Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Travellers from the north?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Travellers from the north?

Just a quick post to see if there are anymore people on the european doubleheader who are travelling from belfast or any of the other northern counties. Just doesnt seem to be much of a representation apart from my poor self and friends??????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    you're not alone...
    3 of us are heading. we booked the jet2 flights from monday-thurs to prague ages ago from belfast to prague.
    i dropped out of the monday flight however and am now going dublin to vienna on previous friday too ..shall be using the return to belfast howver.
    looking at the flight prices, there seems to be quite a few travellign on teh same flights too..
    we are also booked on the easyjet belfast-bristol flight for the welsh game (fri night to sunday night)..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aidz1 View Post
    you're not alone...
    3 of us are heading. we booked the jet2 flights from monday-thurs to prague ages ago from belfast to prague.
    i dropped out of the monday flight however and am now going dublin to vienna on previous friday too ..shall be using the return to belfast howver.
    looking at the flight prices, there seems to be quite a few travellign on teh same flights too..
    we are also booked on the easyjet belfast-bristol flight for the welsh game (fri night to sunday night)..
    Were actually flying into prague on the previous thursday and the trking it to bratislava and back. Headin home on the friday after the czech match. Were boating it from dublin to holyhead for the wales game, its been a while since ive done a boat journey, but its good to see more northern representation on the trip. Pints are on yoou aidz1!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    29 travelling from QUB. 5 (or possibly 4) of us are flying from belfast to Prague on the Friday before the Slovakia match and flying back to Belfast the Saturday after the Czech game. Still wish we'd hired the banger of a bus we take to matches though - Belfast to Dublin, belfast to Bratislava - how much of difference can it be?!

Really looking forward to the trip though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Paddy View Post
    Keep up the good work lads, enjoy yourselves.
    Cheers mate. Take it your staying at home?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HolylandsMan View Post
    29 travelling from QUB. 5 (or possibly 4) of us are flying from belfast to Prague on the Friday before the Slovakia match and flying back to Belfast the Saturday after the Czech game. Still wish we'd hired the banger of a bus we take to matches though - Belfast to Dublin, belfast to Bratislava - how much of difference can it be?!

Really looking forward to the trip though.
    I frikin know what you mean, weve had some bus clangers getting to dublin ourselves. I didnt know queens had a supporters club and i bloody went to it!!! Have all 29 of you got tickets to the slovak match? Theyr on sale from the slovakian website if not. Hopefully well meet in the old square and get a few pints going.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    6 of us flying Belfast to Prague, out on the 6th back on the 14th.

Train up and down to Bratislava from Prague.

Derry v Pats live on TG4 on the Friday night so we'll be finding a base to watch that on.
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Derry v Pats live on TG4 on the Friday night so we'll be finding a base to watch that on.
    Keep me posted on that one Kev, should be a bit of craic anyway - game wont be till 9 45 or so Slovakian time? Should give us plenty of time to get the train from Prague, check into our hostel, get suitably scared and head into town for the match!

I didnt know queens had a supporters club and i bloody went to it!!! Have all 29 of you got tickets to the slovak match?
    Its a fairly new intiative but there's been a decent start made. Fair play to the lads who've put the effort in. All sorted for Slovakia, but like a lot of people, most of us are still stuck for the Prague match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Keep me posted on that one Kev, should be a bit of craic anyway - game wont be till 9 45 or so Slovakian time? Should give us plenty of time to get the train from Prague, check into our hostel, get suitably scared and head into town for the match!
    Aye,

Me da, wee Jackie, mini Jackie, Chalkie and Boylo are on the trip.
    I reckon we have to have a few "wee Jackie" integration sessions before you meet the legend. I'd advise bringing in Matt Doherty as a consultant to oversee the lamb shanks and bacardi.

The house in Belfast will be empty that week.......
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Dublin airport is now just as handy as Belfast City or Aldergrove at about 1 hour.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Aye but I suppose Belfast flights for Ireland matches are less likely to shoot straight up. Actually from home in South Armagh, Dublin airport would be closer in miles and much more accesible - wouldn't pass through a town from Crossmaglen to the Airport!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Aye but I suppose Belfast flights for Ireland matches are less likely to shoot straight up. Actually from home in South Armagh, Dublin airport would be closer in miles and much more accesible - wouldn't pass through a town from Crossmaglen to the Airport!
    There is obviously a better choice out of Dublin but as you say, prices less likely to shoot up, and Belfast is always an alternative if the away trip is some where more accessible.

I was actually planning on going from Belfast as we got cheap flights (taxes only to Bratislava now Vienna from Amsterdamm and to Stansted but Easyjet changed the flight time on the route so we couldnt make the connection. So we had to go out of Dublin with Aer Lingus and obviously return to Dublin from Stansted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    12 of our crew for Bratislava & 10 for Czech game