Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Fund Raising.

  1. #1
    First Team L37Ultra's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Limerick
    Posts
    2,044
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Fund Raising.

    There has been a lot of rumours and negativity surrounding the clubs current financial state on this site recently. I think its about time we (including myself) turned this moaning into positive actions where by we help the club out. At the moment there is a strong Supporters Club in place where it is easy to organise things and spread the word. I have started this thread so anyone who has any ideas/events can put them on here and everyone can help out to raise some funds for the club. I know already the S.C are organising there own table quiz. Any other suggestions (realistic ones)
    For all the latest League of Ireland news visit www.extratime.ie

  2. #2
    Coach bellavistaman's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cobh
    Posts
    3,151
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    21
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    39
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L37Ultra View Post
    There has been a lot of rumours and negativity surrounding the clubs current financial state on this site recently. I think its about time we (including myself) turned this moaning into positive actions where by we help the club out. At the moment there is a strong Supporters Club in place where it is easy to organise things and spread the word. I have started this thread so anyone who has any ideas/events can put them on here and everyone can help out to raise some funds for the club. I know already the S.C are organising there own table quiz. Any other suggestions (realistic ones)
    Put Mcgee on one of them funfair things where if you hit the target he falls in to sh!te. Tenner a throw, will travel up myself!!ten shots, easy 100
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007


    http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

  3. #3
    International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Limerick City
    Posts
    6,684
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    300
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    559
    Thanked in
    403 Posts
    i think people are a little reluctant with organising fundraising events etc... because no one knows the full extent of the situation the club is in.

    i think it will be much easier to come up with ideas and ways to help out the club when people know whats needed and have some kind of goals they can try to reach.

  4. #4
    First Team L37Ultra's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Limerick
    Posts
    2,044
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    Put Mcgee on one of them funfair things where if you hit the target he falls in to sh!te. Tenner a throw, will travel up myself!!ten shots, easy 100

    Is the Cobh forum really that boring?
    For all the latest League of Ireland news visit www.extratime.ie

  5. #5
    New Signing joeSoap's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2003
    Location
    nomadic
    Posts
    5,828
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    18
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    23
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    i think people are a little reluctant with organising fundraising events etc... because no one knows the full extent of the situation the club is in.

    i think it will be much easier to come up with ideas and ways to help out the club when people know whats needed and have some kind of goals they can try to reach.
    I know I keep harping on and on about it, but for a club thats supposed to be "our club" the lack of communication and disclosure as to the current plight is alarming.

    An outstanding opportunity to market the game on Friday has gone a begging..possibly the biggest game to date this season. And its not from the lack of people volunteering to help out either. It's very frustrating.

  6. #6
    International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Limerick City
    Posts
    6,684
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    300
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    559
    Thanked in
    403 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post
    I know I keep harping on and on about it, but for a club thats supposed to be "our club" the lack of communication and disclosure as to the current plight is alarming.

    An outstanding opportunity to market the game on Friday has gone a begging..possibly the biggest game to date this season. And its not from the lack of people volunteering to help out either. It's very frustrating.
    i totally agree

  7. #7
    Coach bellavistaman's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cobh
    Posts
    3,151
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    21
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    39
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L37Ultra View Post
    Is the Cobh forum really that boring?
    You wouldnt believe it. But we have a fun run, fundraiser for our club sunday, players and supporters get together, fancy dress, run 6 kn across the town, after the run/walk, at night, there is a 80s themed night, Dj, food and a auction with some top class items. They gave out 250 cards dunno how many they'll get back, but take my card nothing special couldnt fill it, but still got 120 euro, if 200 people got that your laughin. I know some poeple that have got 200, so on. Great idea, needs a lot of hard work and dedication, and is a good way for supporters to talk the players too.
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007


    http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

  8. #8
    First Team L37Ultra's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Limerick
    Posts
    2,044
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post

    An outstanding opportunity to market the game on Friday has gone a begging..possibly the biggest game to date this season. And its not from the lack of people volunteering to help out either. It's very frustrating.
    Ya thats very true. I rang, e-mailed the club during the week to ask them to make Posters like the Athlone game to help promote the Finn Harps match. but i got nothing back and no response, and they wonder why the crowds are going down . You may think this is a joke but I think we should have an auction night where female (and some male) fans can bid against each other and the highest bidder gets to go on a date etc... with the chosen player. If we did that for the whole squad it would make a bit of money for the club
    For all the latest League of Ireland news visit www.extratime.ie

Similar Threads

  1. Continuing Fund Raising
    By Well Red in forum Sligo Rovers
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 21/11/2008, 12:43 PM
  2. Fund raising fun run
    By Rams-07 in forum Cobh Ramblers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06/08/2007, 5:23 PM
  3. Fund raising idea from the Club
    By Rams-fan in forum Cobh Ramblers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 19/02/2007, 7:04 PM
  4. Dundalk announce fund-raising event
    By A face in forum Dundalk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25/05/2004, 9:03 PM
  5. Race Night - St Pats Fund Raising
    By A face in forum St Patrick's Athletic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15/04/2004, 1:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •