Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 99 of 258 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 5144

Thread: James McCarthy M Celtic b.1990

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    It really is up to McCarthy now to settle this, and soon.

Seriously depressing stuff and i cant help but feel that Trappatoni has to take a lot of the blame for this. But i really dont think he gives a f*ck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    It really is up to McCarthy now to settle this, and soon.

Seriously depressing stuff and i cant help but feel that Trappatoni has to take a lot of the blame for this. But i really dont think he gives a f*ck.
    If McCarthy slips through the net he'll have to take nearly all of it. But I don't think it's coming to that...yet. Wern't McDonnell et al claiming McCarthy was still true green on Tuesday morning?
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    yeah i suppose. I just have a bad feeling about this.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Trapatonni is going to pick him in the squad for the Macedonia game according to both the Irish Times and the Examiner. Didn't hear that in the earlier interview. Hope its true.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    I think we might be seeing a young guy who put up with a fair amount of abuse in his youth inorder to play for us only to now feel he isnt wanted, if thats the case the blame lies with Trap, all of it. We have seen some real dross in the middle for Ireland of late, players not fit to be in there, surely he could have given him a cap at some stage for the good of Irish football in the longterm, even if he doesnt fancy the player himself.

Hopefully we are ust seeing Wigan protecting their asset, but with Levein and McArthur's somments today and the T.A. website being more hopefull on it tonight also, it is now very worrying, he is still just potential, but its been a while since we have had potential like this emerge.

McCarthy could settle this with a 30 second interview, but he is chosing not to do so, and why should he after Trap has mucked him about like this. Hopefully clarity from the players camp soon. Its badly needed here.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanVsDalton View Post
    His PR could use serious work. But Andy Reid's tearing it up for Blackpool and Steven Reid retired, not because he got his feelings hurt by some geriatric Italian, but because he decided to concentrate on club football. It's simply hair-pullingly disingenuous to suggest otherwise. So I don't see how you can go from 'he's poor with media' to 'Trap shot JR!' or whatever tin-hatted conspiracy theory you posted earlier.

Full moon indeed.
    From the Irish Examiner Oct 2009

For his own part, former Millwall player Reid confessed to be being "amazed" at Trapattoni’s remarks, but insisted he was desperate to play for the veteran coach in the World Cup qualifying play-off against France next month.

Who retired who? The Messianic crew are out. And they were disgraceful comments about a great player.
    Last edited by Noelys Guitar; 10/02/2011 at 1:25 AM.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelys Guitar View Post
    Trapatonni is going to pick him in the squad for the Macedonia game according to both the Irish Times and the Examiner. Didn't hear that in the earlier interview. Hope its true.
    http://www.examiner.ie/home/mccarthy...on-144822.html
    It was said earlier, after the interview. Not on video though.
    The Daily Mail puts a different spin on the same quotes
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...Scotland.html?

The point of it all, is that you can read into all of this all you want and until James makes his competitive debut and/or retires from international football at 21-40, some of you won't be happy.

James said this last year
    "I was delighted just to get on the park and make my debut," McCarthy told skysports.com. "That's it put to bed now [the Scotland speculation] and from day one I wasn't going to change anyway. I just need to keep working hard with my club and hopefully get more international recognition. I was a bit nervous about being the new boy in the squad but everyone made me welcome. They are a good bunch of lads and I am delighted to make my debut. It is brilliant to be honest to make your debut against top opposition like Brazil and the only disappointment was the result."

For me, that's enough. If you don't think Trap has been honest about calling him up for Norway last year(got injured), and the confusion this time, then thats your own demons and you don't have to share them with us every other day. We get it.
    Last edited by Closed Account; 10/02/2011 at 1:31 AM.

8. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelys Guitar View Post
    Daniel McDonnell of the Indo hinted at the same on Twitter earlier. Load of fuss over nothing - doubtful if James' agent even bothered informing him about the whole debacle.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    For me, that's enough. If you don't think Trap has been honest about calling him up for Norway last year(got injured), and the confusion this time, then thats your own demons and you don't have to share them with us every other day. We get it.
    Well I would like to have your confidence on it Joe and hope you are right. And doubtless at one stage we were the only option he wanted, but the omission from the squad this time, the u21 call up, the belated Senior call up and subsuquent withdrawal was a very strange and negative sequence of events which can be interpreted several ways and Trap seems to make everything worse every time he opens his mouth these days. My thoughts stray more and more to who the next Ireland manager will be, lets hope that manager has James McCarthy to pick.

It shouldnt still be an issue, it should have been dealt with, it had been done for worse, Joe Lapira, Terry Dixon.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Well let's hope that this is put to bed soon and that he plays in March.
    There is no such thing as a miracle cure, a free lunch or a humble opinion.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShamrockIreland View Post
    Please no Green he is terrible, and every time he plays I know he is going to give the ball to our opponents at least 20 times. I agree about the Stephen Reid injury I said this before here and got the Trap fan club saying I was way off the mark. McCarthy is about 10 times the player Green ever can be. We will not qualify with Green in midfield Russia ran through him like he wasn't there.
    No they didn't. They ran around him like he wasn't there. :-)
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    574 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
    I expect the thread to break the 100 page mark by midnight.
    err.......I meant by midday.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    So people are now wondering.even a good while ago when the club made no comment when asked about it,previously that trap said there were conflicting reports in that he was tired and not injured. This should have been put to be ages ago.Its not just from last night it all could have been settle a week ago with one statement.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Can't understand why Martinez didn't just say he was injured. He went off after shipping a knock on 82 minutes on his ankle, manager says he's injured and it's a non story. Makes no sense.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    What I cant understand is people seem to take somethings as gospel and not other things. Very naive altogether in how they read between the lines.
    "he likes Ireland, he likes Scotland, he must decide". What lines are there to read between? (poor grasp of English, and hopefully the whole situation, notwithstanding)

NO, but it was obvious from the start that something was going on here as noely and i suggested, its using cop on.
    Or reading between lines?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    I haven't read the Indo yet, but the Emmet Malone description provided above and Liam Mackey's version of events here makes me believe that the position is much clearer, and Trap's view is more defendable. His communication isn't though.

http://www.examiner.ie/sport/soccer/...on-144822.html

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    "he likes Ireland, he likes Scotland, he must decide". What lines are there to read between? (poor grasp of English, and hopefully the whole situation, notwithstanding)

Or reading between lines?
    Won't get into being left out of the squad etc, but there were conflicting reports all the time, and not from "a source " said, that in itself was a sign something was not quite right. Wigan never issued a statement on the thing, whether he was injured or not, just saying no comment. The player never said anything himself. He never came over to be looked at by irish physios.

Now the point I was getting at is this could have been put to bed well before today. It hasn't and that to me says something, and it might well turn out to be fine but then its a terrible indicement on all parties involved if thats the case. A terrible handling of the whole affair, if journos are speculating, the way they are and they are the go between fans and the team, then how some people on here going on about its a nothing blah de blah for the last 5 or so days, is beyond me.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I haven't read the Indo yet, but the Emmet Malone description provided above and Liam Mackey's version of events here makes me believe that the position is much clearer, and Trap's view is more defendable. His communication isn't though.

http://www.examiner.ie/sport/soccer/...on-144822.html
    Well if thats the outcome of this whole scenario and he plays, then I for one will be delighted. Because I dont think we would have seen him in that game otherwise, fast tracked like this. Great ploy by his agent and/or journos to get mccarthy into macedonia game
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    If we do manage (God forbid) to lose McCarthy to the Scots, after he has shipped the amount of abuse he has taken for to declaring for us, the blame will fairly and squarely rest at the feet of Trappatoni.

No other player has received such vile and hatred thrown towards him for declaring for us, yet Trap has managed to make it seem that he has yet to make up his mind.

He is getting paid way over the odds to manage us and if he can't deal with a simple thing like this then what exactly is he there for.

He is starting to make Don Givens look like Kofi Annan.
    “I’d always play Pirlo but Trapatoni says his first concern is to avoid losing goals. The truth is that we didn’t know what we were doing out there" Gennaro Gattuso, June 2004.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Now the point I was getting at is this could have been put to bed well before today. It hasn't and that to me says something, and it might well turn out to be fine but then its a terrible indicement on all parties involved if thats the case. A terrible handling of the whole affair, if journos are speculating, the way they are and they are the go between fans and the team, then how some people on here going on about its a nothing blah de blah for the last 5 or so days, is beyond me.
    Terrible handling of the whole affair, agreed totally. But the cold reality is that he was seen to take bad knocks last week and is only just back from injury. Tuff Paddy quotes the player as being gutted. I have my concerns, sure, but based on evidence rather than emotion and hysteria, there's still little to suggest he's on his way to playing for Scotland. I think there's more evidence to suggest that elements of the Irish media are intent on sh1t stirring. Now, as an emotional man, I suspect something more sinister is afoot, be it the player is p1ssed off, or Trap is still holding a grudge over the RDS no-show, but this is only speculation. We all watch legal dramas I'm sure. If this was in court the defence would be shouting "Objection. Evidence?".

23. Thanks From: