Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Celtic Discussion

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    The problem Scotsman is with people who support Celtic because of their Irish links but take no interest in their local, domestic teams and league. I watch out for Celtic results (as well as Hibs and Dundee United), my mum even got me a Celtic jersey for Christmas (she didn't know any better) that I wear out and about the odd time (usually if both my Limerick ones are being washed). I think that the level of personal abuse given out on this thread is stupid and pointless. I dunno who said that nobody here has a problem with Celtic but the amount of references to Sell-thick etc would suggest otherwise. Personally I have no problem with Celtic or Irish Celtic fans whose first priority is an Irish club. It's the people who support a Scottish club but not an Irish club and then claim to be doing it because of a deep-rooted patriotism that make me sick. I can't feel that Celtic are my team. I can't walk to Parkhead just for the hell of it any time I want to, I have no chance in hell of bumping into the manager in the street and stopping him to discuss the need for a new left-back, Glasgow, I'm sure, is a nice city but it's not my city and it's not my home. Limerick is my community and Limerick FC represent that community. Celtic don't represent Limerick and I don't expect them to. You seem a good sort of guy with a genuine interest in your local team. If you were from Dundee I think we'd probably see you at Tannadice and if you were an Edinburgher you'd probably be an Easter Road regular. That's showing pride on both a local and a national level and that is all we feel our league deserves.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Yeah right :rolleyes:

Sell-Thick Shmell-Thick ...... get over it.

I am not going to tolerate having this "Magic" that we are all hearing about poured down my throat.

not the only ones taken in by the MAGIC

Man ..... the magic is beating Bohs at home on a Tuesday night 3-2 .... that is Magic. There is no way in my right mind that i would go to Sell-Thick park for magic .... thats for sure.

That's all in the past but why slate your fellow Irishman for supporting a team that has an Irish heritage as well as Scottish

Slate my fellow Oirishmen ..... You are not hearing me properly ....

[SIZE=3]I DONT BELIEVE THAT CHIT[/SIZE]

It is all cobblers ...... lies ....... not true.

I refuse to have a Scotsman (Thats if indeed you are actually a Scotsman) who says .....

"I think what you should do is let anyone in your Country who wants to support Celtic support them and concentrate on your own league. "

Tell me what is true or not ...............

You can fool some of the people some of the time, and they already support Sell-Thick. I think you should be content with that.

Again ........ I and most of my friends have minds of our own and see straight through you chit. You are now pushing the boat out, you and your "I thought I would get a serious debate - How wrong was I!!! "

You my friend can go and burst
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This "Discussion" is just goin round in circles now.
    Lads there are plenty of people supporting Celtic(and every other club) who think it makes them irish to chant ra songs and probably go to CP once every five years and in the meantime watch it on telly.

You seem to believe all tic supporters are the same and we all believe that Celtic are pure irish, we are not that naive but they have a recognised irish connection.

Celtic merchandising people are delighted to sell you green white and gold flags and cups
    Dont sell tricolors in the store at the ground.
    Every club makes a good slice of their income on mercandising.

but when it comes to actually playing Irish players they run a mile. That's hypocrisy. Liverpool, Leeds, Man Yoo, Arsenal, many English clubs have a much finer tradition of playing Irish players than Celtic
    If you check this out youll see celtic generally have more irish boys on youth books than most clubs but for whatever reason they dont make it.
    What about the likes of bonner,mccarthy brady, and players like given and healy who will move on.

Do you see tricolors flying, the IRISH national anthem and hear irish spoken at Highbury,Elland Rd. etc.

The whole point is that the TENS of thousands of IRISH fans who support Celtic and go togames are the IRISH CONNECTION.
    About 5000 IRISH fans on avg. go to Celtic home games, that is the connection.
    And its getting bigger, so live with it.

You Cork boys not comin on Sat den?????

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Celtic

Listen my friend - I am indeed a Scotsman.

I'm sitting in an office just outside Glasgow at present.

I have a Scottish first and last name - I know my clan's history and got married in my clan tartan and had a piper.

Is that Scottish enough??

I don't want to force anyone to support Celtic.

Never have tried to - I understand certain parts of your arguement but Celtic is not to blame for this.

Celtic try to the best by everyone - People have a right to support who they want.

No matter how much you dislike it Celtic will always have a large support from Ireland.

I'm glad alot of Irsih fans support Celtic.

Celtic are huge club - Why does it matter about your domestic league, your International team does brilliantly??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Sell-Thick SCUM

anyone know where that old 56page thread has gone to from the depths of the old PROC board

a nice link to that would go down a treat right about now
    life is random

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Iarmhibhoy

If you check this out youll see celtic generally have more irish boys on youth books than most clubs but for whatever reason they dont make it.
    Its not something to be proud of to have young kids going abroad to try and make a career. Most of them have a wretched time (and this isnt aimed at celtic but all non-irish clubs).

The LOI is trying to stop this now.

If we were sending over 16 year old boys to work in any other industry it would be stopped and rightly so.

When people are old enough then they should be transferred abroad (if they truly want to). But it should only be the very top players and a t very good transfer fees. We should be doing it the way the Dutch, Swedes, Norwegians etc do it.

BTW why dont you come to Turners Cross?

When Bohs Knocked Aberdeen out of the Uefa Cup , didnt that make you think? If even more people went or decide to go our results will continue to improve.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

UEFA Cup

C'Mon the Hoops tonight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Re: UEFA Cup

Originally posted by Scotsman
    C'Mon the Hoops tonight.
    rovers scum aint playing tonight mate
    life is random

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Celtic

So what if the Spl is not of that great a quality - From what I have heard neither is your league.

Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Rangers have all been sucessful in Europe.

Celtic were the 1st team in Britain to win the European Cup.

All Scotsmen in the Celtic squad.

A great achievement from a League that holds no interest.

England's League is obvioulsy better quality.

There's no denying that.

Spl is a 2 horse race - So is the Premiership.

We are trying to work on the quality of our game and hopefully improve our National team.

Scots know that the quality is lacking - We don't try to kid it's not.

We care about what Scots make of it - No-one else matters on a football front.

Our League still has a higher profile than the Irish League.

Think what you will of Celtic - Celtic could beat anyone on their game.

You talk about Celtic being a kidden on Irish club - not at all.

There is a strong Irsih link - We are also a Scottish Club.

The 2 mixed is superb - What do you care?

So to me anyone who's Irish and supports an English team are glory hunters!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Celtic

Our League still has a higher profile than the Irish League
    Yes it does!! i agree

and so those our league (the League of Ireland).

BTW Scotsman why not come to Cork for a match?

Youre more than welcome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Post Sell-Thick top the poll !!

Sell-Thick top the poll !!

The club with the most conducted studies on the behaviour of fans in Western Europe.

Now laddie .... put dat in yer pipe an' smoke it a wee bit

Yeah .... like anyone (Oirish or otherwise) would be real happy with that.

"Old Firm" laddie .... like it is something to be proud of, Dressed up Sectarian Violence and hatred (Try and deny it and your argument goes straight out the window).

The 2 mixed is superb

They sure do my friend .... they sure do

So to me anyone who's Irish and supports an English team are glory hunters!!

And all the time i thought you didn't care.

For the record, i dont mind people supporting British clubs, but not over their own domestic clubs.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Very tempted to lock this thread as it is getting very boring indeed.

However, now that i think of it, im going to merge it with the other Celtic thread.

Oh, and calm down lads. I agree with whats being said by the non Celtic people, but i think points are being missed by ppl all round.

G
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by GWA
    Very tempted to lock this thread as it is getting very boring indeed.
    I think it's getting interesting. However, we're not going to be able to convince those stupid Scots of anything!
    Champions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Post Haggis

Originally posted by Colm
    I think it's getting interesting. However, we're not going to be able to convince those stupid Scots of anything!
    I know .... but what can we do, we cant just give up on them. They are already Godforsaken as it is, poor b@stards

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Re: Celtic

Originally posted by Conor74

I was in no way trying to knock the Scottish Leagues for their quality. Scotland is a country of some 5/6 million I believe. It is only natural that you would have a slightly better quality than us -
    Conor, Scotland is a country of 5 million. The Rep. of Ireland has just under 4 million if you include Derry. Whats more interesting though is the age structure of the two countries and the amount of youngsters who play football in both countries. Ireland has higher figures in these two cases. All things being equal we should be better than the scots at football. Its one of the reasons that Scotland has such a poor national team for instance.
    I reckon too if you factor in the fact that Ireland is a richer country we should do better. When will the Irish Celtics and the bar stool brigade learn this.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Eh

What's with the stupid Scots patter??

Convince me of what - That Celtic are a great club.

I already know that.

You're the one acting stupid!!

You have a pure attitude problem and you try and belittle people.

Do I care that you hate Celtic - NO.

I have been trying to let you see that Celtic are not what you think - But you are not willing to open your shallow liitle mind.

You''re too obsessed with your own situation that your not open to anything else.

As for bigotry - Yep it does exist - No-one denies it.

What about Ireland is there NO bigotry there??

Well there you go - Celtic and Rangers are trying to do away with the bigory thing and I am in a mixed religion marriage myself.

Rest my case - As for stupid Scots - Do you want me to start where the Scots have achieved - Telephone, Tv, to name but a few.

If you've never been to Scotland, Glasgow and an Old Firm game then you should stop commenting on something you know nothing of.

I know from talking to a few on this forum that there are some decent peole on here, but you are just down right ignorant and unconstructive.

The last thing I wanted was an arguement - I can stay with the wife for that - But your derogative comments bring out the worst in people.

If you seriously want to talk football then I'm your man

Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Post Slán leat !!

Are you gone yet ??

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    For the record, i dont mind people supporting British clubs, but not over their own domestic clubs.
    I have said repeatedly that i support Celtic but will also go to el games and you still attack me so thats crap.

Lads the whole bigotry thing is true but if you go to games like feyenoord-ajax,lazio-roma,real-barca youll see as bad so its not just a celtic problem.
    I wonder if Cork played Linfield would the Cork lads throw a bit of sectarian abuse around??

The club with the most conducted studies on the behaviour of fans in Western Europe.
    Could this be that they realise they have aproblem and are trying to address that.
    It has improved in recent years and it is def a minority thing to chant the sectarian stuff,95% is the Fields of athenry, YNWA and the likes of the Celtic song.

Anyway lads its been fun,im off now to book my flights to Sevilla.
    Ill be dare with a bout 30,000 other Celts to see Lambo lift the cup.
    Adios Amigos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Cool Slán eile !!

Yeah .... see ya .... have a nice life .... NOT

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Eh

If you seriously want to talk football then I'm your man

i have no problem with you scotsman. youre a scot after all and you should support a scottish team. i have a problem with Iarmhibhoy though as he should know better.

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast