Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Croatia

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Croatia

I know it is a bit early, but is there a news about the squad for the Croatia game in Lansdowne Road on the 15th?
    Will McCarthy play Morrison and Reid for their 1st international caps?
    I like the look of young Reid, he played well in the away U21 game in Estonia.

I am still a bit dubious of Morrison motives in declaring for us, all said and done, he is now on board, whether we like it or not.
    He did get some stick out in Estonia, (Racist, which is out of order) but fair play to the rest of the U21 squad, they stuck by him. There is a very good team spirit with U21 squad.

Damian Byrne
    [COLOR=green]Treasuer, [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=green]Republic Of Ireland Soccer Supporters Club (RISSC London)[/COLOR]

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Question Reid?

Whose he? another mercenary?
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Im not sure but i think reid is irish . GLen Crowe should definetly be in the squad hes on a goal a game since the Portugal game

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Crowe

Ya
    But Glen Growe, plays in EL and even though I am a mad Sligo Rovers fan and advocate of League of Ireland, and would perfer that Irish fans would attend EL games instead of coming this poxy country, sadly he needs to play in the Premership (either one, English or Scottish) to really show his talent as a goal scorer.
    But to say he has scored in every game since the Portugal game, you have to state that some of those goals came against "weak" European teams, Levadia Maardu (Estonia) and Halmsted (Sweden), not great European powers, and preseason friendlies against EL teams. Sorry, but we have to put out the strongest possible team available if we want to beat the "Cloggies" and IMHO I don't think Crowe has reached that standard yet.
    I sincerely hope he does make it because he is still young and he has got time on his side.
    Goan the Western Rovers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    yea sure but if u take quinn keane morrison connoly and foley out of da equation who else is there?

not only the western rovers but the real SRFC!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Skippy

Forget Crowe! i've been waiting 15 years for skippy get called up!

That said i've been critical of Crowe last season but he been very good in the Bohs CL games this season. Halmstads had 4 current swedish internationals & a couple of older ones. They won the swedish league which isn't far behind the standard of the scottish league (check the rankings) & were a lot fitter due being in the middle of their season. The Halmstads manager said Crowe almost always hits the target & i'd have to agree with him there.

Crowes not ready for the Portugals & Hollands of this world yet but Mick McCarthy showed his ignorance by not calling him up to play Cyprus & Andorra in April.

Clearly Quinn & Keane are the first choice but whose below them? Connolly was in the irisg squad while playing in the dutch 2nd division which has been said to be below eL standard & Doherty is a handy up & coming defender ain't a forward no matter how you dress him up.

Crowe should get a call up to the Croatia friendly & possibly come off the bench depending on our resources.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Crowe & Croatia

Ya,
    I agree with you on that case Rebel, Crowe should be given a run out against Croatia, even only if as a Sub.
    If McCarthy can give the likes of Paul Butler (he of the married to an Irish woman, hasn't a hope of ever playing for the Tans or any other National team in these Islands, except maybe the Billy Boys) should give Glen Growe an outing against Croatia.

GOAN, MICK GIVE THE LAD A SHOT.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Yeah,

it would give the national league some publicity!

although i contend if he banged in a double, the following week, he'll be lining out for Fulham!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Why not give Glen Crowe a chance though, its only a friendly, how many natural goalscorers have we in the squad? None!!! Its worth a shot at least....

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    While agree he should be given a chance, this isn't only a friendly. Friendlies count for our world ranking, which impact on what teams we get in the qualifiers for major championships, so have to be taken seriously.
    He should at least make the bench though......
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Well... yeah, but he brought Babb back into the squad... what was that all about?

i thought Babb had retired from football and was working as a butcher in Phibsboro.