Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 43 of 258 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: James McCarthy M Celtic b.1990

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    I guess the people paying his wages will need to be informed that he will not blossom until 26 (not 25 or 24) as per a post on a message board. My bad tets. I bet they will be VERY interested in this "fact". I dont know what i was thinking.

You know, I have a pretty decent job, but anyone on here feeling the burn of the current economic state--I bet clubs would pay you a pretty penny to tell them the exact age a player will be effective. Might be worth a shot.
    Hell if you can use that system of determination for other sports, I bet the Devils and Rangers (in fact i am positive) would be more than happy for you to give their AHL and OHL and IHL teams a serious run through. You can even stay in my apartment when you go down and tell Glen Sather he should be able to tell the exact year a player will be effective. Do you have any idea how much the Yankees pay their top roving scouts to come up with a rough idea for a players potential? And to think they could have gotten an exact age from a message board. (again assuming you can cross over this info.) Gosh Alex Ferguson would probably have the board pay millions for this exact info what is everyone waiting for?
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,314 Posts
    you know, you really could have spent the time spent writing that to look up the original post from eirebhoy that irishultra referred to and checked out the points he made
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    I guess the people paying his wages will need to be informed that he will not blossom until 26 (not 25 or 24) as per a post on a message board. My bad tets. I bet they will be VERY interested in this "fact". I dont know what i was thinking.

You know, I have a pretty decent job, but anyone on here feeling the burn of the current economic state--I bet clubs would pay you a pretty penny to tell them the exact age a player will be effective. Might be worth a shot.
    Hell if you can use that system of determination for other sports, I bet the Devils and Rangers (in fact i am positive) would be more than happy for you to give their AHL and OHL and IHL teams a serious run through. You can even stay in my apartment when you go down and tell Glen Sather he should be able to tell the exact year a player will be effective. Do you have any idea how much the Yankees pay their top roving scouts to come up with a rough idea for a players potential? And to think they could have gotten an exact age from a message board. (again assuming you can cross over this info.) Gosh Alex Ferguson would probably have the board pay millions for this exact info what is everyone waiting for?
    As tet's said, try reading eirebhoy's post regarding McCarthy and comment on that, the rest of your last post is unrelated rubbish.

Wigan boss Martinez - ' He's been patient and professional, I think James McCarthy has worked very hard off the pitch and he showed today that he is desperate to play for Wigan Athletic and that's the sort of player we need '
    Last edited by co. down green; 02/01/2010 at 9:43 PM. Reason: .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post

You know, certain people's posts reveal alot about them....

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,694 Posts
    I see Colbert Report actually thanked Crosby for that post. The mind boggles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    All i was saying was no one knows if a player will be a success at 26. I realize many of you have blinders on here due to the circumstances of the original poster and i respect that.

Imagine if a person with a low post total or me or Colbert came on here and said hey, i have figured something out, James McCarthy will be great at 26.
    All of you would flame the poster to death and you know i am right whether you admit it or not.

As for reading everything on here posted a while back, i was responding to the quote by irishultra above. Didnt realize i had to do so much additional research.

But i am not looking to fight.
    I look forward to when James hits 26 and i can count on him being a great success. It is unfortunate that it is (apparently) so understood we will have to wait but hey, rome wasnt built in a day.

And as for people's post revealing things, thanks for pointing that out Scooby Doo. I always look for people calling themselves Scooby Doo to really know how to use a smiley face good and proper. Yeah he he go shels he he!! In the words of another cartoon character, good grief.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    8/10 in one rating I read and a v decent write up.

As has been said I can't see the 26 prediction making sense. If he is going to be great then it is more likely to be by 21 than by 26 (thiough clearly he may well improve as 26 is the optimum age for most players/positions).

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I fear that McCarthy will be another McGeady, hyped up and way over-rated..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yapster View Post
    Its a little early to be saying that. Give him at least another year before even thinking like this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    jesus no one has patience around here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,633 Posts
    except me and you Acorn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    He's only 19, ffs.

Let's see where he is in five to seven years before judging whether he's a failure or not. Even McGeady is only 23.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superfrank View Post
    He's only 19, ffs.

Let's see where he is in five to seven years before judging whether he's a failure or not. Even McGeady is only 23.

McGeady is only 23? ffs players back in the day were established by that age. Have you seen McGeady play? he hasn't improved any in the last few years, he can't cross a ball ffs. I hope I'm wrong about McCarthy but I think he is over-hyped like McGeady was.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    McGeady is only 23? ffs players back in the day were established by that age. Have you seen McGeady play? he hasn't improved any in the last few years, he can't cross a ball ffs. I hope I'm wrong about McCarthy but I think he is over-hyped like McGeady was.
    you obviously havnt been watching him recently so...
    Last edited by Acornvilla; 03/01/2010 at 11:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,314 Posts
    McGeady crossed today for McDonald's goal
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Garcia View Post
    As has been said I can't see the 26 prediction making sense. If he is going to be great then it is more likely to be by 21 than by 26 (thiough clearly he may well improve as 26 is the optimum age for most players/positions).
    We are depending on one posters (distant?) recollection of what Eirebhoy wrote.
    But as you admit, probably most midfielders are at their peak aged 26.
    It may well have been one of Eirebhoy's more obvious comments about a
    young talent and not a Nostradamus like prophesy.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    McGeady crossed today for McDonald's goal

Pity he can't do it for Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,314 Posts
    Pity he can't do it for Ireland
    Assist for Doyle's opener away VS Georgia: http://www.soccerscene.ie/sssenior/m...ils.php?id=449
    Assist for Robbie Keane's second at home VS Georgia: http://www.soccerscene.ie/sssenior/m...ils.php?id=454

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Assist for Doyle's opener away VS Georgia: http://www.soccerscene.ie/sssenior/m...ils.php?id=449
    Assist for Robbie Keane's second at home VS Georgia: http://www.soccerscene.ie/sssenior/m...ils.php?id=454

Against poxy opposition. He had a poor campaign overall you must agree...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

How many times have you seen McCarthy play? back your opinion up with your perceived flaws in his game then.
    Because making flippant statements that a talented 19 year old won't make it just makes you look silly otherwise.

Some posters on here are very funny, if our best youngsters are not breaking through like Fabregas did well then they must be doomed to failure.

Have a bit of patience.