Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Your Orange Playlist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Your Orange Playlist

Just watching that tit Peaches Geldof wax lyrical on the Orange Playlist, so to take my mind off murder I decided I'd ask what your Orange Playlist is? It seems to go in this format, pick a past track, a present track, a future track, a favourite track and then what song you would dedicate to someone and then explain why.

A Past Track: Guns N Roses - Nighttrain, first track I can remember loving, absolutely loving, although I liked Michael Jackson and Bon Jovi before GnR when I was a kid

A Present Track: Arcade Fire - Intervention, unfortunely this is the same track that Peaches chose, but it's probably the best track of the year

A Future Track: Genuinely I'm not listening to any band that are new and underground at the moment, I've tried, but I think they're all ****e

A Favourite Track: Marvin Gaye - The Ecology, don't think I've ever got tired off this song, doubt I ever will, but you have to play the track before it on Whats Goin On to hear it fully

[U]Dedicated Track:[U] King Tanamo - I'm In The Mood For Ska, good memories with the missus for this song so I'll dedicate it to her, aww

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    A Future Track: Genuinely I'm not listening to any band that are new and underground at the moment, I've tried, but I think they're all ****e
    Los Campesinos from Cardiff for me. They are playing Whelans on October 2nd. I definitely think they will be something big. They only have an EP out at the minute but I love it... You can check out two of their songs on youtube - We Throw Parties, You Throw Knives and You! Me! Dancing!.

Ditto on Intervention by the way. 130 big ones I splashed out for an Arcade Fire ticket. I cannot wait!
    www.dundalkfc.com

Colin Scanlon - hero!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,626 Posts
    A Past Track: Abracadabra by
    Steve Miller Band, like you Jebus this is first track I can remember loving, absolutely loving. I used to sing it non stop at the time. It was released in 1982 (i was 5!). It still makes me laugh. Sample here

A Present Track: Walls Fall Down by The Bedouin Soundclash. Great band and a really original sounding song. Sample here

A Future Track: I dont generally discover bands but ill have to big up my brothers band (SuperJimenez) here and their new single Faye. Can listen to it here. Its slated for release next month.

A Favourite Track: This Modern Love by Bloc Party. Definitely one of my favourite songs. I love everything about it - lyrics, vocals, guitars, drums, production.

Dedicated Track: This is the One by The Stone Roses. Ill dedicate it to the missus too - "our song" if you like...

great idea for a thread by the way
    Last edited by SkStu; 24/08/2007 at 5:57 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    past track The Smiths- Bigmouth strikes again..... ive loved this song for years first heard it wen i was about 11 one of my favourite songs from the past

present track arctic monkeys - old yellow bricks/a certain romance.. cant decide on which track really but seeming that it is present track and the latter is on the old album old yellow bricks gets the nod... great thumping bass

future track fionn regan - be good or be gone .. not totally new but hes been nominated for the mercury music award this year hes gonna be big...

favourite track Ian Brown - F.E.A.R--- THIS SONG IS ABSOLUTE GENIUS if people havent hear this one yet just watch it http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=KgI1ovaYrl4

dedicated track jeff buckley - last goodbye-- this one is for my granny.. first lines of this song sum it all up... but this song from the first time i heard it amazes me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    A Past Track; Movin on Up by Primal Scream. heard it for the first ime in ages on my mp3 player yesterday and had to paly it again.

A Present Track; Again I'd probably go for Intervention by Arcade Fire. Maybe Fans by Kings of Leon if I'm pushed to change. One's an all time classic, the other is just a great little song

A Future Track: Errrr, pass...

A Favourite Track: A Change is Gonna Come - Otis Redding. Best song ever. Every time I hear it I want to cry.

Dedicated Track; Missus has the worst taste in music ever so I'm going to dedicate Rock'n'Roll Star by oasis to the men who know. Definitely a time and a place song but as good a "saturday night" track as ever
    Last edited by Dodge; 24/08/2007 at 1:43 PM.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Just as I thought the music forum was getting a bit jaded - this beauty of a thread pops up. Great work Jebus.

Past Track: Old Man - Neil Young. Listened to "Harvest" recently and still love that track. The harmonising with Youngs voice on the chorus has a real heartfelt quality to it.

Present Track Rest my Chemistry - Interpol. That tune is stuck in my brain for the last couple of weeks - so therefore has to get my current vote. Stand out track on the new album, methinks.

Future Track - Nothing to report at the minute. Will be purchasing the Corals new album but they're hardly underground.

Favourite - I am the Resurrection - The Stone Roses. This tune (and the album) had a massive influence on me. Without being too melodramatic - a true defining moment in my life. An uplifting melodic tune rises to a euphoric end and makes way for THAT instrumental. Love it.

Dedicated - Beautiful Boy - John Lennon. My missus gave birth to our first child recently, a wonderful baby boy. I've sung this to him a few times when I've tried to get him to sleep - So, very corny I know, I dedicate this track to my wife and son, if I'm honest.
    Last edited by Wolfie; 24/08/2007 at 1:46 PM.
    Quoting years at random since 1975

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    A Past Track: I'm Beginning To See The Light - Duke Ellington
    Brilliant love song, even 70 years or so later.
    A Present Track: Can't Forget About You - Nas
    I love this song. The Nat King Cole sample is masterful. The only drawback is that twit from the Black Eyed Peas produced it.
    A Future Track: No Cars Go - Arcade Fire
    My favourite "new" band.
    A Favourite Track: Cracked Actor - David Bowie
    Easily my favourite song of all time. It's so hard and heavy. Simply brilliant.
    Dedicated Track: Free - Prince
    For my close friend Esraa who died last year. Without sounding too cheesy, she's now free.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    5 songs just aint enough so ill give 3 songs for the first four titles to make a 13 song album instead

3 Past Tracks:
    Thunder Road - Bruce Springsteen.. I love Bruce, this could be in the 3 favourites but I need it to be a great opener..
    Subterranean Homesick Blues - Bob Dylan.. The one Bob Dylan song I like.. great song
    Maxwell's Silver Hammer - The Beatles.. Brilliant Song, quite a weird story but i'm sure it makes sense if your on lsd!

3 Present Tracks:
    Plastic Tramp - Arctic Monkeys , b-side to Fluorescent Adolescent.. cracking song
    The Rules (Single Version) - Delorentos, what a riff!
    Hunting for Witches - Bloc Party, great song..great band..looking like a great playlist atm

3 Future Tracks:
    Your English is Good - Tokyo Police Club.. watch here
    Charlotte - Air Traffic.. watch here
    You! Me! Dancing! - Los Campesinos.. watch here

3 Favourite Tracks:
    Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand.. Introduced me to indie music..and also the 1st track I loved
    Just a Day - Feeder.. Just a Great Song form start to finish.. instantly makes me feel good
    Teenage Kicks - The Undertones.. If its good enough for John Peel.. its good enough for me.. everyone can relate to these the most simple of lyrics.

My Dedicated Track:
    Hey There Delilah - Plain White T's.. My girlfriend loves it.. she saw it as our song months ago.. now its gotten huge tis weird hearing it all the time..

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    A Past Track; Birthday by The Sugarcubes. First song that really showed me what music could do. Astonishing song.

A Present Track; Kasabian - Fast Fuse. Love the way these lads are evolving. And we can't all pick Intervention!

A Future Track: Krafty Kuts & DJ Icey - Through The Door. The biggest, bounciest, funkiest bit of breakbeat you'll ever hear. If this ain't at least a club smash by year's end then there's just no justice in the world. And it won't be, 'cos there ain't.

A Favourite Track: Sympathy For The Devil by The Stones. Just the best song ever, pure genius on every level.

Dedicated Track; Dedicated to the other half, another 'our song' of sorts, CFGF by Tindersticks. Sweet, sweet tune as well.
    Last edited by stann; 25/08/2007 at 1:29 PM. Reason: spelling like a tart
    more bass

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SligoBrewer View Post
    5 songs just aint enough so ill give 3 songs for the first four titles to make a 13 song album instead
    There's alwys one...
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    A Past Track: Life at a top peoples health farm - The Style Council

A Present Track
    : Rentacrowd - The Len Price 3

A Future Track: Intergalactic Badger Boy by The Sticky Fingered Boys (Band or song don't exist yet its so far in the future)

A Favourite Track: So many but today I've been walking around singing Above The Clouds by Paul Weller so I'll go for that.

Dedicated Track: For my other half Woman of the Ghetto (She spent her first 12 years in Fassaroe in Bray ) by Marlena Shaw.
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    past track: local boy in the photograph - stereophonics

present track: an end has a start - editors

future track: bank holiday monday - stereophonics

favourite track - round our way - oasis

dedicated track - sia - breathe me

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Past Tracks
    Search & Destroy-The Stooges
    Downtown Train- Tom Waits
    Transmission-Joy Divsion

Present Tracks
    When the sun goes down-Arctic Monkeys
    Don't look back at the sun-The Libertines
    Stop breaking Down-The White Stripies

Future Tracks
    Hang me out to dry-Cold War Kids
    OR
    THIS BAND http://www.myspace.com/wfanfc

Favourite Track
    I am the Resurrection-The Stone Roses(See Wolfie post about this song)
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC