Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: St Pats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    Dunno how people can laugh, rivarly goes out the window when there representing the country, i was gutted for Pats bad result.
    I know this has been done to death but personally I laughed out loud when I heard this result. And judging by the amount of texts I got so did a lot of other Rovers fans.

I would fully expect Pats to feels the same way if the shoe was on the other foot. I sometimes think that only the Dublin clubs really get the concept of 'rivalry' in this League.

KOH
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers View Post
    I sometimes think that only the Dublin clubs really get the concept of 'rivalry' in this League.
    Bull****. Ask limerick, or if we were in corks league, the rivalry would be off the roof!!
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    We got slaughtered 5 makes it look somewhat good, we nearly had a shot.

Lol tho Shels and Sligo fans

Shels only chance of Europe in next 5 years is a league cup game away to Derry..

Sligo well the same really.

We all here on a technicality , chant of the night

kdjac

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    Well done Pat's! They shouldn't have been in Europe at all this season so fair play to them for not embarassing the league...
    Stupid post. your sligo .... get over yourselves. one full season back in the top flight and you go on like you would of done better ? OB would of bet anyteam in this league. and would of ran up a higher score against yourselves.look at your season against ours

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers View Post
    I know this has been done to death but personally I laughed out loud when I heard this result. And judging by the amount of texts I got so did a lot of other Rovers fans.

I would fully expect Pats to feels the same way if the shoe was on the other foot. I sometimes think that only the Dublin clubs really get the concept of 'rivalry' in this League.

KOH
    I agree i feel dirty for agreeing witha rovers fan but i agree. I texted a rovers mate last night with the score he sent 27 texts of AHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Should have expected it really.

kdjac

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    I want to see everyone other than Longford loose Never fully understood this getting behind yer rivals no matter what the competition. Co efficient this and that.
    Roddy Collins, the biggest <insert as appropiate> in Irish Football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    European trips are all about giving the fans a well earned break travelling away & representing your team abroad, in this case the pats fans had some fun in Denmark, whilst the rest of us (well us Rovers lot anyway) had an equally enjoyable time watching the scores come in via text!
    Well done Doc, funniest thing i've read in ages!!

Btw getting fond of the 5-0 defeats in europe, want to watch that for the future!!

Koh
    Thomas Davis have said they will be the last man standing, they were WRONG!!

SRFC will NEVER die!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DvB View Post
    Btw getting fond of the 5-0 defeats in europe, want to watch that for the future!!

Koh
    3 lads in our group have been to see pats in europe twice...... they banned from anymore.

kdjac

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Didn't see or hear the game (and fully expected Pat's to lose) but one can only surmise that Johnny Mac must have got his tactics badly wrong. Teams don't bother scoring more than three in Europe nowadays unless they're enjoying opening their opponents up at will.
    Problem was they didn't really open us up. Or at least they didn't have to.

Goals came from
    1) Their player handling it and our players stopping, with no whistle coming
    2) Corner to near post, free header
    3) Corner to near post free header
    4) Comical defending
    5) Decent finish after two players didn't tackle

They're the best team I've seen Pats play (and I've seen all our game in europe) and man for man they were better than us in every area. Always felt like they could score if they wanted to.

In other news, Odense rocks and every Danish girl is a cracker...
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DvB View Post

Koh

Ahem, 7-0 in Poland.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Ahem, 7-0 in Poland.
    eh, that was one game, hardly a pattern emerging now is there, pats on the other hand, have now lost 3, repeat 3!! seperate games 5-0, all in recent memory too, fnar fnar!!!

Koh
    Thomas Davis have said they will be the last man standing, they were WRONG!!

SRFC will NEVER die!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Look on the bright side, we've halved the aggregate score since Zimbru. If that's not progress I dunno what is.

No prob with fans of other teams slagging us, 5-0 hurts no matter who you're playing, be it League or UEFA and if happened anyone else I'd be slagging them too.

Don't even have a prob with idiot Sligo fans not understanding that we qualified for being Cup runners-up, not cos of our League position. No accounting for stupidity.

Depressing part is that we're one of the best teams in the LoI this year and we're light years behind a team with a decent record in Europe, if you count winning the Intertoto and going out of the UEFA at the group stage as being "decent". In terms of physique, speed and technical ability, Odense are on a different planet, not a single Pats player would make it into their squad.

They have 5000 season ticket holders, we have about 300.
    Their ground seats 15,000, ours seats 1800.
    They get €5m a year in sponsorship from Carlsberg, we get €300k from Paddy Power.
    Thomas Hellweg used to play for AC Milan, Michael Keane used to play for Rotherham.

Like was said, Europe is about getting p1ssed on foreign beer and drooling over foreign birds. Football-wise, it's a holiday from the League and something to aim for in the very long term - five to ten years minimum. Anyone who thinks we or any other team in the League is within an asses roar of bridging the gap before then is welcome to their delusions.
    Revenge for 2002

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Nightdub View Post
    Like was said, Europe is about getting p1ssed on foreign beer and drooling over foreign birds. Football-wise, it's a holiday from the League and something to aim for in the very long term - five to ten years minimum. Anyone who thinks we or any other team in the League is within an asses roar of bridging the gap before then is welcome to their delusions.
    its not supposed to be. a couple of season ago, both cork and shels were a tie away from the group stages of the UEFA cup, and neither team were embarressed 5-0 or anything near it.

that we've gone backwards does not mean we should not in the immediate term be trying to better that.
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    Membership Advisory Board
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinZac View Post
    its not supposed to be. a couple of season ago, both cork and shels were a tie away from the group stages of the UEFA cup, and neither team were embarressed 5-0 or anything near it.
    Cork were in their collective ********es one tie away from the UEFA cup group stages... By that ****ing logic we were only 2 ties away from it and Shels were one tie away from the CL too but then look what happened them.

A far superior Shels side lost 3-0 in Odense and a Pats side missing a few regulars lost 5-0, its not that big a difference
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Cork were in their collective ********es one tie away from the UEFA cup group stages... By that ****ing logic we were only 2 ties away from it and Shels were one tie away from the CL too but then look what happened them.
    if we'd beaten SLavia Prague, we'd have been int he UEFA group stages. Wasn't to be, ce sera. Losing 5-0 to anybody? no excuses. The time for that was 20 years ago.
    A far superior Shels side lost 3-0 in Odense and a Pats side missing a few regulars lost 5-0, its not that big a difference
    Defensive as usual but then that's pretty much St. Pat's thing, isnt it?

Do you think slaphead will go before the end of the season, or will they wait?
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    Membership Advisory Board
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Do you think slaphead will go before the end of the season, or will they wait?
    Next friday if we dont have 6 points from 2 games.

kdjac

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    if we'd beaten SLavia Prague, we'd have been int he UEFA group stages. Wasn't to be, ce sera. Losing 5-0 to anybody? no excuses. The time for that was 20 years ago.
    Apologies for the Prague thing. Forgot that.

And can't see where any Pats fan made any excuse for the result/score. All we've said is that the better team won and we gifted them goals. I saw the game, you didn't. I can say they definitely weren't 5 goals better. Believe what you wanna believe...
    ---

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234