Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Is Iran next?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Is Iran next?

Sabre-rattling and fear mongering by Fox News on behalf of the Bush administration?

What do ye think?
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    They would be, if the Bush adminstration still existed, thankfully the majority of his shower have jumped off the ship leaving him all alone in his white house. He would never get a bill passed to invade Iran with the Democrats controlling Congress, plus Bush is winding down his tenure and trying to lessen the impact that Iraq will have on his legacy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Also, the chances of an invasion are greatly reduced by the real possibility of Iran having nuclear weapons capabilities.
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    if they do attack them i hope they take a beating and become occupied(beating? possibility....occupied? obviously unlikely) like they've done around the world the past century.

america has some evil people in positions of power(media, goverment) to do what they have done down through the years... vietnam, killing there irish president, iraq twice, 911 etc.....

this regime is as bad as hitlers germany, i never saw hitler killing 11,000 germans to go to war in the 30's!!
    There's the right way, the wrong way.... and the Max Power way!! :-D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilberto_eire View Post
    if they do attack them i hope they take a beating and become occupied(beating? possibility....occupied? obviously unlikely) like they've done around the world the past century.

america has some evil people in positions of power(media, goverment) to do what they have done down through the years... vietnam, killing there irish president, iraq twice, 911 etc.....

this regime is as bad as hitlers germany, i never saw hitler killing 11,000 germans to go to war in the 30's!!
    The CIA poisoned Dev!

The b@st@rds!

I demand that we break off diplomatic relations right now. ESPECIALLY televisual ones - have you seen the muck that RTÉ buys in these days?
    That question was less stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

Help me, Arthur Murphy, you're my only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    I bow to no one. bar Bluebeard and Mr A

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilberto_eire View Post

Yes let's replace Bush's government, who will be replaced democratically soon enough anyway, with the fun loving Iranians. Sure what have they ever done wrong?
    Last edited by jebus; 05/09/2007 at 1:06 PM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Do Congress have to approve an invasion? If so then no chance as Democrats control.

North Korea has offensive nukes so will never be attacked. I am sure Iran is following a similar tactic & hard to criticise them. Sure the US recently did a deal with India allowing them keep their nukes as long as their foreign policy agreed with the US. US-India Agreement :

The brouhaha over the deal has surprised some nuclear analysts in Washington, partly because the Bush administration was widely perceived as having caved in to key Indian demands. The administration had assured the government here that it could receive uninterrupted nuclear supplies from the United States and maintain the right to reprocess spent nuclear fuel -- a potentially dangerous prospect because reprocessing technology can also be used to make weapons-grade plutonium.
    I don't think I am overstating by saying that Bush is the worst US President in living memory. Its cringeworthy listening to his speeches & he seems to have learned nothing in the last 7 years.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Do Congress have to approve an invasion? If so then no chance as Democrats control.
    That's the scary part. I don't think it does. Passed by Congress over President Nixon's veto, the War Powers Act of 1973 requires the president to "consult" with Congress before "introducing United States Armed Forces into hostilities or into situations where imminent involvement in hostilities is clearly indicated by the circumstances," and to notify Congress within 48 hours of any U.S. troop commitment or deployment.The Act also requires the president to end U.S. military participation in such hostilities within 60 days without a congressionally approved declaration of war or resolution extending the of use armed forces.
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strangeirish View Post
    That's the scary part. I don't think it does. Passed by Congress over President Nixon's veto, the War Powers Act of 1973 requires the president to "consult" with Congress before "introducing United States Armed Forces into hostilities or into situations where imminent involvement in hostilities is clearly indicated by the circumstances," and to notify Congress within 48 hours of any U.S. troop commitment or deployment.The Act also requires the president to end U.S. military participation in such hostilities within 60 days without a congressionally approved declaration of war or resolution extending the of use armed forces.
    So invade first then think about "notifying" Congress. Once you invade the consultation is pointless as too late anyway.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    They dont have the troops or the money.There was never ever going to be an invaision of Iran.Its all bluster.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    My understanding is that the constitution requires congressional approval for wars. However, Bush went ahead with the Iraq invasion prior to seeking constituional approval. Just one of many examples of his utter disregard for the constitution.

It's highly unlikely that Iran will be next (at least in the immediate future), as the US army is overstretched as it is with its involvments in Afghanistan and Iraq (and Cuba, and Japan, and Europe....!).
    Sending troops to Iran would involve retreating from one of those places (which isn't going to happen) or instituting a military draft (which would be political suicide).