Thread: Limerick Premier Division 2007/08

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyvale View Post
    Earlier flight paid for by the club I suppose
    Phelan is out won't be back.He's on the **** in Newcastle this weekend.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster View Post
    What are you on about - he ran the show in the first half and that was the first game he started all year so he ran out of gas in the secong half.Also look who he had playing next to him?Neither Hartnett nor Wall will ever come close to being as good a player as Jason Purcell - 1 of the best this town has seen in the last 20 years.
    Purcell was different class at his peak. Wouldn't even compare other midfielders to him. Only one that matched him as a midfielder in limerick that I've seen anyway was Barry Flynn. I always wondered though why he never played league of Ireland more.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE Anyway we'll leave it at that and see how the game goes Sunday morning for them ? to be honest I think Pike could run riot if they played anywhere like that.[/QUOTE]

Going to be cracker Sunday!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Rovers View Post
    i do believe you used to play with wembley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

make sure the rest of the summerville team dont know or you might find yourself thrown out of summerville. oops maybe i shouldn't have posted that publicly ah well sure

Yes Mr.O Halloran i did play with wembley about 10 years ago and were a great buch of people to play with...But a lot has changed up there in the last 10 years..And there is no way i;ll be thrown out of summerville as i am a LEGEND up there...Like charlie i will never be removed he he!!
    Also am i not entitled to post what i like??Just making a comment and hoping ye get beaten..simple as that!!!

Anyways how many games have u played this year..U can hardly call u'rself a wembley player he he!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    [QUOTE=jumping jac;822195][QUOTE=L37Ultra;822114]
    Quote Originally Posted by abbeyvale View Post

Heard also that Noel Noonan reffed the game and when he gave a few decisions against Carew a certain Carew player (not mentioning any names)actually went to throw a punch at him, and Noel Noonan just walked off the pitch.

He went to walk off the field whilst the incident happened and the player that approached him attempted to take the whistle off him, but Noonan was convinced to stay and carry on with the game. Anyway we'll leave it at that and see how the game goes Sunday morning for them ? to be honest I think Pike could run riot if they played anywhere like that.
    Has a team ever been thrown out of the league? Surely this crowd are walking a thin line at this stage
    Mama Mia!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    have people seen the ballynanty website, its the dogs boll*x www.ballynantyrovers.com
    Mama Mia!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Heard also that Noel Noonan reffed the game and when he gave a few decisions against Carew a certain Carew player (not mentioning any names)actually went to throw a punch at him, and Noel Noonan just walked off the pitch.

He went to walk off the field whilst the incident happened and the player that approached him attempted to take the whistle off him, but Noonan was convinced to stay and carry on with the game. Anyway we'll leave it at that and see how the game goes Sunday morning for them ? to be honest I think Pike could run riot if they played anywhere like that.

--------------------
    There was a head thrown at him alrite but he didnt even stop play so they just forgoe about it!

He gave Hill celtic a soft pen and not a deff pen for carew!

Hill celtic looked good but carew were only using it as training and made a lot of changes in second half,thay werent to bothered by the score!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Purcell was different class at his peak. Wouldn't even compare other midfielders to him. Only one that matched him as a midfielder in limerick that I've seen anyway was Barry Flynn. I always wondered though why he never played league of Ireland more.
    Was riddled with injuries the time he played with Limerick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Just had a quick look, very good site, must have taken alot of time and effort,

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    nice site. did it cost them much money to do? granville and pike also have good websites

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

[QUOTE=widow;822434][QUOTE=jumping jac;822195]
    Quote Originally Posted by L37Ultra View Post

Has a team ever been thrown out of the league? Surely this crowd are walking a thin line at this stage
    is the balla - carew love in over then

nice job on the website btw. There a sticky at the top of the page with links to all clubs websites - you should add it there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by summervilleman View Post
    Yes Mr.O Halloran i did play with wembley about 10 years ago and were a great buch of people to play with...But a lot has changed up there in the last 10 years..And there is no way i;ll be thrown out of summerville as i am a LEGEND up there...Like charlie i will never be removed he he!!
    Also am i not entitled to post what i like??Just making a comment and hoping ye get beaten..simple as that!!!

Anyways how many games have u played this year..U can hardly call u'rself a wembley player he he!!!
    jesus mr monaghan ur memory is ****. i never complained about ur post in fact i said u can get ur hopes up again as the match is on. and lets be honest here, during the inter-firm you were asking me to get you a form when gorey over heard you and threthened to break your legs and rob your car if you left summerville. so in fact you are no "leg end" up there. the only reason your there is because your afraid of gorey.

i can hardly call myself a wembley player cause i haven't played many games this year??????? ur point being?????? i ave had only 1 club ever. so really i am not traitor like you, leaving when times are bad and coming back when times are good.

oh bye the way best of luck at the weekend vs balla

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

jesus mr monaghan ur memory is ****. i never complained about ur post in fact i said u can get ur hopes up again as the match is on. and lets be honest here, during the inter-firm you were asking me to get you a form when gorey over heard you and threthened to break your legs and rob your car if you left summerville. so in fact you are no "leg end" up there. the only reason your there is because your afraid of gorey.

i can hardly call myself a wembley player cause i haven't played many games this year??????? ur point being?????? i ave had only 1 club ever. so really i am not traitor like you, leaving when times are bad and coming back when times are good.

oh bye the way best of luck at the weekend vs balla
    I never said anything about playing or signing with wembley in the interfirm and if i did it would have only been a joke(do u know what a joke is)...As for me being afraid of gorey well thats true...look at the size of him in comparison to me he he..I am more of a summervilleman than gorey...He has only played a handful of games this year and i have been here through thick and then my boy..The reason i left summerville that time was because i wasn't getting on and a wembley man(wont mention) asked me to go and play premier with them which i did and may i say i scored a goal against park on the last game of the season that kept them up....The following year i was asked back to summerville and that year we got promoted(with my help)...so how am i leaving the club when times are bad and coming back when things are good??I was there when we got relegated from premier and all the years after and well now we are back again!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    maybe if they got rid of you they might stay up for good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by summervilleman View Post
    I never said anything about playing or signing with wembley in the interfirm and if i did it would have only been a joke(do u know what a joke is)...As for me being afraid of gorey well thats true...look at the size of him in comparison to me he he..I am more of a summervilleman than gorey...He has only played a handful of games this year and i have been here through thick and then my boy..The reason i left summerville that time was because i wasn't getting on and a wembley man(wont mention) asked me to go and play premier with them which i did and may i say i scored a goal against park on the last game of the season that kept them up....The following year i was asked back to summerville and that year we got promoted(with my help)...so how am i leaving the club when times are bad and coming back when things are good??I was there when we got relegated from premier and all the years after and well now we are back again!!!
    will you stop with it was a joke sh*t. you said you wanted to play premier football this year and at that time eddie clancy said that the new manager who he was thinking of bringing in (may or may not have being martin reddan) didn't think you were up for it.

more than likely the only goal you scored for wembley that year cause i saw your finishing first hand and its shocking

you say your not leaving when times are bad but instead of staying and fighting for your place you left when you weren't getting on. at least this you stayed and tried to get your place back, although i think you were too afraid to leave, even though you really wanted to.

and if it makes you more of a summerville man because of the amount of games you play well thats strange. i may not have played that many this year but at least im fighting for my place.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    will you stop with it was a joke sh*t. you said you wanted to play premier football this year and at that time eddie clancy said that the new manager who he was thinking of bringing in (may or may not have being martin reddan) didn't think you were up for it.

more than likely the only goal you scored for wembley that year cause i saw your finishing first hand and its shocking

you say your not leaving when times are bad but instead of staying and fighting for your place you left when you weren't getting on. at least this you stayed and tried to get your place back, although i think you were too afraid to leave, even though you really wanted to.

and if it makes you more of a summerville man because of the amount of games you play well thats strange. i may not have played that many this year but at least im fighting for my place.
    Ok so!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    ......TEAM............pld/pts
    1.Fairview Rangers 10 / 21
    2.Aisling Annacotty 9 / 16
    3.Ballynanty Rovers 7 / 16
    4.Carew Park......... 9 / 16
    5.Regional United.... 9 / 16
    6.Janesboro............8 / 14
    7.Pike Rovers......... 7 / 13
    8.Wembley Rovers..10 / 12
    9.Summerville Rovers 8 / 9
    10.Corbally United.... 10 / 6
    11.Granville Rangers... 7 / 4
    12.Star Rovers.......... 8 / 3

Wembley 3-0 Regional Utd
    "The theory of football is not just a study of how to win.Equally as important is how not to lose."

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    great result for wembley yesterday..Well done!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    A result like that will probably end regionals title hopes, fairview beat then comprehensively recently aswell.

Do people think the view have a decent chance of the league this season?
    or how about the boro they seem to be coming good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoops 1967 View Post
    A result like that will probably end regionals title hopes, fairview beat then comprehensively recently aswell.

Do people think the view have a decent chance of the league this season?
    or how about the boro they seem to be coming good.
    balla are in a very good position this year and although they are not preforming to their best at the moment they are still getting the results, sign of a good team. they would be my shout for the league