Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: NFL On Sky tonight

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

NFL On Sky tonight

The Pittsburgh Steelers take on the New Orleans Saits at Heinz Field in the season opening hall of fame match.

12:30 AM tonight on Sky Sports 2.........

Roll on Sept 6 for the proper kick off
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts
    Better if it was in HD

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    by 12:30 with the rate of beer intake i don't think i'd notice HD
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    just been onothe sky site and they have 6 pre season games in aug.........sweet !!!!

Monday night football as well....

Here is the text from sky

Sky Sports will screen the season-opening 'Hall of Fame' match between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the New Orleans Saints on 5th August, beginning a record-breaking season of NFL programming.

The schedule includes for the first time six pre-season matches, 'Monday Night Football' each week, an additional game every Sunday night, plus coverage of the historic Miami Dolphins clash with the New York Giants at Wembley Stadium on 28th October.

The unprecedented coverage for the 2007-2008 NFL season on Sky Sports comprises:

*Pre-season: For the first time, six live pre-season games during August

*Sunday: Live Sunday evening 'triple-headers' throughout the regular season

*Monday: For the first time on Sky, 'Monday Night Football' live each week

*Interactive: Two extra live Sunday night regular season games via the red button

*Playoffs: Every game exclusively live from the post-season

*Super Bowl: Live coverage of the big game from Arizona on 3rd February 2008

*Extra matches: Pro Bowl, Thanksgiving Day, Thursday and Saturday night matches live

*Support: Including 'NFL Total Access' show six nights a week, a weekly highlights show, Sky season preview plus 'America's Game' Super Bowl series

Coverage will be presented by Kevin Cadle and Nick Halling, who will be joined by a host of studio guests throughout the season.

Karl Baumann, Sky Sports' producer for American Football, said: "With a record number of live games on Sky, plus the historic clash between the Dolphins and Giants at Wembley, there's never been a better time to be an NFL fan in the UK and Ireland."

Our coverage begins with the six games from the NFL pre-season as teams make final preparations for the new season. The fixtures include the traditional Hall of Fame curtain-raiser between the Steelers and Saints, a Super Bowl re-match between the Indianapolis Colts and Chicago Bears and a chance to see early-Super Bowl favourites the New England Patriots against Carolina Panthers.

The regular season coverage begins with the annual NFL 'Kick-off' match between Super Bowl champions Indianapolis Colts and New Orleans Saints on Thursday 6th September.

Throughout the regular season a 'triple-header' of live games will be screened from 6pm with an additional two games available (6pm and 9pm) via the red button on the Sky digital remote. These games are part of Sky's enhanced coverage each Sunday, which will include rolling highlights and match stats plus live scores from around the league for those with Sky digital.

Monday Night Football, featuring the NFL's popular commentary duo of John Madden and Al Michaels, will make its debut on Sky Sports on Monday 10th September.

We will also show live coverage of the three 'Thanksgiving Day' matches in November, additional games scheduled on Thursday and Saturday nights plus the all-star Pro Bowl match in Hawaii one week after the Super Bowl.

Viewers will also be able to enjoy exclusively live coverage of every playoff match together with Super Bowl XLII, which this season will be played at the $450m University of Phoenix Stadium in Arizona on 3rd February 2008.

For those that wish to keep up to date on daily news, views and analysis, Sky will be screening extensive support programming including 'NFL Total Access' six nights a week, a weekly highlights show plus 'America's Game' Super Bowl documentary series.

NFL 2007-2008 Preseason exclusively live on Sky Sports

Sun Aug 5 - Pittsburgh Steelers vs New Orleans Saints - 12.30am

Fri Aug 10 - Atlanta Falcons vs New York Jets - 12.00am

Sat Aug 18 - San Diego Chargers vs St Louis Rams 1.00am

Mon Aug 20 - Chicago Bears vs Indianapolis Colts - 1.00am

Fri Aug 24 - New England Patriots vs Carolina Panthers - 1.00am

Fri Aug 31 - Indianapolis Colts vs Cincinnati Bengals - 12.30am

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Thinking of heading to the Giants Cowboys game in Giants Stadium in November. Am probably willing to spend up to a couple of hundred dollars to get a ticket.

Anyone have any inside lines on what ticket agencies/semi-official sources are good? Having lived in the US have lots of experience of attending every major sport bar the NFL, so am a bit clueless but know its generally the hardest sport to get tickets for.

Loathe to buy from a scalper before the game, more because of the uncertainty rather than any moral issues, but will pursue this if I need to.

Any advice?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Apparently, despite the ferocious waiting lists for Giants tickets, it's not too hard to lay hands on them on the day.

An Eagles fan who used to play with my team went to Giants stadium on the day last year and got tickets.
    Check out my new sports blog http://www.action81.com

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I went to a Patriots game when I was in Boston a couple of years back. Ticket had a face value of $35. I ended up paying $215 on eBay. Still, it was the opening day of the season after they had won the Superbowl so the pregame show had Rolling Stones, Green Day, Kanye West, Ozzy Osbourne and they were playing the Raiders who had just signed Randy Moss so I didn't mind spending the cash.
    The glass isn't half full or half empty it's just too damn big!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Stubhub is kind of like an official tout (in that they have agreements with several clubs as "resellers") so they're bound to be pretty secure. Haven't used them myself

http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-gian...vent_id=380451
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Thanks guys for the tips.

Changing my plans. Now thinking of making the trip up to Green Bay instead to see the Vikings play the Packers in the frozen tundra (or semi-frozen as it will be at that time of year).

Always been on my list of sporting events to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    Thanks guys for the tips.

Changing my plans. Now thinking of making the trip up to Green Bay instead to see the Vikings play the Packers in the frozen tundra (or semi-frozen as it will be at that time of year).

Always been on my list of sporting events to do.
    Good luck getting a ticket for that one. From what I understand, the Packers games have been sold out for the last tens years and for the next five! You got family in Green Bay?

Edit: Look at the price range for that game!!!!
    Link
    Last edited by strangeirish; 08/08/2007 at 1:34 PM.
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Green Bay? Crikey that's a cold place to go! Definately one game I would love to go to someday.

I think it's mental that a town of 100,000 population has a 73,000 seater stadium, sold out with season tickets with a waiting list of another 74,000 people! Literally the whole town support the team!
    The glass isn't half full or half empty it's just too damn big!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shedite View Post
    Green Bay? Crikey that's a cold place to go! Definately one game I would love to go to someday.

I think it's mental that a town of 100,000 population has a 73,000 seater stadium, sold out with season tickets with a waiting list of another 74,000 people! Literally the whole town support the team!
    Nothing else to do up there but shovel snow, drink beer and pack cheese.
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strangeirish View Post
    Good luck getting a ticket for that one. From what I understand, the Packers games have been sold out for the last tens years and for the next five! You got family in Green Bay?

Edit: Look at the price range for that game!!!!
    Link
    Bizarrely the prices are marginally less than the comparable Giants tickets. $250 will get you a decent seat, which given the exchange rate is just about bearable (as a comparison its approx 1/3 of a good seat at Barbara Streisand....). Hotel about $150 and a flight up and down from Chicago only adds 100euro onto my transatlantic ticket price.

Not sure what the temperature will be like in November but guess it will be around freezing.

Slightly different to my last football experience in the Swamp in Florida when it was 108 degrees for the first game of the season (no wonder they invented Gatorade).

I'll bring a coat anyway....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    Not sure what the temperature will be like in November but guess it will be around freezing.
    Slightly different to my last football experience in the Swamp in Florida when it was 108 degrees for the first game of the season (no wonder they invented Gatorade).

I'll bring a coat anyway....
    Monthly average for November is a high of 6 and a low of -3 degreeeeeees .
    I'd bring the thermals. I'll stick with my Jaguars, shorts, t-shirt and sneakers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    I hope its not too early for predictions! Here are mine for what its worth

AFC:
    North: Steelers South: Titans East: Patriots West: Chargers
    Wildcards: Colts, Dolphins

NFC:
    North: Bears, South: Panthers, East: Eagles, West: 49ers
    Wildcards: Saints, Cowboys

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

steelers looked good vrs NO.

they are my team and i was nicely surprised by their performance.i think they will take the division title but will lose the conference to the pats who will win the superbowl.btw,the pats are 4/1 to win the bowl,thats low but im still putting some on them.jets looked very good vrs falcons last night,clemens looks like he will have a good season and jones looks a good running back,i realise falcons were poor though,they are screwed if vick gets jail.
    any others with any predictions??
    PS:im changing back to sky digital from ntl just because of the red button games on sky digital which i missed having last season.