Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Another heavy defeat...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Another heavy defeat...

....pfft, *shrug of the shoulders*

Does anybody even care anymore? Apart from one game when we beat harps earlier in the season, we haven't beaten anybody outside of athlone, kilkenny or monaghan in almost two seasons. We are absolutely pathetic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KildareFan View Post
    ....pfft, *shrug of the shoulders*

Does anybody even care anymore? Apart from one game when we beat harps earlier in the season, we haven't beaten anybody outside of athlone, kilkenny or monaghan in almost two seasons. We are absolutely pathetic

That is just wrong. We have beaten Wexford this season as well. Plus we beat Dundalk, Limerick and Cobh last season.

So the only teams that we haven't beaten in the last 2 seasons are Galway and Shamrock Rovers and Shelbourne (Shels haven't beaten us either).

Does anyone care? Of course they do. Stay positive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by davidatrb View Post
    That is just wrong. We have beaten Wexford this season as well. Plus we beat Dundalk, Limerick and Cobh last season.

So the only teams that we haven't beaten in the last 2 seasons are Galway and Shamrock Rovers and Shelbourne (Shels haven't beaten us either).

Does anyone care? Of course they do. Stay positive
    Apologies, i meant at Station Road they are the only teams we've beaten.

What is there to be positive about? In footballing terms i mean? The only positive that I can think of is that the club is still alive and will make it to the end of the season but i can not think of one single positive aspect on the pitch from this season.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question

Team lists show Donnell playing in defence v Harps; was it Paul Donnelly?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    Team lists show Donnell playing in defence v Harps; was it Paul Donnelly?
    Yes..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Go raibh mile maith agat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Positive aspects i can take out of this season are:
    - The performances of Darren Stapleton, Colin Cassidy & Dean Barrett
    - The Goals of Philly Gorman
    - And at times, the team play the best football we have played under John Ryan
    Cmon County!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kildare Lad View Post
    - The performances of Darren Stapleton, Colin Cassidy & Dean Barrett
    - The Goals of Philly Gorman
    - And at times, the team play the best football we have played under John Ryan
    Lets face it, if almost any other club in the league wants Stapleton or cooling at the end of the season, they will offer them more money and they will be gone. I don't see what has been so exciting about Cassidy or Barrett, both are decent young players but they are hardly going to set the world on fire.

Philly has done really well but as for your last point, what games are you talking about?!?!?!?!? The games I've seen this year have been awful

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Lets face it, if almost any other club in the league wants Stapleton or cooling at the end of the season, they will offer them more money and they will be gone. I don't see what has been so exciting about Cassidy or Barrett, both are decent young players but they are hardly going to set the world on fire.

Philly has done really well but as for your last point, what games are you talking about?!?!?!?!? The games I've seen this year have been awful
    Probably true what you said about Stapo & Cooling (who I dont think has been great since he has come back) but I think that Barrett has shown the ability to be a good player in this league, and that Cass has done well in making the step up from the 18s to the seniors so comfortably and now challenging Ozzie for the No.1 jersey.

And well as for my last point, well for the first time in about 2 or 3 years, I have found myself saying "oh that was a good move" or along those lines this season..
    Cmon County!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Probably true what you said about Stapo & Cooling (who I dont think has been great since he has come back) but I think that Barrett has shown the ability to be a good player in this league, and that Cass has done well in making the step up from the 18s to the seniors so comfortably and now challenging Ozzie for the No.1 jersey.

And well as for my last point, well for the first time in about 2 or 3 years, I have found myself saying "oh that was a good move" or along those lines this season..
    I'm not looking for an agrument or to be overly negative but would you accept that the fact that the positives you mention are a striker who has started 1 league game for us and our reserve goalkeeper says everything about our season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I'm not looking for an agrument or to be overly negative but would you accept that the fact that the positives you mention are a striker who has started 1 league game for us and our reserve goalkeeper says everything about our season?
    Haha suppose you have a point there.
    Cmon County!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The best performance i seen down at the Stadio Via Stazione on saturday night was the County Ultras at the five-a-side pitch corner.

The division 1 dance that they do has become a favourite of mine, reminds me of the early 80's when The Specials and the Ska scene was in vogue, I may join in meself at the Shels game if the knees and the ankles will hold up, but i'd like them to one day do the premier league dance. Also the chant of ''get yer sponge out for the lads'' at the pyhsio when he charges onto the pitch cracks me up.

Doom and gloom, with that lot in the corner blasting out the tunes theres always a silver lining.
    Last edited by sylvo; 28/08/2007 at 10:12 PM.
    Its crazy to see people be what society wants them to be but not me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by sylvo View Post
    The best performance i seen down at the Stadio Via Stazione on saturday night was the County Ultras at the five-a-side pitch corner.

The division 1 dance that they do has become a favourite of mine, reminds me of the early 80's when The Specials and the Ska scene was in vogue, I may join in meself at the Shels game if the knees and the ankles will hold up, but i'd like them to one day do the premier league dance. Also the chant of ''get yer sponge out for the lads'' at the pyhsio when he charges onto the pitch cracks me up.

Doom and gloom, with that lot in the corner blasting out the tunes theres always a silver lining.
    Yeah, great silver lining, we get beaten nearly every week but at least we have a few lads who sing songs

Middle of No Where, The Center of Everywhere.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Barrett no but Cassidy yes he has been impressive. Sad reality is that County will probably loose Stapleton at the end of the season he is at least eircom premier quality. Cooling has been poor since he has arrived back IMO and is not a 90 minute player.
    Everyone needs something to believe in, I believe I'll have another beer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unfortunetly have to agree with KildareFan here kildare lad they maybe playing some nice stuff at times but the results aren't coming and at this stage I would prefer to win ugly than lose over and over again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Love hearing the young lads too and they have made station road one of the noisest grounds in the Eircom First division (not fooling)

Keep up Kildare Lad and co.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down

-#- And at times, the team play the best football we have played under John Ryan
    Just to finish the above sentence----"in spite of John Ryan"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Ha thanks for that lads! I'll tell the rest of the "Colts" and I'm sure they will all be delighted!
    Cmon County!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah, great silver lining, we get beaten nearly every week but at least we have a few lads who sing songs
    If people are going to stand about at corners letting people having a major run at goal having almost hours to kill in order to time their headers then we are going to get beaten end of, but thank god in the middle of all the gloom we have the division 1 dance to cheer us up.

I have not been to many away games but I've not seen us get beaten at many home games this season, so its not like we get beaten all the time.

Are you one of the Ultras, if you are tell the lads to ditch the Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea tops in that section, maybe mohair suits and Trilby hats are a much better look.
    Its crazy to see people be what society wants them to be but not me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    If people are going to stand about at corners letting people having a major run at goal having almost hours to kill in order to time their headers then we are going to get beaten end of, but thank god in the middle of all the gloom we have the division 1 dance to cheer us up.

I have not been to many away games but I've not seen us get beaten at many home games this season, so its not like we get beaten all the time.

Are you one of the Ultras, if you are tell the lads to ditch the Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea tops in that section, maybe mohair suits and Trilby hats are a much better look.
    Fair play to the lads that sing, I wouldn't knock anybody for that. But i go to Station Road for the football and the football for a long time now, has been sh*t. 2 wins in 12 home games is pathetic. I see somebody on the official site knocking a newstalk presenter because they dared to say we have no ambition?!!?!? We've used the same "new club" excuse for 5 years now and we doing nothing other than barely surviving.

We've lost our best players before when Shamrock Rovers took Ger O'Brien, Robbie Clarke etc etc, Cooling left at the end of last year. Has anything been put in place to stop it happening again at the end of the season with Darren Stapleton??? no chance, if he has any sense, he will be off to a club that wants to progress and challenge at the top of the division.

Look around us, with the exception of Monaghan and Kilkenny who also seem to just happy to survive (at least they have put money into their own ground unlike us), we are the only club that seems to live by season to season. Athlone have their new stadium, cobh, dundalk, harps and limerick have all put money into their team. Wexford obviously have a long term plan. What do we have? nothing.

I'd like to know where the directors of our club see us in 5 years and what plans are being put in place to get us there. Do we even have a long term plan in place?