Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: McGee Out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post
    From what I gather he was rather sarky with a group of fans during and after the Kilkenny game on Saturday night. They were questioning his ability and tactical nous, he got peeved....
    Calls for McGee out is well OTT as far as I'm concerned. Abusing the players and manager with vitriol and personal abuse is not on either. How did they expect McGee to react? I'm told the abuse was so bad that a few fans can count themselves lucky that McGee didn't knock their block off. The players were not one bit impressed with what went on. I spoke to one player in Dublin at the weekend and he was disgusted with the carry on of some fans in Kilkenny. That sort of s**t is not on. These guys are not highly paid professionals, they're just ordinary guys who do not deserve that sort of abuse and I include McGee in that. Die hards or not, it's not an excuse to be out of order

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor View Post
    I'm told the abuse was so bad that a few fans can count themselves lucky that McGee didn't knock their block off.
    Jesus was it that bad.Would love to see the reaction on here then. Still, football is a harsh world you have to expect that, bet what they said is nothing that hasnt being said at other grounds before, and LTID is a big lad would fancy him to come out on top.
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Calls for McGee out is well OTT as far as I'm concerned. Abusing the players and manager with vitriol and personal abuse is not on either. How did they expect McGee to react? I'm told the abuse was so bad that a few fans can count themselves lucky that McGee didn't knock their block off. The players were not one bit impressed with what went on. I spoke to one player in Dublin at the weekend and he was disgusted with the carry on of some fans in Kilkenny. That sort of s**t is not on. These guys are not highly paid professionals, they're just ordinary guys who do not deserve that sort of abuse and I include McGee in that. Die hards or not, it's not an excuse to be out of order
    Quite a turn around from you, or does this sentiment for managers feelings apply to Ski only. You were always pretty vitriolic and heavy handed with your own criticisms of O'Connor on this site. He too was one of those ordinary guys who do not deserve that sort of abuseas well, was he not? And I can never remember him reacting like that gowl did in Kilkenny on Friday nite. And before you get all high and mighty saying your criticisms of O'Connor were constructive, I suggest you read back over some of your earlier posts while he was in charge.

Ski deserves nothing but what he gets. He plays for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well said, 100% agree.
    Limerick 3:7
    "Marvel not that I said unto thee, ye must be born again"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thelimerick View Post
    Well said, 100% agree.
    Well you would, wouldn't you....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PinBallWizard View Post
    Well you would, wouldn't you....
    Your posts here are fairly ridiculous at best so I count myself quite lucky not to share the same twisted opinion as you. You'd do well to get your "facts" straight mate.
    Limerick 3:7
    "Marvel not that I said unto thee, ye must be born again"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    ski is the right man for the job

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by see's it View Post
    ski is the right man for the job
    well the current Leo the Lion said he cant have it!
    you gowl!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial Vapor View Post
    I know it's the fans right to have a go at him if they want, but vocally questioning his management straight after a game is a bit much. The "fans" having a go at him are probably best described as "hurlers on the ditch".

Why shouldn't they be able to do it. Criticism is part and parcel of the game and if a person becomes a manager they should be able to take it.

These "hurlers on the ditch" remember will be there when things go belly up and the sunshiners dissapear when there is nothing to play for.

In my opinion from what I saw of him during the recent match against us he is a fool who acts the hard guy and plays up to supporters to cover his other deficiancies

Some of the people defending him might want to look at this and see what happens if someone oversteps his mark and alienates the hardcore. Picture was taken at our recent away game against $hels.

Follow Us on Facebook and Twitter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Battery Rover View Post
    Why shouldn't they be able to do it. Criticism is part and parcel of the game and if a person becomes a manager they should be able to take it.

These "hurlers on the ditch" remember will be there when things go belly up and the sunshiners dissapear when there is nothing to play for.

In my opinion from what I saw of him during the recent match against us he is a fool who acts the hard guy and plays up to supporters to cover his other deficiancies.
    Agree with everything you said, he also got sent off against us too. Muppet. You pay your money your entitled to a rant.

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Paul McGee would do well to cut out the preening and dramatics pitchside and aim to get through 90 minutes without some form of needless incident. If the man's well of tactical and management nous was even half the size of his ego he would be managing on a far grander scale than this one. If people are overly critical that doesn't mean that he has to lower himself to responding surely? Even Danny Drew managed to bahave himself on the sideline.

We're no different to anybody else, we have people who routinely slaughter players for no reason whatsoever. I personally think that one in particular is a complete embarrasment whose constant criticism of good players should they misplace one pass is only tolerated because of his 'enthusiasm'. But if Paul McGee can't bring himself to ignore that and focus on matters on the pitch he's really in the wrong business.

Tbh I can't see McGee sticking around in the long term anyway and regardless I wouldn't be losing much sleep over his latest histronics. He may be turning into a horrible ambassador for the club but I'd be more concerned at the failure of any of the players he's introduced to senior football in the city to make any kind of credible, lasting impression (Nigel Keady and Padraig Moran being the only exceptions that come to mind) and seeing if he can actually turn around the current slump in form.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Agreed!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    yer all mad!!!

it wasnt long ago ye were all hailing his heroics in assembling a squad in a matter of weeks before the start of the season, l37 are punchin above their weight since the season started, be realistic like ye all just wanted a senior team in the league at the start of the season and now half way through yer stil in with a realistic chance of makin 3rd place...

ye should bring back o connor and see how ye get on then!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PinBallWizard View Post
    Quite a turn around from you, or does this sentiment for managers feelings apply to Ski only. You were always pretty vitriolic and heavy handed with your own criticisms of O'Connor on this site. He too was one of those ordinary guys who do not deserve that sort of abuseas well, was he not? And I can never remember him reacting like that gowl did in Kilkenny on Friday nite. And before you get all high and mighty saying your criticisms of O'Connor were constructive, I suggest you read back over some of your earlier posts while he was in charge.

Ski deserves nothing but what he gets. He plays for it.
    Aside from making a joke about Noel being a butcher, which he is and was in every sense of the word, my criticism of O'Connor was always football related and with reference to his s**t tactics and complete lack of man management skills. I did not get involved in personal abuse of O'Connor. I also think you need to look up the meaning of the word vitriol in the dictionary. Like with everything else, you think you know the meaning of it, but you actually don't really know it at all And never once at a game have I abused, either personally or football related, any manager or player from my own club, and that includes the likes of Jamie Nolan and Noel O'Connor.

Off with you now to search the archives of foot, you sad act

Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    You pay your money your entitled to a rant.
    You pay your money to personally abuse someone, yea? You do in your fcuk. Constructive criticism yea, personal abuse, no.

Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    If people are overly critical that doesn't mean that he has to lower himself to responding surely?
    The fans shouldn't be lowering themselves to that level in the first place. And I think 'overly critical' is being a tad kind in this instance

Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    We're no different to anybody else, we have people who routinely slaughter players for no reason whatsoever. I personally think that one in particular is a complete embarrasment whose constant criticism of good players should they misplace one pass is only tolerated because of his 'enthusiasm'. But if Paul McGee can't bring himself to ignore that and focus on matters on the pitch he's really in the wrong business.
    Maybe Paul McGee should be man enough to take it, but does that justify OTT and out of order personal abuse? No it does not. One fan in particular was identified by the player I spoke with and he was livid over it. He told me his name and knew who he was. So I doubt the players will have much time for this particular fan from now on. There were also a few players he said that were genuinely upset both at half time and after the game with what went on. As a member of the SC committee, we now have a problem on our hands whereby the SC has a bad name with the players as they are aware that it was an official SC bus that travelled to the Kilkenny game. That's something that we are now going to have to put right. That s**t is not on. I don't care what anyone says about being entitled to a rant. Rant away but be constructive. Give personal abuse - expect to get it back, and I for one do not blame Paul McGee one bit. It's gas, fans think they can personally abuse a manager just cos they pay a tenner entrance fee. And on the occasion that a manager should respond, shock horror, the toys are thrown out of the pram and all of a sudden the abuser is the poor victim

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    I wasent there! am i still in their good books? acually i dont care, still support them though, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah **** whinge moan blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah ski out! blah blah blah blah blah blah noel o conner blah blah blah ger finnin blah blah blah blah blah share packs blah blah blah blah blah markets field blah blah have these people no lives? blah blah blah that fellas such a muppet, watch me bully him on the internet blah blah blah blah feckin lightweights blah blah blah waddia mean E7 for a burger blah blah blah stop making noise with that drum blah blah blah blah blah blah pat grace blah blah blah blah blah blah wouldnt go up and watch that lot but il sit here and go blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

oops sorry, been on a night out with Irvine Welsh and fell into a bit of a 'state' there for a few minutes, sorry!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    You pay your money to personally abuse someone, yea? You do in your fcuk. Constructive criticism yea, personal abuse, no.
    You know what i mean, its all part and parcel of the game, McGee asks for players to break opponents legs, in my opinion thats worse thatn fans shouting at the manager.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Maybe Paul McGee should be man enough to take it, but does that justify OTT and out of order personal abuse? No it does not. :
    OTTand personal abuse is part and parcel of the game. Always has been, always will be.

Give personal abuse - expect to get it back, and I for one do not blame Paul McGee one bit. It's gas, fans think they can personally abuse a manager just cos they pay a tenner entrance fee. And on the occasion that a manager should respond, shock horror, the toys are thrown out of the pram and all of a sudden the abuser is the poor victim
    Can't agree with you there I'm afraid. Thats where a manager should be able to show his professionalism and turn a blind eye to it all. Over the years I've seen NoelO'Connor, Tommy Lynch, Noel King and Dave Connell put up with some pretty savage personal abuse, but never ever re-act.

Roddy Collins, possibly the most despised man in EL history never re-acted to some of the most chronic abuse and always just smirked and walked away. Big Damo had a running battle with Dermot Keely for many years which wasn't the prettiest at times, yet Keely always just laughed it off afterwards.

McGee needs to cop on. Big time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post
    OTTand personal abuse is part and parcel of the game. Always has been, always will be.

Can't agree with you there I'm afraid. Thats where a manager should be able to show his professionalism and turn a blind eye to it all. Over the years I've seen NoelO'Connor, Tommy Lynch, Noel King and Dave Connell put up with some pretty savage personal abuse, but never ever re-act.

Roddy Collins, possibly the most despised man in EL history never re-acted to some of the most chronic abuse and always just smirked and walked away. Big Damo had a running battle with Dermot Keely for many years which wasn't the prettiest at times, yet Keely always just laughed it off afterwards.

McGee needs to cop on. Big time.
    Agree totally, Pat Dolan used get very personal abuse too, by god he took it the right way. little snigger, take the **** out of himself too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Constructive criticism yea, personal abuse, no.
    Don't agree with personal abuse at matches full stop but McGee apparently is well able to do that on occasions from what I hear.

Was there a recent match where he did this to his own players

From what I read on here they still respect him but the reason behind that might be that they are getting away with things in training that another manager might crack down on like when Mickey O'Connor was with Athlone (not having to train more than once a week etc)

Follow Us on Facebook and Twitter

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Cool

Don't agree with personal abuse at matches full stop but McGee apparently is well able to do that on occasions from what I hear.

Was there a recent match where he did this to his own players

From what I read on here they still respect him but the reason behind that might be that they are getting away with things in training that another manager might crack down on like when Mickey O'Connor was with Athlone (not having to train more than once a week etc)
    great post and very true.disappointed at what i witnessed sat,it brought shame on our club.yes,the abuse was ott but skee should have rose above it,as referenced already managers like noc took some savage abuse but always acted in a professional manner and that is the key....skee is not professional,earlier in the season i said things on and off the pitch would catch up on our then very ....popular manager....because even though results were good behind the scenes things were,n been carried out in a professional manner,when results turn these things come to the surface....skee as sadloserkid has said is a lucky manager,but that only goes so far.players respect is always suspect,but they will take a lead from how the manager conducts himself both in terms of how pofessional and disciplined he is and that means on matchday,training,and off the pitch.......and if respect means the sight of two players er....being socially active..... fri night before the debacle sat night is anythin to go by then god only knows what else is going on.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast