Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bratislava to Prague (Train)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Question Bratislava to Prague (Train)

My team, like many others, will be going from Bratislava to Prague via the train on the Monday. Can anyone advise where to book.?..How much?...timetables?...etc. I have tried the link on the Away Match Summary but it doesn't work.
    Tact is for people who are not witty enough to be sarcastic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    im sturggling with this myself..it has them advertised on the bahn.de website, but it says you cannot book online..need help please
    'How can I hate women, my Mums one!!!' Chris Finch

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    the train station is about a 10 minute walk from the old town, or jump in a taxi for 5 mins.

when we were there, there were only 3 fast trains per day to prague.
    Usually one in the morning at bout 8.30, again at 12.30ish and then at about 3.30.
    we have mailed the slovak fa to see if extra rains will be put on, but no answer yet.

It's 19 euro return for second class, and 9.50 one way.

There are slower trains as well that will take about 6 hours. the fast rain id 4 and a half hours. My advise would be to go to the station and book the train as soon as you get to Bratislava.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I posted this on the Slovakia and Czech Republic away threads..........

posted this on the Slovakia thread as well but it's also relevant here.

For anyone travelling by train from Bratislava to Prague we booked our train earlier this week on http://www.bahn.co.uk/db_uk/view/index.shtml

This was the only site I could find, with English text, that I could make our booking on at this time (tickets already delivered). We decided to splash out and get 1st class seats as I'd say there will be a lot of people travelling that route on the Sunday and Monday and I don't fancy standing, hungover, on a cramped train for 4 hours. At least this way we're guaranteed seats and a little bit of room. It came to €60 each but we got the rest of the trip cheap enough so we're happy with that. As far as I know the economy seats are about €40 with this lot. If you wait to get the tickets at the train station in Bratislava I'd say you'd get them cheaper again as I presume the company I booked ours with are adding on some kind of a premium. I just wanted to get ours sorted before going over as it's less hassle. We're travelling on the 12:25pm on Monday the 10th of September.

I forgot to mention that you can't book these tickets over the internet as the website only allows you to book tickets for journeys within Germany. You'll have to either email them or give them a ring. The staff are very helpful though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post

For anyone travelling by train from Bratislava to Prague we booked our train earlier this week on http://www.bahn.co.uk/db_uk/view/index.shtml

This was the only site I could find, with English text, that I could make our booking on at this time (tickets already delivered). We decided to splash out and get 1st class seats as I'd say there will be a lot of people travelling that route on the Sunday and Monday and I don't fancy standing, hungover, on a cramped train for 4 hours. At least this way we're guaranteed seats and a little bit of room. It came to €60 each but we got the rest of the trip cheap enough so we're happy with that. As far as I know the economy seats are about €40 with this lot. If you wait to get the tickets at the train station in Bratislava I'd say you'd get them cheaper again as I presume the company I booked ours with are adding on some kind of a premium. I just wanted to get ours sorted before going over as it's less hassle. We're travelling on the 12:25pm on Monday the 10th of September.

I forgot to mention that you can't book these tickets over the internet as the website only allows you to book tickets for journeys within Germany. You'll have to either email them or give them a ring. The staff are very helpful though.
    Much obliged Paulie...excellent info and very good site...I'm taking a leaf out of your book and securing first class tickets on the Monday.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cheers for that Paulie. Will they post tickets to ireland ?
    "Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayo_Bhoy View Post
    Probably not to Mayo though!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just mailed them there presume theyll give me a bell ina while for payment details

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayo_Bhoy View Post
    Yeah they post to Ireland which I think adds 3 or 4 euros on to the price. I got mine within 4 or 5 days of the booking being made. When the tickets arrive out each passenger will have 2 tickets. The reason being that because the tickets are being bought outside of Slovakia they give you a ticket to take you from Bratislava to the border and then from the border to Prague. Don't worry, you do not have to change trains. It's just the way the tickets are sent out.

I chose to ring them as it's just less hassle than exchanging emails but I found them to be an efficient bunch to deal with on the phone so I assume they will be the same for those of you that choose to email them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thumbs up

Just booked our tickets ( as Paulie said, very efficient...did it over the 'phone ).On the 12.25pm Monday 10th and like you Paulie opted for the First Class option @ 57eu each!

Many thanks again for the tip off Paulie....there'll be a pint or two with your name on it on board!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sligo Hornet View Post
    Many thanks again for the tip off Paulie....there'll be a pint or two with your name on it on board!
    Glad to be of service. I was thinking that Monday might be the day of rest beer wise but I'm open to persuasion!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Glad to be of service. I was thinking that Monday might be the day of rest beer wise but I'm open to persuasion!
    Day of rest...r u havin a laff?...is he havin a laff???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenerased View Post
    Day of rest...r u havin a laff?...is he havin a laff???

Must admit I was getting a little worried Paulie had talked me into joining him aboard the Temperance Society's annual trip to Prague to lambast the Irish on the evil of drink!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Must admit I was getting a little worried Paulie had talked me into joining him aboard the Temperance Society's annual trip to Prague to lambast the Irish on the evil of drink!
    Now that's harsh! I just thought that maybe, just maybe, after Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday on the beer, Monday could be a day off the booze before the Tuesday through to Thursday session started. Obviously that was a moment of weakness on my part brought on no doubt by the fact that I haven't had a pint since last weekend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Now that's harsh! I just thought that maybe, just maybe, after Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday on the beer, Monday could be a day off the booze before the Tuesday through to Thursday session started. Obviously that was a moment of weakness on my part brought on no doubt by the fact that I haven't had a pint since last weekend.
    Fair play to you Paulie......but I am sure once you've had a couple tonight your faith will be reaffirmed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I think Paulie and sligo hornet should get a room!!

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    I have tried the link on the Away Match Summary but it doesn't work.
    That's wierd; I've fixed it now (I hope!). Also added the DB link.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Match tickets

Hey. Anyone still looking for tickets for Slovakia game. Have a few spare to sell to those travelling (€37 each)

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    See the ticket exchange thread in this forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    7 Tickets gone for slovakia

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast