Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Poll

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

FAI Poll

I've been hearing on the radio and in last nights herald that the FAI have some sort of poll going at the moment to name the greatest Irish players, but Roy Keane isn't in it, but Mark Kennedy and Gary Breen are.

Surely this is a whole load of bull crap?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    it's not a poll, it's a page on their site: http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=c...d=36&Itemid=51
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Someone on here noticed that Roy Keane wasn't in the list of Irish legends on the FAI website. The Star had an article about it yesterday quoting a couple of posts on here. The FAI said the original FAI site had a list of Irish legends on it. All were retired, Keane was still playing at the time. They said that after that they would get nominations from people to add a player to the list. If they got enough nominations they'd add that player.

Just to show they weren't biased against Keane they also said "note that Steven Staunton isn't there".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I am sure Keane should be very near the top of the list for people who have walked out on their country .......................

Never forget that .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Claret Murph View Post
    I am sure Keane should be very near the top of the list for people who have walked out on their country .......................

Never forget that .
    fair play claret , there i was having forgotten the whole sad, sorry, sordid, drawn out , over exposed , over cooked affair and you were good enough to mention it unlike so many other who chose to keep quiet on the matter over the last 5 years. I'll never forget that....
    Was he crazy!! Yeah , in a very special way , an Irishman.
    I slept, and dreamed that life was Beauty;
    I woke, and found that life was Duty.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    I believe I am responsible for getting this in the news

Quote Originally Posted by ofjames View Post
    (FROM THE GREATEST IRISH PLAYER THREAD) im only 21 so i didnt have the chance to see brady, giles etc. in their pomp. mcgrath was heroic, but there's no doubt in my mind that it's keane. he is my absolute hero

also, on a related topic. keane is not included in the FAI's selction of 'irish football greats' on their website. Typical of the cuunnts!!!!! they have mark kennedy in there but not roy keane! ridiculous
    Im amazing!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Never forget that .
    Would he make the list of MEN that single handedly pulled a poor side kicking and screaming into a world cup, with argueably the worst manager at the world cup....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Never forget that .
    Keano greatest player to play for ireland...this is typical of the shambles he stood up against how petty can they get...FAI are sad foockin muppets..Mick McCarthy!! HA
    'How can I hate women, my Mums one!!!' Chris Finch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    whats the email address..
    'How can I hate women, my Mums one!!!' Chris Finch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Good to see the greatest central half in the world 'King' Charlie Hurley made it & Gary Breen?!! Did Robbie Keane not make it either? Love him or hate, Roy Keane should have been there. He was one of the greatest players ever to play for us regardless of what he done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    Someone on here noticed that Roy Keane wasn't in the list of Irish legends on the FAI website. The Star had an article about it yesterday quoting a couple of posts on here. The FAI said the original FAI site had a list of Irish legends on it. All were retired, Keane was still playing at the time. They said that after that they would get nominations from people to add a player to the list. If they got enough nominations they'd add that player.

Just to show they weren't biased against Keane they also said "note that Steven Staunton isn't there".
    The Star read foot.ie!!?

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    778 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shanman2 View Post
    Would he make the list of MEN that single handedly pulled a poor side kicking and screaming into a world cup, with argueably the worst manager at the world cup....

Yawn. I think Shay Given played an important part as well as did many other players, including Jason who scored that unforgettable goal against the Dutch.

Also on what do you base your argument about one of the "worst managers" at the World Cup? We got to the last 16 without Keane and were a penalty shoot out away from the last 8. Mick also got us to within a whisker of qualifying for other tournaments, got Sunderland promoted (no money to spend when they got there) and is doing reasonably well with Wolves.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    do you know what this forum is really lacking these days? A good Keane/McCarthy debate....carry on!
    "Well I think they'll be a little disappointed with that" - Matt Holland on TV3 after 5-2 drubbing by Cyprus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ogba View Post
    do you know what this forum is really lacking these days? A good Keane/McCarthy debate....carry on!
    Sorry I am one of these middle aged men who will never forget what Keane did . I have said for years on the whole if you are from Cork or a Man Utd fan you are in the Keane camp and most of the rest of us are not .
    I would have given both my arms for a chance of turning out for my country and now I have to make do with just watching .
    On that day in Saipan millions saw him walk out for all the Irish here in Ireland and around the world it was a lowest of the low . After all these years I am still fired up thinking of what might have been with him in the team .

Still I had my chance to put things right last Wedensday at Galway only to be stopped by the stwards that said they would not let me bring am Usi and a rocket lancher into the ground maybe they had a point errrrrr but then again ...........

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Foot and mouth strikes footie again.
    Somebody put this thread out of its misery.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Lads whats the craic with Keane and Saipan? Never heard of it before? Some sort of aggro with the manager?
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    traitor or hero, he's was still way better than kennedy, holland or breen....get a grip lads

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    711 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Lads whats the craic with Keane and Saipan? Never heard of it before? Some sort of aggro with the manager?
    Dunno. I keep hearing two versions. In one, a poor, tortured man was made slave around some Japanese island with inadequate equipment. I heard Letters from Iwo Jima is based on his story. The other suggests that he sold orphan's organs into sex slavery on the Late Late Show. Who knows what to believe?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    Yawn. I think Shay Given played an important part as well as did many other players, including Jason who scored that unforgettable goal against the Dutch.

Also on what do you base your argument about one of the "worst managers" at the World Cup? We got to the last 16 without Keane and were a penalty shoot out away from the last 8. Mick also got us to within a whisker of qualifying for other tournaments, got Sunderland promoted (no money to spend when they got there) and is doing reasonably well with Wolves.
    Do you remember how Roy was taking pain killing injections in the lead up to the game for his hip injury? Do you remember how he set that tempo good and early with his tackle on Overmars do. Do you remember the tackle he made to win possesion leading up to THAT goal. Correct me if Im wrong but surely he would have just walked around for a bit and cried off after half an hour if he didnt care. Ya though group alright with Cameroon, Saudi Arabia, Germany were always going to win the group.
    Last edited by shanman2; 09/08/2007 at 3:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ogba View Post
    By God its been a while....and on a slow thursday and all........so here we go...

Macarthy has one of the worst records in premiership if not the worst, no?
    getting a load of young lads who owe their careers to you to play out of their skins will only get you so far and after that you need something a bit more.....altho having said that this will be the season we see if Keane has anything else in his managerial box of tricks. Cant beleive people are still pushing the "shay got us to Japorea" line. watch the matches again.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast