Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Celtic Discussion

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Funny how so much of the negative comments come from the cork boys, boy!
    Your entire county seems to have a constant chip on their shoulders, wether its bout the kingdom kickin yer holes in the ga or this crap ye spout about "the real capital" or "republic of Cork".

The fact is were all entitled to support whoever the fook we want and if the team you supported were a bit more entertaining and successful maybe you'd have less energy to expend with negative comments about mine or anyone elses team.

Constructive or reasoned criticism i can take but not this muck.

If all your oirish arguments are taken to their conclusion we should all only watch or play Gaelic Football, Hurling or Handball our national sports, then we'd all be truly IRISH right?? Instead we choose to follow a foreign game so we're all OIRISH
    Hail! Hail!
    Last edited by Iarmhibhoy; 18/04/2003 at 3:20 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Iarmhibhoy

If all your oirish arguments are taken to their conclusion we should all only watch or play Gaelic Football, Hurling or Handball our national sports, then we'd all be truly IRISH right?? Instead we choose to follow a foreign game so we're all OIRISH
    Hail! Hail!
    NO it doesnt come down to that. if that was the reasoning we coudnt use phones, fly in airplanes or get out films from other countries.

However i would always hope that irish phone companies or irish airlines were the best in the world. if they werent i wouldnt go to scotland to talk on the phone over there.

Imagine not supporting an irish team because there not good enough (which may be a valid point) and then choosing Hibernian, which you seem to have done. Thats madness!! You could have chosen Real Madrid but you chose Hibs of Edinburgh. Smart choice boy. Funnily enough i think that Bohs and Shels are of a higher standard than Hibernian of Edinburgh. If more people like you supported them or city then they would be much better than them.

its just that second class image of ourselves which you seem to have.
    Be a real football fan go to real live football matchs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    [B]Funny how so much of the negative comments come from the cork boys, boy![B]
    It being a prodomietly Cork support website .... you would think that you'd get that ...

[B] Your entire county seems to have a constant chip on their shoulders, wether its bout the kingdom kickin yer holes in the ga or this crap ye spout about "the real capital" or "republic of Cork".

That doesn't make sense but i'll reply anyway, man ..... kingdom kickin' our holes, do you want to do your homework first and then come back (consider it me giving you a handicap !!)

And the real capital ..... the whole country is up in arms over this like, can you all pipe down, Cork is a cool city with alot going on, come down and enjoy it, but dont knock us for being open minded and fun loving, .... in short ... Cork Rocks ... get over it !!

[B} The fact is were all entitled to support whoever the fook we want and if the team you supported were a bit more entertaining and successful maybe you'd have less energy to expend with negative comments about mine or anyone elses team.
    Ah ... thats just sour grapes .... get over it already. Man .... i love supporting City ..... because no matter what you do or say .... it is mine by birth right, Irish rover is right .... all the way to Scotland ... you are the fool ... dont take it out on us.

Constructive or reasoned criticism i can take but not this muck.
    How nice ... we agree on something.

Hail! Hail!
    Now you sir .... are being and idiot, give it more thought and you'll come up with something better can be taken as a rule only if there is actually something better to come up with ..... in this case ... i seriously doubt it, sad but soo sooo sad

Slán
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Imagine not supporting an irish team because there not good enough (which may be a valid point) and then choosing Hibernian, which you seem to have done. Thats madness!! You could have chosen Real Madrid but you chose Hibs of Edinburgh. Smart choice boy. Funnily enough i think that Bohs and Shels are of a higher standard than Hibernian of Edinburgh. If more people like you supported them or city then they would be much better than them.
    First of all this is about Celtic not Hibs.
    Secondly i did not "choose" Celtic but as i said on first post it was the first live soccer match i seen and maybe if i had gone to a Mullingar athletic game and been as impressed i'd be supporting them now but i'm not.
    I didnt look at the eircom league and turn my nose up at because it was ****e football.
    I have been and will continue to attend el games in the future becuase i am a football fan but i am never going to change from beign a Celtic supporter first and foremost. Whatever you think of my reasons for this i know that i am as dedicated and genuine a supporter as any el supporter but it seems ye will never be convinced of this.
    I think if you el supporters would like to attract new fans you are going about it the wrong way by attacking people who are genuine fans of (the dreaded) foreign teams, if people like myself attend a number of el games, give it a fair chance but dont "convert" or change allegiance fully what can you say, if the "product" as it was described earlier was good enough (not just in terms of standard of football but in atmosphere and feeling for the club) then surely it would be enough to keep us?

These foreign leagues have done much for the Ireland national team in welcoming irish players and giving them a chance to improve and develop at a higher standard (i agree with you in that outside the top 2 in Scotland there is not much gap between say Partick and Bohs but Partick are a poor side in that league wheras Bohs are the best the el has to offer)if the likes of Keane stayed loyal to Rockmount or Cobh would he have been player he was?
    I know you could argue that if they all stayed at home in the el it would be a much stronger league but its just not gonna happen.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Mullingar dont play in the LOI.

Secondly, of course Keane should have gone to Man Utd, thats daft. But im of the opionion as well that he should have gone to Spain a few years ago to test himself against the top players week in, week out.

Only our very top players should go abroad. Theres no point in going to places like Bradford. Outside of Celtic and Rangers theres no diffference in quality between ireland and scotland.
    British clubs aren't doing our players a service by taking them in. There not doing it out of love, its for there own benefit.

If you went abroad to see your first match, why in gods name did you choose celtic?
    Personally i would have chosen Real or AC Milan.

To see real atmosphere why not go to the Bohs v city match on Tuesday.

BTW its only in Ireland that you get your kind of attitude. You dont get Danish supporting Bayern Munich fans, and fair dues to them.

On another point. World Soccer every month has an article called Talent Scout. This month it features Ireland. What it does is Lists a countrys top ten brightest international prospects. There are 3 from the eircom league (wes hoolahan, eamon zayed and kevin doyle) and one who just left here a month or two ago. A few years ago they would have all played in england. do your bit and make sure more of them start to play here.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    govan shlords
    Seriously, Iarmhibhoy, what does this mean?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If you went abroad to see your first match, why in gods name did you choose celtic?
    Didnt go abroad it was preseason friendly in Ireland.

Mullingar dont play in the LOI.
    I know that but they are a local side so should i not support them because of this (which is the whole basis of your argument is it not??) and not support say Athlone or Longford because they are bigger clubs.

As matter of interest and going of point for a minute whatever about Glen Crowe getting called into Ireland squad surely there is a Centre half in the el who could be push Gary Breen for a place. The man struggles to get a game in the worst defence in the priemership.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Seriously, Iarmhibhoy, what does this mean?
    Govan is the area in West Glasgow where Rangers are based.

Shlord is a derogatory term which any of the LTFC should be able explain.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Anti Celtic????

Celtic Park is an amazing place and i invite any of you to visit it and come back with a negative comment about the experience.
    If any of you Longford town(some of you seem familar), Cork, Pats etc fans ever play the Celts in Parkhead you will get a bigger welcome than anywhere in the world.
    So youre a Glasgow Celtic fan for years and years and years? Funny, pats played in the champions league qualifyers in Glasgow about three years ago. Dont you remember that?

The chanting of the Pats fans is what you could hear on the tv.

Pats fans put on a great display at Turners Cross last week. They have what you call atmosphere. If youre a Celtic fan did you go the match in Glasgow Or Dublin? Funny you cant remember it.
    Whos telling porkies?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Mullingar and not support say Athlone or Longford because they are bigger clubs.
    The level of cr@p you are talking is just about to go off the scale (just a reminder to keep it in toe).

Bigger clubs were never the argument , it was the several million gallons of water that make up the Oirish sea and you crossing it to see a game of ball that you could just as easily see here.

As matter of interest and going of point for a minute whatever about Glen Crowe getting called into Ireland squad surely there is a Centre half in the el who could be push Gary Breen for a place. The man struggles to get a game in the worst defence in the priemership.
    Oh ... thats right, change the subject cos you are losing miserably. That is just sad .... you come onto an eL messageboard, try to convince a few people that you know best, you realise you dont, wont admit it and then try and worm your way out of it, typical (or is this typical of Sell-Thick supporters ?? )
    You really show your colours now my friend.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So youre a Glasgow Celtic fan for years and years and years? Funny, pats played in the champions league qualifyers in Glasgow about three years ago. Dont you remember that?
    Where in my post did i say Celtic have never played these teams???
    I said if you fans(i only used these as example could be any el team)come to Parkhead you will be welcome.

I am still fairly young and ive supported them over 12 years which is over half my life so thats what i mean by years maybe years to you is 30+but thats all relative.
    Last edited by Iarmhibhoy; 22/04/2003 at 5:29 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Oh ... thats right, change the subject cos you are losing miserably. That is just sad .... you come onto an eL messageboard, try to convince a few people that you know best, you realise you dont, wont admit it and then try and worm your way out of it, typical (or is this typical of Sell-Thick supporters ?? )
    I never said i know best.
    I never tried to convince you i know best.
    I came on this board following a link from an el site a mate built.
    I read all the anti Celtic stuff and was trying to find out why all the negativity.
    I never came on to slag off the el and attack u for supporting it.
    I dont for one second expect you or any other el supporter to agree with me.

I asked the Breen question out of genuine interest and because i presume many of people on these boards would know more about the el than me if they go every week.

How the hell can i lose a discussion???
    I have barely had this discussion before but you lads seem to have your ARGUMENTS honed from years of preaching the truth my embattled boys.

The likes of you narrow minded muppets would turn me off going to el if i didnt know dare are decent supporters out dare.

Goodluck to the Town on Sat,was thinking bout goin to game anyway but definitely will now to see you lads beaten, the el should hire ye lads, 1000's would come out to see Cork beaten every week if ye are typical of City fans which i hope your not.maybe we could meet for a pint before the game and watch the premiership???
    Last edited by Iarmhibhoy; 22/04/2003 at 5:53 PM.

Niamh_GalwayGal
    Originally posted by pete

I continue to be confused by people wearing Glasgow Celtic jerseys at Ireland games. Can anyone explion it???????
    they're green

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Celtic

I posted a thread not too long ago about Celtic.

Obviously being a Scotsman I support the Hoops.

I've already spoken about the atmosphere at Celtic Park - Not everyone thinks their Irish that support Celtic.

I don't - I do love the Irish however and have nothing but respect for your Nation.

Come over and join us at Paradise - We''ll go for a drinking competition - Only kidden.

Celtic are a great team - Celtic does have great supporters and the reason for this is the mix of Scots and Irish.

Very similar in nature and I love being a Scotsman and a Celtic man.

I can understand wanting to support your League - Nothing wrong with that - Don't blame Celtic for that - Not their fault alot of Irish support them - Obviously Celtic is still marketed towards Irish as a very strong Irish connection.

This should never be broken and I like the fact that there is strong Irish connection.

Thanks

Neil
    Isin't that lovely

Now **** off!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Re: Celtic

Originally posted by Scotsman
    II can understand wanting to support your League
    Understand ..... You should take it for granted.

Nothing wrong with that
    You better believe it ladie.

Don't blame Celtic for that - Not their fault alot of Irish support them
    We dont blame Celtic for that ..... we blame the Oirish that support them.

Obviously Celtic is still marketed towards Irish as a very strong Irish connection.
    To the point where is can sometimes be embrassing that people cant actually see through it and are lead along like sheep. Tell them any auld yarn and they are off on the next boat. They claim it is the Oirish connection with Celtic, and this is actually not true, if they ahould be following a Scots/British club then it should be Hibs of Edinburgh, that is the club founded by Irish and have the Irish connection.

This should never be broken and I like the fact that there is strong Irish connection.

Thanks
    Of course you like it, and so does the PLC that is Celtic. They are hardly going to turn all the support away now are they. But the fact remains Celtic Club not only dont deny it whne asked, they claim that there is all this history, and it is cobblers ......

That aside .... i dont give a toss about that ....... We really gets up my goat are people who claim to love the sport, and in the next sentence knock the Irish game.

Celtic fans, by and large are the worst for it and i wouldn't mind it so much if it were a great team they were supporting (you could understand that at least) like Real Madrid .... but Sell-Thick ...... that really ticks me off alright.

As far as i am concerned you can stick you're Sell-Thick park up your JAAXIE for all i care.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    To the point where is can sometimes be embrassing that people cant actually see through it and are lead along like sheep. Tell them any auld yarn and they are off on the next boat. They claim it is the Oirish connection with Celtic, and this is actually not true, if they ahould be following a Scots/British club then it should be Hibs of Edinburgh, that is the club founded by Irish and have the Irish connection.
    Why do you think Hibs have more connection than Celtic??
    Celtic are from west Scotland, traditionally home to most Irish immigrants.
    Celtic were founded by an Irish man to raise money to feed irish people.
    They are currently managed by an Irish man and have a no of Irish youth players as well as colin healy and neil lennon.
    You use the Hibs thing cause this is a subject you know nothing about.
    The Plc have actually been accused of playin down the Irish connection and have banned rebel songs and some supporters clubs named after Irish.
    I'd say there are at least as many Celtic supporters who travel fom England, Wales, Norway,Sweden,Denmark,Germany,France, etc to Tic games as Irish, Explain that???
    If you actually researched some of muck your talkin you'd see Celtic have S.C all over world and are up dare with the best supported teams in the world, so we stupid OIRISH(as u call us) are not the only ones taken in by the MAGIC

We really gets up my goat are people who claim to love the sport, and in the next sentence knock the Irish game.
    Celtic fans, by and large are the worst for it

I could not disagree with you more,dunno bout Tic fans down dare but in the CSC i'm in i'd say 40 out of the 60 members go to all or most of local el games.

And personally from the very start i have not knocked the el in any way and i agree that no matter how could or bad it is it is the national league and should be supported.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I was chattin to a mate over weekend whose an el supporter and with whom im goin to an el game at weekend.
    He sold me the el in a totally positive way, he talked about how the standard is better since i last went, how the el is attracting back good young players from England, about the atmosphere and the craic and his total genuine enthusiasm for the game rubbed off on me and made wanna give it another go.

I think if some of you cork boys in particular talked about whats good with the el instead of attacking my reasons for supporting Celtic and telling me whats wrong with them and the league there in you would be doing the el a much better service.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    we are not the only ones taken in by the MAGIC
    At least you realise that you are being totally 'taken in' by this con of a football club.
    You talk about 'the MAGIC', what magic would that be? the magic of Bobo Balde or Neil Lennon. If you're going to support a foreign team you might aswell support one who truly are 'MAGIC', may I suggest Real Madrid or AC Milan.
    Champions!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Celtic

You lot are Anti-Celtic - Everyone's entitled to their opinion I suppose and I respect people's opinions.

You don't really know what you're talking about when it comes to Celtic FC or Scottish football for that matter.

As was said in previous posts Celtic Fc was started by an Irishman.

That's all in the past but why slate your fellow Irishman for supporting a team that has an Irish heritage as well as Scottish.

You need to get your facts right before letting your belly rumble!!

I think what you should do is let anyone in your Country who wants to support Celtic support them and concentrate on your own league.

I thought I would get a serious debate - How wrong was I!!!

As far the guy who said **** off - You're a lovely person eh!!!

How would it benefit me Celtic being Irish - I'm Scottish!!

Never claimed to be Irish and never will!

I think you guys need to get some and vinegar for the chips on your shoulder.

I was merely pointing out the good points of Celtic and some facts.

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast