a cost.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by a.a.d View Post
    I would highly recommend

The Go! Team - they are one of the bets live acts I have seen in a long time - there new album has also just been released, and I would say that everybody on here has heard them at least once as there used by a lot of the sports stations as backgreound music
    I like some of their stuff but imo they can be hit and miss with their music.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Harsh criticism there Frank, assuming you're basing that on one album. I haven't heard the second yet either, but the first had a lot to offer.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Simply going on Thunder, Lightning, Strike! but I still believe it. Haven't heard any of the new one but personally I found myself switching the album off after Bottle Rocket. Until then I like it but then I think it goes downhill.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast