Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 53 of 114 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2276

Thread: Anthony Stokes (F free agent b.1988)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I've had to delete a couple of posts. Sunderland's main message board had to close for a while over libelous claims and a couple of posters stepped over the mark.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What about PMs. They cant damage the site.

Someone PM this talk about Stokes because I haven't a clue what the craic is.
    I think I should the parachute, because I'm great.

In fact, I think I should get both parachutes, in case one doesn't work.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    no prob eirebhoy.....
    Bring back the plank

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    here's one confirmation of one false story. http://www.people.co.uk/sport/sportconfidential/

now could all the people wanting anthony to fail please fcuk off. yet another idiot fabricating stories to try drag his name through the mud.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingeric View Post
    here's one confirmation of one false story. http://www.people.co.uk/sport/sportconfidential/

now could all the people wanting anthony to fail please fcuk off. yet another idiot fabricating stories to try drag his name through the mud.
    The @sshole didn't even have the decency to put his name to the apology.
    Maybe I could find out by clicking around the website but IMO an apology should be signed off.
    I wouldn't normally read the People but does anyone know who he was so that I can avoid any other rubbish that he writes?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Praha View Post
    The @sshole didn't even have the decency to put his name to the apology.
    Maybe I could find out by clicking around the website but IMO an apology should be signed off.
    I wouldn't normally read the People but does anyone know who he was so that I can avoid any other rubbish that he writes?
    not only did he not have the decency to put his name against the apology, the story was a two page spread with a sensational headline- the apology is half a paragraph on a website that most people won't see.

not only is he an @sshole, but there quite a number of very sad, cowardly people on this site (and others) that spread these stories (along with the other more serious ones) every chance they get- without realising the implications they can have on a 19 year old boy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Look on the bright side though, Keane is more likely to give Stokes a game now that the media are picking on him.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingeric View Post
    Who wants him to fail ?

Most people on this site would love it if he made it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Very poor offside call against Stokes a couple of minutes ago. He would have been clean through one on one against James. He's playing well. Sunderland are playing 4-5-1/4-3-3 with Stokes and Murphy out wide. Stokes started on the right but Murphy struggled on the left and they switched half way through the first half. Miller playing well too.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Very impressed with Stokes, Miller and especially Murphy today. Great to see and good for whoever is the new manager. Morrision is back to his best at Palace. Duff is back playing. Keane is playing every game. S.Reid is back playing and playing well. Player wise things are looking up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Yeh Murphy really got better as the game went on.
    Last edited by eirebhoy; 13/01/2008 at 7:31 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    I like Murphy... .. He's using his frame a bit more (like the goal against Bolton) and he uses the ball good and early... (As well as Jones has been playing for Sunderland he has an awful habit of taking too much out of the ball as if he's waiting to bring someone into the game, even though there's options either side of him waiting on a layoff or a second touch)... Murphy lacks a bit of pace playing wide though, and when up front, for someone so big, he can't jump.

On Stokes, I'd like to see him play more in a conventional 2 man forward line..
    I pity the fool!.... But suggest ways that he might improve himself.

www.thefastleague.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Stokes got a bonus point in the fantasy football so whoever was judging was impressed too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Sunderland fans on RTG seem to be impressed with him today(and Murphy).
    Eventually I would guess he will play as an out and out striker but great to see him in the team and playing well.Along with Garvan he is IMO our biggest prospect for the last couple of years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I see the "Irish" Mail on Sunday quoted the People's retracted story about the Stokes Neigbour's complaint in their "Roy Keane is Evil and must be DESTROYED! Burn him! Burn Him!" story yesterday...

"AYE KEANO" - p52 IMOS 13/01/2008

Three others - Ian Harte, Greg Halford and Ross Wallace have allegedly been listed for non-footballing reasons, with two having been told they'd never play for the club again.
    And while David Connolly & Stephen Wright are also on the way out, Anthony Stokes, Subject to an official complaint from one of his neighbours, was spared a similar fate following an impassioned face-to-face plea with the manager.
    (...)
    And all this before Clarke's damning intervention with his assessment that Keane ignored his players and ranted and raved following defeat cut deep.
    The article continues on in similar clumpy, clumsy, poorly structured vein, torturing the English language at every given opportunity. You'd think with two Journalists as credited authors (Take a bow Jack White & Martin Hardy), they would have A) Checked their facts, and B) Not started so many paragraphs & sentences with the word "And".

Will they too have to offer an unsigned apology? (If they do, it'll Probably start with "And....")
    Last edited by Bondvillain; 14/01/2008 at 12:58 PM.
    On the way into the stadium, an elderly San Marino Steward waved us in and said "Tonight, may the best team win"

And they nearly did.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheifo View Post
    Sunderland fans on RTG seem to be impressed with him today(and Murphy).
    Eventually I would guess he will play as an out and out striker but great to see him in the team and playing well.Along with Garvan he is IMO our biggest prospect for the last couple of years.
    Roy was happier with him too:
    "Even Anthony Stokes tackled someone. That gives us all hope."

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Match...240385,00.html
    Together with all our hearts.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Stokes was a class act yesterday..got on the ball and looked comfortable with it...showed good awareness of his teammates...hopefully it is a turning point for him..he is playing out of position though..would love to see him play up front alongside yer man jones...Murphy looked very good as well...what ever went on at Sunderland last week seems to have brought out the best in them all...Miller played well in midfield as well...in a more of a spoiler role to let richardson roam.....hope they all kick on from here as it would be positive for Ireland
    Bring back the plank

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    i thought there defence was still poor, and 3 at the back WOULD GET CAUGHT OUT ON ANY OTHER DAY. The thing is though the attacking team he put out were very good in the last 3rd, so it will be interesting to see if he keeps it 3 at the back....i wouldn't recommend it though. McShane did well when he came on as well.

Was it stoksie that hit that pass to murphy with the outside of the foot that murphy was clearly onside for but ruled offside? It was one of the best passes i have seen in a long time.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Match of the day didn't show either Stokes or Murphy's wrong offside calls.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    i thought there defence was still poor, and 3 at the back WOULD GET CAUGHT OUT ON ANY OTHER DAY. The thing is though the attacking team he put out were very good in the last 3rd, so it will be interesting to see if he keeps it 3 at the back....i wouldn't recommend it though. McShane did well when he came on as well.
    was it not 4-5-1/4-3-3. with jones up front and murphy and stokes playing either side?????