Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Sally Morgan "Star Psychic"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Sally Morgan "Star Psychic"

Has anybody watched this the last couple of weeks?The bits with celebrities are cringing when she tells people with average talent about how successful they are going to be.Then they are other bits where she talks to members of the public about serious stuff which has included rape, abuse,and suicide of family members.The programme makers then set up "tests" which she always passes with flying colours.I have always been intrigued by the paranormal etc but I am highly sceptical as there always seems to be money invovled.Given some of the issues discussed It is totally out of order if this whole thing is a set up and so many people in on it.We all know there is con artists out there
    but what do youse reckon can some people do this stuff?.....and why are'nt they always in the bookies?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheifo View Post
    what do youse reckon can some people do this stuff?
    No.

and why are'nt they always in the bookies?
    ...because they couldn't predict a sh1te smell if they stood in the stuff.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    ...but what do youse reckon can some people do this stuff?.....and why are'nt they always in the bookies?
    I'm reading Derran Brown's Trick of the Mind at the moment, where he describes some of the basic techniques for things like this, hypnotism and other magic acts. He's pretty critical of the charlatans who claim it's really some magical power they have, recommends a few books which debunk people like that. (I recommend the book BTW - good read)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    and why are'nt they always in the bookies?
    always think that.. theres a white witch in cobh that goes on the radio that predicted maddy would found bout 90 days ago. also said during the world cup if we rub the side of our tele during the game ireland would beat spain!

Ever see the episode of Derren brown were he made the girl working at a dog track pay out on a losing dog by puttin the thought in her head, she was lost didint know how she took it. Class. Derren Brown definitly the best.
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    I do believe. Surprise surprise!

The reason they aren't in the bookies etc is coz it is unethical & no good would come of your winnings.

I went to see a blind lady who is psychic some years ago. It was many years after an ex boyfriend of mine had killed himself & I had always carried the feeling that if I had stayed better friends with him I may have helped him through his problems & he may not have died. She described him to a tee and then totally shocked me by telling me he was handing her a yellow chewing gum. He always always ate (and shared with me) Juicy Fruits. She put my mind at ease and told me that he said there was nothing I could have done to stop him dying.

She also said my Grandad was going on about how I should be blonde. I had always joked that as the only brunette in the family I was the dumbest & should have been blonde.

Another psychic I was friendly with did a reading for me. She said that my ex hubby's uncle had just "put his head in round the door to say hello". She told me his name & said how he had died. I thought she was full of s**t. Asked my ex a week later & he said that this uncle had died the month b4 but he hadnt bothered tellin me.

I read angel cards & sometimes the flashes of intuition that you get seem like someone is whispering in your ear.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I actually do believe in this kind of super natural stuff i like it but i also think that if you could actually talk to the dead to "help" people with there grief etc you would do so for free and not charge for readings and definetly not sell tickets to a show .

I saw derren brown do it and it was scary he told people there dogs name and colour, people who had died belonging to them described them really well and it was all a hoaks, he did it to prove the technique .its called cold reading .

here is a different tiny 1 min clip but shows you how good he is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7XIf-z1J4w

I like watching that most hauted show and the fella going on all the time about there is a spirit call mary who is 40 then on screen it says no record of any mary or 40 year old that died ever found !! in places that have loads of goast , Think he was on darcy one day and darcy wanted him to do a reading for anyone in the room and he couldnt said they were'nt open to it ( ie not dumb enough to fall for it )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Thanks for that Magicme.I was hoping somebody would say something interesting.
    Anybody remember that Irish lady that appeared on The Late Late show a few years back.She helped the police in England solve a murder case.There
    was a senior ranking officer who was adamant she was 100% genuine.
    Having said that I feel sorry for the people who are hooked on phoning
    dodgy psychic lines like the Irish one which got into trouble a couple of years back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    God any of those money rackets are a disgrace but I do think Psychics have the right to charge, for some it is their only source of income. That said anyone charging exhorbitant rates is to be avoided.

I got some great comfort from visiting the Sharon O'Neill (blind lady) as had been carrying the guilt of letting my mate down for some years. Even if everything else she said was bull, I came from that a different person & ready to let Stephen go.

Another experience I had was with Fergus Gibson some years ago. My grandmother had just died and I had left my husband a few months before. We hadnt told my granny bout my marriage breakdown as she didnt need to know. Fergus told me that my granny had recently passed on and that she thought I was right to have gotten out of my marriage, that this guy was bringing me down & even though it would be tough, it was the best thing to do.

Again this left me feelin happier and gave me strenght. Worth every penny.

Sometimes psychic's etc are cheaper than counselling & can give you more hope than seeing a psychiatrist. An angel card reader (one who told me bout my ex hubby's uncle) gave my brother the courage to follow his dj dream & he is now in England studying production havin just completed an advanced dj course. Before this he had no confidence in his own talents.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    was chatting to this girl at the weekend, and i thought she was a bit of a fairy, but good craic. anyhow she started talking about the stars and all that stuff, and i told her i dont beleive in any of it, yet she was able to tell me some very strange stuff - that was correct. I had only met her that night and hadnt really talked to her until that point.

i remember i was sorta seeing this girl before from newcastle and she went to some well known fella in dublin, anyhow she was saying some of the stuff this one was saying about ex boyfriends and stuff was spot on and some really intimate stuff etc. She also said, that there is someone in your life now but its not going to last, the fecker was right
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    was chatting to this girl at the weekend,
    Ya, your coddin no-one
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Reminds me of the notice that appeared in an evening newspaper a few years back:

"Due to unforeseen circumstances, Super Psychic's column will not appear today".

I was at Paul Golding's hypnotism show at the Olympia years ago.

At the end of the show, he hypnotised some people into believing they had a Leprechaun in the palm of their hand.

He told them that for the next half hour they would have a Leprechaun in the palm of their hand and they were to look after him.

One bloke brought the Leprechaun to McDonalds, sat it in the baby chair and bought it a Happy Meal!
    Quoting years at random since 1975

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Very good Wolfie

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post
    God any of those money rackets are a disgrace but I do think Psychics have the right to charge, for some it is their only source of income. That said anyone charging exhorbitant rates is to be avoided.

I got some great comfort from visiting the Sharon O'Neill (blind lady) as had been carrying the guilt of letting my mate down for some years. Even if everything else she said was bull, I came from that a different person & ready to let Stephen go.

Another experience I had was with Fergus Gibson some years ago. My grandmother had just died and I had left my husband a few months before. We hadnt told my granny bout my marriage breakdown as she didnt need to know. Fergus told me that my granny had recently passed on and that she thought I was right to have gotten out of my marriage, that this guy was bringing me down & even though it would be tough, it was the best thing to do.

Again this left me feelin happier and gave me strenght. Worth every penny.

Sometimes psychic's etc are cheaper than counselling & can give you more hope than seeing a psychiatrist. An angel card reader (one who told me bout my ex hubby's uncle) gave my brother the courage to follow his dj dream & he is now in England studying production havin just completed an advanced dj course. Before this he had no confidence in his own talents.
    its a combination of suggestive speaking and your willingness to believe it that makes you think "oh my god they are so right" .

Did you watch the clip i posted above where derren brown tells a randon girl that her grandma had just passed discribed her glasses etc and told her her name Laura !!

They are all bull while its not against the law to take money from gulible people it is wrong i really hate all these people giving people false hope .there are people that let these Psychic's run there life, they go to them weekly for readings.

your friend killed him self this woman knew this so it follows that you would carry guilt everyone that losses someone to suicide does ( what could i have done to help etc ) . I could have told you that it wasnt your fault and i wouldnt have charged you .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    I don't generally believe in that sort of stuff, but a friend's mother is apparanatly psychic, doesn't do it for money, and will only do so for people she knows. She doesn't tell them anything about their past (I'd imagine since she knows them it wouldn't be any great surprise)but apparantly has a pretty high hit rate on their futures. Still I was sceptical though, I normally think we can shape the outcome of our lives to the predictions of pyschics if we want, so I was challenged to go to a random, respected psychic and did.

All I can say is that that woman knew far too much about my past, including my father's death and another serious incident that I don't want to mention here, knew things about my girlfriend and did her usual predictions about my future. The stuff she said about my past has made me think twice about the validity of some of these people though, although I'm still sure the majority are money scamming ****bags.I'd say I still don't believe they can, but I'm not as sure as I once was

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    She also said, that there is someone in your life now but its not going to last, the fecker was right
    What, did you lose a hand...?
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    ya and her name was pamela......
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    New two part programme on Channel 4 at 8pm tonight (mon 13th) called 'The Enemies of Reason' which deals with some of the issues raised here. My crystal ball predicts a cracker.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Have it set to record on sky+