Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: McGee Out

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    What was actually said on Saturday?
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    From what i can gather, from my many trips around buckley park on Friday night, the team were playing so bad that some supporters got very frustrated and voiced their anger. Most just chanted along with whoever started any chant and "ski out" seemed to be the most common. one player (a defender) was abused by a non limerick based supporter. another fan had it out with ski on the way off the pitch. Dispite chanting "ski out" for most of the second half, these other fans (who were now facing the team and ski) shut their mouths and stayed num! That fan who did open his mouth is now being Vilified and scapegoated by the quite ones who have now forgotten that they chanted through a bout of amnesia. Alcohol had a lot to play in what some persons shouted at ski, and i spoke to some of the grown up players tonight and they have no problem with any supporter.
    Last edited by gael353; 15/08/2007 at 11:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I think what really p1ssed Ski off was:

"There's only one Tommy Gaynor,
    One Tommy Gaynor,
    There's only one Tommy Gaynor"

sung in great heart, not by the Kilkenny fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353 View Post
    the grown up players
    Have we signed some children or something?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor View Post
    Have we signed some children or something?
    Theres one on the sideline anyway
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial Vapor View Post
    I've heard that cash is so tight that the U-21 side have been asked to drive their own cars to away matches because the club can't afford buses for them. What a joke!!

Now thats the Senior team too!!
    Last edited by L37Ultra; 17/08/2007 at 2:34 AM.
    For all the latest League of Ireland news visit www.extratime.ie

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L37Ultra View Post
    Now thats the Senior team too!!
    Yea it's a real pity because most people were under the impression that the basketball cheque syndrome days went out under the last regime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Calls for McGee out is well OTT as far as I'm concerned.
    Why does it matter what you think?? You weren't even there

How did they expect McGee to react?
    See above for a list of managers who have put up with far, far worse

The man is a clown

I'm told the abuse was so bad that a few fans can count themselves lucky that McGee didn't knock their block off.
    WTF??

I said and I quote:

"Who the f*** do you think you are McGee telling us to f*** off and we travelling the length and breath of the country every week only to be served up that s***. You're a f***ing disgrace"

Nice thing to say?? No.

But if the chimp wants to make a vain attempt at knocking my block off because of it that's his problem as far as I'm concerned

The players were not one bit impressed with what went on. I spoke to one player in Dublin at the weekend and he was disgusted with the carry on of some fans in Kilkenny.
    One fan in particular was identified by the player I spoke with and he was livid over it. He told me his name and knew who he was.
    Maybe it's this type of cowardice that has them in the position they find themselves

Felt the need to cry to you in Dublin but hadn't the guts to confront the "mystery fan" at the time

So I doubt the players will have much time for this particular fan from now on.
    Well boo hoo hoo

As a member of the SC committee, we now have a problem on our hands whereby the SC has a bad name with the players as they are aware that it was an official SC bus that travelled to the Kilkenny game. That's something that we are now going to have to put right.
    Well that can be easily sorted

You're all more than welcome to your little cowards club

Give personal abuse - expect to get it back, and I for one do not blame Paul McGee one bit.
    You consider:

"McGee Out"
    "Athlone Reject"
    "Mercenarie"

To be personal abuse warranting a fcuking out of it??

Agreed!
    You NeedToKnow are a hypocrite

That fan who did open his mouth is now being Vilified and scapegoated by the quite ones who have now forgotten that they chanted through a bout of amnesia.
    Says it all Trev

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    As a member of the SC committee, we now have a problem on our hands whereby the SC has a bad name with the players as they are aware that it was an official SC bus that travelled to the Kilkenny game. That's something that we are now going to have to put right
    Supressing the feelings of members of the supporters club does not work and any person trying to do this through censorship should just give up supporting soccer. Being in a supporters club isn't about being friends with the players it is about supporting the team and voicing your opinions whatever they maybe.

If a player is sh*t he deserves to be told that as long as it isn't personal because he is getting paid to do a job . We had the same issue up here when we were asked to censor people travelling with us (We took a stance that we believed was right)and when you visit us again you will see what that has done to the level of support. There is more atmosphere on the moon.

I know I have spoke to some about this in person but no one up here knows if Skee applied for the Athlone job up but there was a strong rumour that it was the case. Can Limerick do us one favour and sign him up for life so we don't end up with him here next season as from as far as I can see and I have the full match from when we played you in Jackman he spends 70 mins talking to people behind him acting the big boy instead of doing what he should be doing and that is managing the team on the pitch.

Just look at a couple of things he has done this season. He gets €800 in fines for acting the big boy on the sideline while apparently players are being asked to drive themselves to matches. It is your money that is paying this for him when it should be going to develop the club.
    Secondly can someone give me a reason as to why he kept on Anthony Hayes when he let 3 other players go other than his dad and Skee are allegedly golf buddies / friends.
    It is things like this you should be looking at.

I am not questioning anyones loyalty here but if half the people involved and attending Limerick 37 had half the passion and love of the club as Lim Till I Die does then it would be a far better place.

Youve been missing for a while Lim it's been a quiet place without you.
    Last edited by Battery Rover; 18/08/2007 at 4:27 PM.

Follow Us on Facebook and Twitter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    It takes somebody from Athlone to come on and talk some sense in this thread. Athlone!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I have no problem with shouting at the manager to make changes or to sort it out even getting after the players to buck up. I don't think he has done a bad job considering where we are in the league. IMO people shouldn't be calling for his head and chants like you mentioned above are over the top as it ****ed the players off as well. Everyone is entitled to there opinion and that's mine!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    It takes somebody from Athlone to come on and talk some sense in this thread. Athlone!
    Supporting my club 34 years and have seen all sorts going on. This season we had a manager that was liked by the players and when he went all the stories came out about lack of training etc. and the new manager we have isn't afraid to say what is wrong with the team to the press either unlike the previous encumbent whos story was we didn't get the run of the ball again. Bit late now in the season but the improvement can be seen the last two weeks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Needtoknow View Post
    I don't think he has done a bad job considering where we are in the league.
    I've not complained about results under Paul McGee, just the fact that he behaves like an infant craving attention on the sideline. This next point isn't aimed at you either Needtoknow but I find it hilarious that some people moan and whine that all this negative stuff on an internet forum is bad for the club's image have no problem whatsoever with our well-paid manager behaving like a circus act to impress I don't even know who.

And while we're trading stories about which player we talked to I spoke to one last week too who thinks that there was nothing wrong with anything any supporter said in Kilkenny. So it's good to know that they're not all hyper sensitive.

I'm delighted that we have a club this year. I respect that people have gotten involved and invested their time and effort and what have you. I don't think we're the greatest run club in the history of the world and I don't really expect us to be in our first year either. But the revisionism that a lot of new faces on here engage in is equal parts laughable and shambolic. Limerick 37 has very thin skin it seems. They will be waiting a very long time indeed if they want everybody to turn up in Jackman Park, join hands and sing something wonderful and uplifting like, "go team go!"

To drag this back on topic somewhat I see nothing to be gained by shoving Paul McGee out the door right now. I think as far as promotion goes, we've blown it anyway so we may as well plod on til seasons end and see if he can break the team out of their slump. If not show him the door. If he proves himself capable of getting the results out of this team that they should be capable of and promises to act in a professional manner, pay a little more attention to what's happening on the pitch and realises that shouting needlessly at officials, opposition players and his own only impresses the most pointless type of fan maybe he'll deserve another year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If he proves himself capable of getting the results out of this team that they should be capable of and promises to act in a professional manner, pay a little more attention to what's happening on the pitch and realises that shouting needlessly at officials, opposition players and his own only impresses the most pointless type of fan maybe he'll deserve another year.
    Fair points, he should act in a more professional manner. I would like to give him the chance as we need some bit of stability if he can keep getting decent results, i would have him here next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    Why does it matter what you think?? You weren't even there
    Haha, good man Tom. I don't have to be there to think that wanting McGee out is OTT. And if I was there I wouldn't have been dishing out abuse and acting like a loon. Oh and you should have said that to me too when you were texting me the other night, rather than digging here. I have a business to run on Saturdays so have other things to be doing with my time

Felt the need to cry to you in Dublin but hadn't the guts to confront the "mystery fan" at the time
    That's gas. So players are supposed to be 'big enough' to take criticism and not react one minute, but now to suit your arguement they should be confronting fans! Oh and the 'mystery fan' is you, you were 'outed' at the meeting Thursday night by those who were present in Kilkenny.

You're all more than welcome to your little cowards club
    Grow up Tom, if you were out of order, you were out of order and just accept it and move on.

Just to get a few points straight here. The player I spoke to was expressing his own personal opinion, he wasn't speaking for the whole squad. So it's quite possible that other players have no problem with what went on, although I seriously doubt it. I think there's a bit of PR work being done by a few supporters here over what happened...

I'd also like to ask, what was the idea behind taking down the flags after Limerick went 2-0 down? What kind of support is that? Did the people who decided to take down the flags represent the opinions of the whole Limerick contingent there? Doubt it "You're not fit to wear the shirt" - what's that about? And regarding what you said to McGee Tom, well based on the vitriol of the first post in this thread, to be honest I'm finding it hard to believe that that's all you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Battery Rover View Post
    Supressing the feelings of members of the supporters club does not work and any person trying to do this through censorship should just give up supporting soccer.
    Where has anyone said on this thread that the Supporters Club is trying to suppress the feelings of members?
    Last edited by 4tothefloor; 18/08/2007 at 7:10 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    I think as far as promotion goes, we've blown it anyway so we may as well plod on til seasons end .....
    7 points off a playoff spot, with a game in hand, and over 1/4 season still to go, plenty to play for. The odds are against us but its within the bounds of possibilty. If they put everything into it and still finish fourth I've no complaints, but I cant accept a just plodding along type approach.

I hope thats not the vibe you were getting from the player you spoke to
    Last edited by KevB76; 18/08/2007 at 7:10 PM.
    LTID

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevB76 View Post
    7 points off a playoff spot, with a game in hand, and over 1/4 season still to go, plenty to play for. The odds are against us but its within the bounds of possibilty. If they put everything into it and still finish fourth I've no complaints, but I cant accept a just plodding along type approach.

I hope thats not the vibe you were getting from the player you spoke to
    I think 4th and a good run in the cup is more than acceptable for our first season, it's a pretty good season considering.

For what it's worth, I don't think the current squad is good enough to get out of this division. I think more than a few of our players a over-rated by our own fans. I didn't think the squad was good enough under O'Connor and I don't see much improvement really. Put John Gill in charge and they still wouldn't be good enough.

The core of the team has been together now long enough, yet they're achieving nothing. That tells a story. Unfortunately we do not have the money to bring in better players so we'll just have to battle on with what we've got, but I just don't get the expectancy from some fans that we should be going up, because I just don't see where they're coming from.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Where has anyone said on this thread that the Supporters Club is trying to suppress the feelings of members?
    I meant that in response to where you said there is a bit of PR work to be done after Kilkenny. Does that mean everytime someone calls for McGee out or your not fit to wear the shirt then there will be an apology?

No one can make rules as to what people chant unless it breaks ground regulations and from what I have read on here they haven't so there shouldn't be a PR issue

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    ... I just don't get the expectancy from some fans that we should be going up.....

To clarify my comment, I dont expect promotion, I expect that the players to do as well as they can, not plod along becasue they think its over already.

All my expectations have been surpassed already, which is why I'm not into all of this McGee out and getting on the players backs, but we are in touching distance of a playoff spot so I cant fathom where this plod along/seasons over attitude is coming from.
    LTID

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    you were 'outed' at the meeting Thursday night by those who were present in Kilkenny.
    By who? and to who? I was there and didnt hear his name mentioned, and why the need to be 'outed'? whatever of your opinion of what hes supposed to have done he hasent denied or tried to keep any of his 'actions' secret, now if the rumours of him skinning kittens and selling smack to the Kilkenny kids are true surely everyone from fans, players and officials will have already seen this and told 10 friends by now.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast