Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Fund Raising.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Fund Raising.

There has been a lot of rumours and negativity surrounding the clubs current financial state on this site recently. I think its about time we (including myself) turned this moaning into positive actions where by we help the club out. At the moment there is a strong Supporters Club in place where it is easy to organise things and spread the word. I have started this thread so anyone who has any ideas/events can put them on here and everyone can help out to raise some funds for the club. I know already the S.C are organising there own table quiz. Any other suggestions (realistic ones)
    For all the latest League of Ireland news visit www.extratime.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L37Ultra View Post
    There has been a lot of rumours and negativity surrounding the clubs current financial state on this site recently. I think its about time we (including myself) turned this moaning into positive actions where by we help the club out. At the moment there is a strong Supporters Club in place where it is easy to organise things and spread the word. I have started this thread so anyone who has any ideas/events can put them on here and everyone can help out to raise some funds for the club. I know already the S.C are organising there own table quiz. Any other suggestions (realistic ones)
    Put Mcgee on one of them funfair things where if you hit the target he falls in to sh!te. Tenner a throw, will travel up myself!!ten shots, easy 100
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    i think people are a little reluctant with organising fundraising events etc... because no one knows the full extent of the situation the club is in.

i think it will be much easier to come up with ideas and ways to help out the club when people know whats needed and have some kind of goals they can try to reach.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    Put Mcgee on one of them funfair things where if you hit the target he falls in to sh!te. Tenner a throw, will travel up myself!!ten shots, easy 100

Is the Cobh forum really that boring?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    i think people are a little reluctant with organising fundraising events etc... because no one knows the full extent of the situation the club is in.

i think it will be much easier to come up with ideas and ways to help out the club when people know whats needed and have some kind of goals they can try to reach.
    I know I keep harping on and on about it, but for a club thats supposed to be "our club" the lack of communication and disclosure as to the current plight is alarming.

An outstanding opportunity to market the game on Friday has gone a begging..possibly the biggest game to date this season. And its not from the lack of people volunteering to help out either. It's very frustrating.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post
    I know I keep harping on and on about it, but for a club thats supposed to be "our club" the lack of communication and disclosure as to the current plight is alarming.

An outstanding opportunity to market the game on Friday has gone a begging..possibly the biggest game to date this season. And its not from the lack of people volunteering to help out either. It's very frustrating.
    i totally agree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L37Ultra View Post
    Is the Cobh forum really that boring?
    You wouldnt believe it. But we have a fun run, fundraiser for our club sunday, players and supporters get together, fancy dress, run 6 kn across the town, after the run/walk, at night, there is a 80s themed night, Dj, food and a auction with some top class items. They gave out 250 cards dunno how many they'll get back, but take my card nothing special couldnt fill it, but still got 120 euro, if 200 people got that your laughin. I know some poeple that have got 200, so on. Great idea, needs a lot of hard work and dedication, and is a good way for supporters to talk the players too.
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post

Ya thats very true. I rang, e-mailed the club during the week to ask them to make Posters like the Athlone game to help promote the Finn Harps match. but i got nothing back and no response, and they wonder why the crowds are going down . You may think this is a joke but I think we should have an auction night where female (and some male) fans can bid against each other and the highest bidder gets to go on a date etc... with the chosen player. If we did that for the whole squad it would make a bit of money for the club