Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 54 of 114 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2276

Thread: Anthony Stokes (F free agent b.1988)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    Anyone hear Stokes' interview on Off The Ball. Did sound like he's getting his act together.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I didn't hear it but he always comes across well in interviews. That's why I'm so surprised with the bad reputation he has.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    Stokes on this weekend's game: http://www.safc.com/home/?page_id=14008
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Stokes

Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    I didn't hear it but he always comes across well in interviews. That's why I'm so surprised with the bad reputation he has.
    I am not surprised, how could he have a good reputation just look back at some of the stupid comments on this site not only about Stokes as a footballer but very personal comments from people who claim to know him but do not have a clue about him or his lifestyle.

I heard him on the radio the other night he came accross very well when asked about stories in the newspapers he said he has had to live with this since he was fourteen years old .

How sad for a young boy to be subject to such lies and roumours about himself and his family.

For example I never read or heard him complain about playing in any position when he was with arsenal. To read some on here you would think he did not want to stay with Arsenal. Why dont people leave him alone to get on with his life.

On the other hand I would imagine he isent too bothered about what a group of loosers on this site say about him.

Come on Stoksey you have already donemore with your life than any of theese knockers will ever do

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paddywhack View Post
    On the other hand I would imagine he isent too bothered about what a group of loosers on this site say about him.
    Come on Stoksey you have already donemore with your life than any of theese knockers will ever do
    A 10 page thread here on Stokes, the vast majority of it complimentary to the young lad. A bit of a Keane complex there.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Stokes

Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    A 10 page thread here on Stokes, the vast majority of it complimentary to the young lad. A bit of a Keane complex there.
    Well if you are new to this site have a look at all the other posts on Stokes going back over the last four years.

Also some of the comments on this thread and others have been deleated because of the downright lies and nasty things some people posted.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paddywhack View Post
    Well if you are new to this site have a look at all the other posts on Stokes going back over the last four years.

Also some of the comments on this thread and others have been deleated because of the downright lies and nasty things some people posted.
    I don't think he is new with 2,500 posts!!

Didn't Wenger say Stokes chose to leave Arsenal and not the other way around..........???

Personally I kust want to see him make the very best of his talent....I'm just not sure if that will be a stiker or an attacking midfielder (I think the latter)

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Stokes

Quote Originally Posted by kennedmc View Post
    I don't think he is new with 2,500 posts!!

Didn't Wenger say Stokes chose to leave Arsenal and not the other way around..........???

Personally I kust want to see him make the very best of his talent....I'm just not sure if that will be a stiker or an attacking midfielder (I think the latter)
    If he has 2,500 posts he must never read them otherwise he would have to agree that most of the posts on here have been very negative towards Stokes. some way over the top and full of hate almost wishing him to fail.

and my point was simply that these people are very sad and need to get a life and not be dreaming and living in a fantasy world

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    He said that of this 10 page thread, 196 posts, the vast majority have been complimentary to young Stokes. You can't get a better indication of current opinion than that.
    He does remember a previous thread about his time at Falkirk complete with blow by blow accounts of his goal scoring exploits.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    A bit of a Keane complex there.
    Certainly some kind of complex. Very odd behaviour. It'd be irritating if it wasn't so pathetic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Took off before half time yesterday and by all reports was absolutly dreadful. Miller and McShane not much better

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    I heard Miller and Murphy were in the thick of things. Each got 7/10 in the Telegraph this morning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I heard Miller and Murphy were in the thick of things. Each got 7/10 in the Telegraph this morning.
    Daryll Murphy should be in the shake up for the next squad. A tall striker who is deft enough to play on the wing. He did ok in the American tour last year too.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    Just saw MoTD which gives a flavour of the game but can be misleading. On the 10 minutes they showed Miller seemed his usual Goldilocks self, not too bad but not too good either. Murphy put in 2 or 3 exceptionally good low balls across the 6 yard box and looked dangerous out left.

McShane is really facing a tough learning experience. Every half error is punished. He wasn't alone mind you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    The Sunderland fan who rates every game in the observer gave Miller an 8 today and gave him a good write up. Murphy got a 7 I think and Stokes a 5 before his subsitution.
    "If God had meant football to be played in the air, he'd have put grass in the sky." Brian Clough.

You'll NEVER beat the Irish.......you'll just draw with us instead!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Miller had a decent enough game and was unlucky not to score- great save by Czerny.

Murphy was really impressive though and gave Stalteri and then Chimbonda a horrible time.

He was beating them one on one and as you said Stutts, sent at least 3 really dangerous balls in that should have led to goals.

We seem to have a glut of left wingers playing really well right now...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Well done to Murphy.Some uneducated people like me had written him off but
    seems to have found a bit of confidence and as mentioned ran riot second half with real quality to his crosses.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheifo View Post
    Well done to Murphy.Some uneducated people like me had written him off but
    seems to have found a bit of confidence and as mentioned ran riot second half with real quality to his crosses.
    Murphy had another great game last night for Sunderland v Brimingham. Played first half at center forward and scored a good goal. Second half played on left wing and got in some great crosses. Stokes played OK (taken off)and beat 2 two Brum playes with a sublime piece of skill in the first half. The way Duff has been playing (no confidence ATM) I would have Murphy ahead of him in the pecking order.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelys Guitar View Post
    The way Duff has been playing (no confidence ATM) I would have Murphy ahead of him in the pecking order.
    What about Stephen Hunt?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Let's face it lads, and dont criticise me ofr being hard on the lad, but Stokes is just not good enough to be a striker for a premiership team, he simply doesnt have the pace or strength imo. He might be better playing deeper but I dont think he'd be as good as miller even playing there.
    pain is only temporary, glory is forever.