Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: How was the Beer?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

How was the Beer?

Would it make a difference if your beer came in a different glass? Would you be more concerned about the size of the glass, or the quality of the beer?
    What I really wanna know is your thoughts on the programme, without getting too wrapped up in the A4/A5 size thing - we all have our preferences there, but its's gonna be A4 for the season no matter what any of us may prefer.
    Just wanna know what you all thought about the quality of the content, the production, the flaws, the surprises (if any), + any suggestions you may have.
    Thanks!
    Donie

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i thought it was very good donie, some good aricles etc. Dolan's address was longer than most of my college essays!

i thought moving to full colour was an excellent choice. Names on the team photo at the back would have been nice.

As far as suggestions go a centre page poster of a player/team/ground etc. every programme would be good, heaven knows some kids might have John O flynn posters on their walls instead of Beckham etc.
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The programme was impressive. Very professional looking first off. Team pictures was a good idea. The design was very clean - a big improvement over last year. And there was substance in the it. A few in-depth articles on the current squad would not go astray though. There could be more City pictures through out as well.
    Overall though was impressed.

b_mcsweeney
    i thought it was pretty good, contained a half time quiz which i consider mandatory. i particularly liked the section where pre-season was reviewed and after the review of each game there was PDs summary of how the game had gone and what he'd taken from it. looked like a good effort had been made to get some interesting content anyway.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Originally posted by b_mcsweeney
    i thought it was pretty good, contained a half time quiz which i consider mandatory.
    Did you notice how more than half the questuions related to PD or his time at Pats?

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by The Donie Forde
    How was the Beer?
    Yeah, the beer was quite good on Saturday!
    Champions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i was drinking murphs and then went on shots donie, so cant comment on the beer, but normally i like it in as big a glass as possible, cept those plastic ones they give u at alot of gigs, they suck man.

as for the programme, i think like i mentioned in a prev thread, looks goods nice shiny glossy colour etc etc , but as we all know looks can be deceiving
    16pages of ads *yawn*
    the squad pic on the back cover sadly lacked the players names, a glaring ommission imo.

nice article bout the 53 cup final.. no doubt there'll be a few sleepless nights in the james household waiting for the conclusion of that epic tale

some nice pics fair play to the photographers like

agree with person who suggested a 1 page or double centre page player action shot to be included , kids wud love that kinda chit as posters and that kinda craic
    * of course that wud result in 2 less pages where u could stick an ad
    life is random

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Thumbs up Mine is a Murph's :)

The centre page should be a poster alright and the one on the back page of the team was good but again should have had name to go with the pic.

The PD address was long but made worse because the pic was at the top and not in the middle to break it up, It was a block of text and it would have be great the keep you captivated.

There are great little graphical features like the contents and the cover, the page numbers, the page titles ¡K all were great, an obvious improvement on last year.

It was good to see the pics of the people involved with city through out the program, good to put the name with the face kinda thing.

The ads were not that bad, actually to be honest ¡K as ads go, I liked some of them because they made an effort. i.e. Wallace Construction, the Evening Echo, Reardens and the Red FM one (cute chick, that is always good ƒº ).

The stats on 25 were very good.

¡§Early days¡¨ on 29 was good.

Good to see a page dedicated to both the supporters clubs. But there should also be application forms as standard for both clubs. (Similar to the mascot form but not with the same mistake, have it on the outside of the page so that you can cut it out easier). Or at the very least details of how to join clearly printed on the page.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Re: Mine is a Murph's :)

Originally posted by A face
    ¡§Early days¡¨ on 29 was good.
    ASCII Smash Key !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.