Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Andy Keogh (F Perth Glory b.1986)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    What level would that league be at?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    Nothing sums up humanity and contemporary society quite like the fact that just over ten years ago you could count on a grain of sand the number of footballers with a single tattoo and now the majority of footballers have full sleeves, neck tattoos, hand tattoos, thigh tattoos, tattoos on their lower back.....
    You have a real knack for hyperbolic nonsense. The majority of footballers? Do they really? And since when were footballers, or footballers with tattoos even, entirely representative of not merely our contemporary society but of humanity as a whole anyway? What exactly does this neat summary of yours say about all of us then?

It's adorable. I wonder when things are going to come full circle again and the hipsters and metrosexuals are the ones who don't have tattoos?
    I assume that's sarcastic derision. Why does the style of tattoo that someone might wear on their body personally bother you so that you feel somehow qualified to make some sort of (ignorant) value judgment about that person? In fact, why do you even bother with football when you so obviously despise so much about the game and feel suspicious of or openly hostile towards so many people within the game?

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Arrogant journeyman who thinks a lot of himself.
    Lets talk about six baby

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Lay off TOWK, he's alright.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Do you have any basis for calling the man arrogant? Do you know the man well enough to make such a callous judgment about his character? Or are you simply making such a broad, sweeping remark because of your opinion about his footballing talent? Whatever about his footballing talent, it is bang out of order to call the man arrogant without having a reasonable basis for doing so. Or am I mistaken and you personally know him? If so, please indulge.

He's full of himself? Full of himself how? Is he conceited? Egocentric?

Are you implying all footballers are arrogant? Is that your insinuation? Is this indicative of the A-League?????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    I'm sorry about the tattoo post. I didn't mean to offend any board members who may have tattoos.

In hindsight, I should have made that comment in the off topic section.

Live and learn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    What have you actually learnt though? If you've not actually learnt anything, don't try cod us with a false impression that you've now reformulated your opinion. And, not that I particularly care either, but are you actually sorry or not? Likewise, don't say it if you're not. I mean, your first post there in that contradiction-riddled duo is a snide and pitiful attempt to mock in further hyperbolic cartoon form the questions I raised above. You seem prepared to admit that they were valid questions in your second post though, no? So why the silly parody? And if genuinely apologetic, why, in hindsight, would there still be a place for your silly comment even in the off-topic section?

It's not that I personally want you to apologise, and especially not because I'm on some pious moral crusade. I couldn't care less about that. If you're not sorry, don't bother with the pseudo-apology. It's not specifically about having possibly offended other board members with tattoos either, good lord. (Although I don't doubt that what you said would indeed be quite insulting to a tattoo-bearer.) It's just the deceit, the ignorance, the brazen bull you spout and the general negative judgmental attitude you harbour towards other people, as if by default, that is tiresome. You make rash moral judgments on things which are absolutely none of your business and of which you have little-to-no knowledge. I don't think anyone's demanding apologies from you - I certainly amn't - but don't cry foul and victim when you're pulled up on this stuff to point out your suspect reasoning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    He's full of himself? Full of himself how? Is he conceited? Egocentric?

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Adelaide United vs Perth Glory Tuesday at 08:30am on BT Sport 1 Australian FFA Cup Final 16 December 2014 08:30am

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Lay off TOWK, he's alright.
    LOL. It's nice when people don't take themselves so seriously and are able to laugh at themselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Well Rafa, have you a story of some description to back this up or just working off a hunch? In fairness, I don't think certain other posters would be allowed to just leave it at that, and rightly so.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    LOL. It's nice when people don't take themselves so seriously and are able to laugh at themselves.
    There's no praise like self-praise, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    Well Rafa, have you a story of some description to back this up or just working off a hunch? In fairness, I don't think certain other posters would be allowed to just leave it at that, and rightly so.
    I agree. I'd like Rafa to provide some explanation also for his interesting outburst. Despite the regression into sarcastic overload, I do think TOWK posed some initial questions of possible value in his "response" to Rafa. Whether he genuinely meant for them to be answered or not is another question, but, after contemplating it, I didn't think I needed to add any further.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Do you chaps have Bagels in Dublin? Do people eat bagels in the mornings?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    900 Posts
    Ah, Crosby, we don't even have chaps in Dublin. Not since people stopped reading Biggles and Agatha Christie and went back to the Sacred Heart Messenger anyway. And what are these bagels of which you speak? Are they like coddle? Mmm.. a good feed of coddle starts my day every day. It's what made Andy Keogh the fine strapping lad he is.
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    Another goal for Keogh this morning, his twelfth of the season

18. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Was at the game and Keyoo as they call him here, like in England, is playing very well and scored a beauty last night. The game was played in 36c and the heat was bad, but he seems to cope well with it. He created the second goal too for Perth and he is second in the race here for the golden boot. He is presently out shining Duff over here, but Duff played very well a the weekend and seems more interested now that Robert Koren is playing. For me, it is great that to see Keogh is over the peroxide hair thing, he now looks like a normal person again and has lost that knacker look!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    I don't know about that, Gastric.
    Andy's long blonde hair emphasised his caring feminine side, now he looks more australian ( i.e. like an inveterate criminal who's attracted to naffness), a look which was effected on Andy by placing a bowl filled with brylcreem on top of head and shaving off the rest of his hair.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gastric View Post
    Was at the game and Keyoo as they call him here, like in England, is playing very well and scored a beauty last night. The game was played in 36c and the heat was bad, but he seems to cope well with it. He created the second goal too for Perth and he is second in the race here for the golden boot. He is presently out shining Duff over here, but Duff played very well a the weekend and seems more interested now that Robert Koren is playing. For me, it is great that to see Keogh is over the peroxide hair thing, he now looks like a normal person again and has lost that knacker look!

So you think it is the second sound here. ie more like "key ogch"

Obviously it is not easy to type the sound of a word as it is hard to specify pronunciation or accent.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    I don't know about that, Gastric.
    Andy's long blonde hair emphasised his caring feminine side, now he looks more australian ( i.e. like an inveterate criminal who's attracted to naffness), a look which was effected on Andy by placing a bowl filled with brylcreem on top of head and shaving off the rest of his hair.

I hear Andy is a mega fan of Kim

Or vice versa, you can never be too sure who is copying who.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Andy has been a bold boy, a very bold boy!

http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/socc...16-13gdgf.html

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    He's knew nothing about it!!!!

Ireland international Andy Keogh is at the centre of a controversy about salary payments in Australian football.

His club Perth Glory have been been banned from the A-League play-offs despite qualifying with a number of games to spare. The ban was as a result of a breach of the Football Federation Australia (FFA) salary cap regulations.

It has now emerged that Keogh is one of the most high profile recipients of the payments in question.

The Australian Herald Sun reports that the striker agreed a salary of salary of $700,000AUD for two years when he joined the club in May 2014.

This deal put the club close to the limit of their salary cap, but they went on to sign several more players.

In order to appear to comply with regulations, the club listed Keogh’s salary as $160,000AUD and made up the balance of the salary through car rentals and payments to members of Keogh’s family.

It is understood that Keogh was not told about the unusual payment methods until after he moved to Australia and that he was not aware at any stage of any illegality in the payments.

At least six other Perth Glory players are believed to have received payments that were not declared to the FFA.

Perth Glory have confirmed their intention to appeal the FFA decision.
    Lets talk about six baby

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast