Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Waterford beat Rovers on penos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    any1 who's feelin off angry/pi**ed off(or just numb like me) bottle it and save it for derek o'brien on friday. our target should be to make him cry. shoulda been a magic night but we had taken away from us. players prob feel worse than any of us right now so lets get behind em on friday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Derek loves that you know.

He's on fire to at the moment..
    www.galwayunitedfc.net -----New GUFC fans forum and Gust Website.

Europe's Big Club.
    "Cause Galway are MASSIVE"-RW Rover on 24/8/07 00:29am

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ok the way he put it mightn be the best, but midget has a valid point. watching him play,he mostly doesnt track back....make challenges and regularily pulls out of 50 50 challenges.fans dont like these players, faz got stick for it last season, but his goals and approach play and some hard work have gotten people off his back. Football is like that. The difference being Faz has a huge amount more talent than steve. I personally dont think he is good enough for what we are trying to achieve and dont think he will be here next season. Just cause someone is a fan, it doesnt mean they cant complain about a player if they personally think he isnt doing the business or giving every bit of himself in his performances. This is an open forum, and everyones opinions should be respected. Your not the only one who LOVES rovers on here feo, and i know you mean well by constantly defending the players, even though its evident that some of them arent up to it, ( i mean some past players also, eg seanie kelly), but you should respect others comments, there entry fee, season ticket and vocal support is worth as much to the club as yours.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ''a few runs up and down the wing'', what else do u want him to do as a winger? thats like saying a striker scored a few goals but thats about it. no im not doubting his ability at all, because im not so narrowminded, and i dont have to have a player to pick on every game

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biscuit View Post
    ok the way he put it mightn be the best, but midget has a valid point. watching him play,he mostly doesnt track back....make challenges and regularily pulls out of 50 50 challenges.fans dont like these players, faz got stick for it last season, but his goals and approach play and some hard work have gotten people off his back. Football is like that. The difference being Faz has a huge amount more talent than steve. I personally dont think he is good enough for what we are trying to achieve and dont think he will be here next season. Just cause someone is a fan, it doesnt mean they cant complain about a player if they personally think he isnt doing the business or giving every bit of himself in his performances. This is an open forum, and everyones opinions should be respected. Your not the only one who LOVES rovers on here feo, and i know you mean well by constantly defending the players, even though its evident that some of them arent up to it, ( i mean some past players also, eg seanie kelly), but you should respect others comments, there entry fee, season ticket and vocal support is worth as much to the club as yours.
    fair enough, but, when he first touched the ball tonight, a man beside me says, 'u Fcuking gaylord', thats great encouragment isnt it...he'll be full of confidence hearing that

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Manson

Quote Originally Posted by feo123 View Post
    fair enough, but, when he first touched the ball tonight, a man beside me says, 'u Fcuking gaylord', thats great encouragment isnt it...he'll be full of confidence hearing that
    I'm all against that kind of thing.
    That person is obviously way more narrow minded than me so
    Ok.... but thats when he as a footballer should rise above all that, raise his game and prove everyone wrong, especially me.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    its all well and good saying that he should rise above it. its not exactly easy to do that, coming to another country and getting nothing but abuse and more abuse from the locals

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    its all well and good saying that he should rise above it. its not exactly easy to do that, coming to another country and getting nothing but abuse and more abuse from the locals
    Ok mate....
    The man didn't come here and get abuse from the off. He had plenty of time to prove himself, like every player that comes in. Fans didn't get on his back from the start, it was his preformances that waranted the 'abuse'. I hate reapeting my point but as i have said no fan likes a player that doesn't give 100% every game. Thats Manse for you. He hasn't given 100% any game. And there are young kids at home who would die to wear that jersey he has on and play for the Bit'O'Red.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    im not your mate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    im not your mate
    But you are his 'son' apparently.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    its confusing alright, what's all this s**t ut talking midgit?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    have to agree with midgit and biscuit...nothing against manson personally but as a footballer he is dire.he's lazy and has never put in 100% for rovers.he pulls out of tackles...the one he pulled out of last night was a disgrace.anybody can miss a penalty but the fact is he bottled it.how did he manage to put the ball so high over the bar....maybe he has a talent after all! ok i think cashey bottled it to but after brushies saves and the penalties back to 3-3 i couldn't see us losing the shootout if he had scored.it was a huge lift to the waterford lads.again feo is entitled to his opinion but i think most rovers fans now agree that he's not good enough and really shouldn't be here next season.and feo your right,if somebody called him that its out of order...don't agree with personal abuse but he has to be accountable for his performances on the pitch.
    Last edited by roversforever; 22/08/2007 at 6:51 AM. Reason: incorrect spelling!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    had to listen to it on waterford local radio over the web - it was painful as the 2 lads commentating were united supporters especially during the shootout to hear them cheering our misses!

PS - Where are all the "Rovers will roll over Waterford by 2 or 3 goals easy tonite!" merchants - bunch of muppets!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    again, lots of sh**e about manson. bad penalty yes, but the first thing i heard when he came on and touched the ball was a fella beside me shout 'you f**kin gaylord', thats great support isnt it! again, he done nothing wrong really when he was on, he gave away a free and everyone starts abusing him again. would ye go away and stop picking on him. dont bother saying he dosnt give a s**te, when ye dont have a clue about it, there all gutted! manson misses a penalty, gets called everything under the sun, cash does the exact same with the next one and nothing. whenever he done something good he got nothing only one or two praised him! an easy target at this stage is all he is to 'fans'.
    midgit, you dont have a clue....you actually dont.
    like to see you throw on a pair of boots

gutted with the result, just one of those nights....proud of every player, they ran there socks off! unlucky lads, thats football
    i love rovers!
    good post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    If there's any consolation it's that many seasons the end of our Cup involvement would also be the end of our season in any meaningful terms.
    This time it's not. Europe is within reach. The important thing now is to build on the crowds and atmosphere that have been returning. This has been a good season so far and could yet be the best since the mid-90s. Considering the way it started, that wouldn't be bad.
    And lads, criticism is one thing, but people are overdoing it on Manson. The lad is getting blamed for everything. I seem to remember another Rovers player getting similar treatment last season. Give the lad a break.
    There's an awful tendency to treat a single defeat as a crisis. Now it's time for the team and the supporters to bounce back. After extra-time last night, it's going to make things a lot more difficult against the crusties.
    "Even if the wind stops to blow
    Even if the sea ceases to flow
    Even if the sun ceases to rise
    The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning star glittering in the sky."

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by red_away View Post
    had to listen to it on waterford local radio over the web - it was painful as the 2 lads commentating were united supporters especially during the shootout to hear them cheering our misses!

PS - Where are all the "Rovers will roll over Waterford by 2 or 3 goals easy tonite!" merchants - bunch of muppets!
    watch who your calling a muppet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by red_away View Post
    Right here. With all the chances we had, we could/should have.

Formerly: wild rover
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Dont want to talk about the game......so depressing. Only one thing to do and thats look forward and look at the bigger picture. we've had a lot of luck in the last couple of months but we've beaten the best and theres no way robbie ****ing hedderman is going to send our season into turmoil. No way. Best way to get over this is to go to Terryland and get all the frustration out by matching what happened back in march. Derek O' Brien, another one of O' Riordans gems will not do a hedderman.......The cup a few months ago was going to save our season. Thats no longer the situation and the league table still makes pleasant viewing. Going to galway and beating the krustys once more will do likewise and yesterday can be forgotten about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Midgit View Post
    I'm all against that kind of thing.
    yeah right. IN fairness migit you are the most vocal person against Stephen Manson i know.

If any of you people who are giving this stick (I'm not saying he played well last night or anything), come out from behind your username, go to his Bebo page and let him know who you are.

Midgit, your on bebo, maybe you should tell him, or next time you see him in the street. It's quite easy to hide behind usernames.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    its not as if manson would have heard him. there is always fans abusing manson where i sit but it is never shouted out so he can hear it so i dont see how it would affect his confidence.

As for manson as a footballer i just dont think he is good enough for this level. i actually didnt think he played that bad yesterday(apart from the penalty of course) but the lad never tracks back and has costed us a few goals this season. When seanie kelly was getting a bit of stick over his performances i felt he was getiing vert little protection from manson.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast