Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We Didn't Win & We Didn't Lose...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

We Didn't Win & We Didn't Lose...

Why did Doyle start?
    Surely Colin P. is ahead of him?
    Was Greg the captain?
    We're weak in mid-field again but why would that have changed since we haven't bought anyone!
    Did anyone see it on TV, and if you did, how did it look?
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Terrible

The worst match that I've seen in a long time.

Shame on both managers for their tactics, both teams were far too conservative for the game to ever open up a bit.

Regardless of the result it would have been better in the long run for Dolan and Collins to play flowing, attacking football. Even if one team lost it would bring more fans to the league if they saw that teams were actually playing entertaining football in this league (which they are).

I can imagine what all the English-only fans will be saying down the pub tonight...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Oh and O'Halloran was captain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    1. Don't Know why Doyle started.

2. Colin P did ok when brought on. Should start against the students.

3. Yes. And conformed what I had feared that he is not a leader. Far too petulant and immature. He had a poor game. Paul Osam dominated the midfield at his ease.

4. We were totally out of it in midfield. St. Pats were equally disapointing, showed no bottle whatsoever if they put us under any sort of pressure whey could of killed us off instead they gutlessly settled for a point.

5. If any floating fan tuned in then they did not do so for very long. Unfortuately the most boring game I have seen at the cross ever.

THe scene was set, the cameras were there, large crowd, great atmosphere and it was up to the teams to put on a show. They failed miserably. Diden't even feel like going to the pub after so I went straight home, it was THAT disapointing. The only plus point for me was that we looked very solid at the back and as per usual J'OF gave 100%.

The programme was very nice, well worth €2.50. Your article Peader was interesting but you were better off not being there tonight.

Anyway, its not like we lost so hope remains!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    watched most of the match but turned it off in parts cause it got so boring, even when the ball could have been taken down the hoof was used instead!!

on the plus side the cross looked well, the flags looked good and TV3 IMO did a far more professional job than eircom league games I have seen done by RTE!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The only match I remember to be worse than this was a nil all draw with Bohs 3 or 4 seasons back. I can't understand why Colin P. didn't start. The Ref was absolutely useless- not unlike City's midfield and attack, even JOF I thought had a poor game by his standards. Having said that the service he got was.....well there wasn't any service of note really. Unfortunate that it was live on TV3 really because it was a terrible advertisement for the game. All in all a very dissapointing 0-0 draw. I hope we can get it together for UCD on Friday.We're gonna have to do a lot better than that when Boh's come in ten days time.

techs
    can't understand why you's havent replaced reynolds yet.
    He might be a judas c**t but has unbelievable talent and adds quality to every team he plays in. You's had no shape in the middle and el khabir(if that is his real name!) ran the middle for pats from start to finish

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation

THe match was very poor. Even though there still was a big crowd. I dont think that many left at half and stayed at the pub. Why were'nt more subs brought on like Warren or Colin T and Colin P should have been brought on earlier. He didnt have much of an impact. The Ref gave them everthing along with the linesmen. Likes hope we play better to have any chance against Boh's!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    What was the attendance?
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Originally posted by Bosco
    What was the attendance?
    I'd say 6,500 to maybe even 7,000.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    oh god, what a dire match. terrible.

the bar stool brigade will think it confirms their suspicions.

what a diaster.

city were crap. we have to play football not descend into hoofing.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i will probably get stick for saying this.....but i think colin patrick is still just a handy squad player and i wouldnt be under the opinion that he is one of the reasons we could at some stage win the league,I admire greatly his spirit and his enthusiasim when running around chasing the ball but at times he reminds me of a headless chicken if he played that way over 90 minutes he would never last the pace and looking at him very objectly his final delivery of the ball is extremely poor and part of his game he must work on so at best i think he is an option to be brought on during games to try and liven it up by upseting defenders.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I reckon that was as bad a performance as ive ever seen. God help Gunther if he putt out a team like that.

Think we need a whole new midfield, we really missed Reynolds yesterday. Grady isnt the player he was, maybe he will be after some first team action though.

Athmosphere was incredibly bad. The Shed was like a morgue, and the corner was unusually quiet. The lads tried and tried with the Drums to get things going, but i reckon all they succeeded in doing was annoy those who were out for a quiet afternoon.

Fair play to those who tried. Fúck the begrudgers etc.

thecorner
    city were crap and this doyle young fella was shocking

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think the absence of Rennie was the main factor yesterday. If you play Carey, Greg and O Grady all in midfield, dont expect any more than a battling performance. I would play a midfield of George, Warren and Greg instead. The only time we played any football on Saturday was when the ball was played to the feet of the strikers. You need good footballers for this. Carey and O Grady arent good enough. I wouldnt blame Doyle for having a crap game, the service to him was shocking.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I wouldnt blame Doyle either, but seeing as he has never scored in the eL and CPOB has been around a while and scored a few in each season, you would think that he would start.

Carey should never start, especially as a winger, we all know that crossing is the weakest part of his game. How Buckley is ahead of Warren and even CTOB is beyond me. I know that it was his first game and all, but surely the other 2 would be better options.

On the plus side, Devine did very well (as a sweeper!) and Dan Murry was always in control, and probably our most offencive player!
    As I say, we're just young & a bit nieve.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Happy initially to see Deccie did not start but disappointed to Carey in midfield.

I think we played well in defense & were rarely exposed. No matter how you play the opposition can always create a goal mouth scramble.
    Freekicks & corners were once again exceptionally poor.

Forwards were starved of any service whatsoever. Doyle put himself about in the 1st half but faded in the 2nd half.

We struggled big time in midfield as Pats were more or less playing 5 there when Mbazi dropped deep. Billy could not get past Prendeville (Ollie would have ghosted past him), O'Grady huffed & puffed but offers nothing going forward.
    Greg put himself around but was in a losing battle against Osam in the air. Greg did get past Osam on the ocasions he had an opportunity on the ground. Greg did make an effort to create something but that really is not his strength. Carey is NOT a midfielder & even when Hoggie came forward carey continue to take a right back style position.

Pats may have had a good bit of possession on occasion but were so conservative passing the ball that they rarely threatened.

City have the forwards but unless can get some creativety in midfield we'll never see the forwards get any opportunities to score.

I might take a few weeks for the league teams to sort themselves out due to the lack of competitive pre-season games?
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Real ale Madrid
    1. Don't Know why Doyle started.

2. Colin P did ok when brought on. Should start against the students.

3. Yes. And conformed what I had feared that he is not a leader. Far too petulant and immature. He had a poor game. Paul Osam dominated the midfield at his ease.

4. We were totally out of it in midfield. St. Pats were equally disapointing, showed no bottle whatsoever if they put us under any sort of pressure whey could of killed us off instead they gutlessly settled for a point.

5. If any floating fan tuned in then they did not do so for very long. Unfortuately the most boring game I have seen at the cross ever.

THe scene was set, the cameras were there, large crowd, great atmosphere and it was up to the teams to put on a show. They failed miserably. Diden't even feel like going to the pub after so I went straight home, it was THAT disapointing. The only plus point for me was that we looked very solid at the back and as per usual J'OF gave 100%.

The programme was very nice, well worth €2.50. Your article Peader was interesting but you were better off not being there tonight.

Anyway, its not like we lost so hope remains!
    think greg isn`t immature but the captincy did efecthis game too stressed out
    i`m back and i didnt bring no dame ball with me all i brought was a big fat can of whooop ass Austin 3:16

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We should know at the UCD match whether there is any truth to the George rumours.
    I don't think Carey is any good in midfield.
    I don't think Bennett is a centre half (although he was grand on Saturday...not that there was much to defend from)
    We need something new in midfield, cause Conor is not the same since his injury.
    I think the fact that Murray wandered into midfield on several occasions says a lot.
    Terrible game from the television coverage point of View. We're trying to get people into the ground and not the scare them away.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Originally posted by niamh
    I think the fact that Murray wandered into midfield on several occasions says a lot.
    Yeah, sad to see that the most creative city player is the centre back. With his distribution of the ball Murray really tried to get the fullbacks going forward. I think realised Pats were no threat up front (not that we were either) so he started taking chances when carrying the ball out of defense.

If we'd put any decent corners in maybe i'd have got some value out of the 25/1 odds on Dan to score first.

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast