Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Duty

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry Duty

Does anyone else think that City and Pats had a duty to try and play some entertaining football last Saturday. After all the hype, the sh!t on display, the match only hurt the profile of the league. In fairness, there was alot of hype about the start of the season this time, but our game undid all that good work. There wasnt one decent chance for city, and the only excitement was the Pat's chance that hoggie cleared off the line. Dolan of all people should have realised the potential of a match in front of the cameras, and then he sends out the least creative midfield in EL history. I know that it was important we didnt lose our first game, but to be honest, I would rather we lost 3-2, than see a sh!t, boring game like that.

Muppet

Re: Duty

Originally posted by Ali-G
    Does anyone else think that City and Pats had a duty to try and play some entertaining football last Saturday. After all the hype, the sh!t on display, the match only hurt the profile of the league. In fairness, there was alot of hype about the start of the season this time, but our game undid all that good work. There wasnt one decent chance for city, and the only excitement was the Pat's chance that hoggie cleared off the line. Dolan of all people should have realised the potential of a match in front of the cameras, and then he sends out the least creative midfield in EL history. I know that it was important we didnt lose our first game, but to be honest, I would rather we lost 3-2, than see a sh!t, boring game like that.
    I understand your frustration, but maybe that point will come in useful later in the season. If we're still playing like that in two month's time then we'll panic.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Guys - lets get real here.

If we had lost on Saturday and had to face into 3 of the toughest fixtures all season ( UCD away, Bohs home and Longford away - traditionally all banana skins ) can you imagine the pressure the guys would be under.

IMO, poor game, but f**k the hype and the Dublin press - the important thing was to get some points on the board.

We'll get the crowds if we're successful.

I can't imagine Fergie saying he would rather loose 3-2 than get a draw or a bad win. It's all about winning - we're only fooling ourselves if we think otherwise.

Let the Dubs batter each other all season with their fancy football - if we're still up their and in contention towards the end I can see Dolan's experience being a major factor in the end.
    Irish by birth,
    Cork by the grace of God.