Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

View Poll Results: who do you want as new City captain?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Greg O Halloran

23 48.94%
  • Mick Devine

5 10.64%
  • Stephen Napier

12 25.53%
  • Neal Horgan

1 2.13%
  • John O Flynn

2 4.26%
  • Dan Murray

4 8.51%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New City captain

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

New City captain

According to Spillane itll most likely be Greg. How do you feel about this? Would you prefer someone else.

Personally, ive been saying Greg for captain for quite a while now, so obviously Im happy anyway.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: New City captain

Originally posted by GWA
    According to Spillane itll most likely be Greg. How do you feel about this? Would you prefer someone else.
    My preference is for anyone who'll open their mouth on the pitch. If Greg can learn to that a bit more, then great, he'll probably make a very good captain. He certainly seems to have all other necessary leadership qualities ie heart, leading by doing, BIG workrate etc.
    Munster 33-6 Gloucester
    Aint revenge sweet?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Greg is my choice without a show of a doubt.

Other potenial captains are Napier and Murray imo.
    Champions!

b_mcsweeney
    of the candidates given i reckon it has to be greg. i personally would never have a striker or keeper as captain. murray is too new (not even one season at the club), and napier isn't guaranteed to start every game. so that rules out everyone but greg and hoggy. of those, i'll give it to greg, even though he's very young to be captain (since neal horgan is about the same age, kinda removes this factor). i'd probably make napier vice captain, based on tenure if nothing else.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by b_mcsweeney
    of those, i'll give it to greg, even though he's very young to be captain
    No offence, but, age has precisely F***ALL to do with it. If you're good enough, you're old enough, end of story.
    Munster 33-6 Gloucester
    Aint revenge sweet?!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    greg gets my vote without any hesitation....always like a tough SOB as the captain.....lead by example and if they ont follow..fuc them out of it...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Greg all the way. City fan, City hero, Opera singer.
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Badweather Fan

Greg

defo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Greg o'Halloran is far too petulant a player to take the job. Personally I don't think he would be able to handle the responsibility. Hope I'm wrong.

Murray is the natural choice. He is a leader. forget the fact he has not been here long. He wiill be our best signing in the history of the club IMO.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    None of the guys above jumped out at me. I voted for Mick Devine cause he prob has the most experience of the lot but I personally don't agree with keepers being captains. Needs to be a midfielder imo. Someone like Conor when he's played a few matches and into the run of things.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by Real ale Madrid
    Greg o'Halloran is far too petulant a player to take the job. Personally I don't think he would be able to handle the responsibility. Hope I'm wrong.
    Good choice. In all fairness, I think the guy has sorted that problem out. I might be wrong but his only sending-off last season was for a professional foul away to pats and I don't remember him picking up many silly bookings like before. Napier is also up there for me as captain.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Real ale Madrid
    Murray is the natural choice.
    He wiill be our best signing in the history of the club IMO.
    Murray just happens to have one MAJOR obstacle in his way. He's far too quiet altogether to be captain.
    As good as Murray is, I thought Flynn would have had a better claim to that particular title.
    Munster 33-6 Gloucester
    Aint revenge sweet?!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    has to greg in my view with napier as vice team captain. as a player greg is one of the most talented in the country never mind the club and is one tough nut as well. i just wish he be played in his proper position as right full back. midfield doesn't do him justice

anyway a good team captain doesn´t have to be blowing off at players all the time. it may work for keano but a lot of other team captains got by with a clamer approach. anyway i don't think he will be adverse to letting off a few expletives when he has to as I witnessed after the match when citybeat shels in the cross last oct.

if napier was going to be a regular player then he would get serious consideration. however as he is a genuinely decent fellow and very popular within the club and with supporters (except moses) then maybe a role as club captain wouldn't be any harm?
    john flynn? - awesome!!!!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by dalo
    if napier was going to be a regular player then he would get serious consideration. however as he is a genuinely decent fellow and very popular within the club and with supporters (except moses) then maybe a role as club captain wouldn't be any harm?
    On the point of seniority alone, you're probably right. Btw, very few of the players have ever been popular with Moses, but Hell, that man talks more s***e sober than when he's drunk. I just hope that whoever is picked will be able to shoulder the responsibility of being captain.
    Munster 33-6 Gloucester
    Aint revenge sweet?!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Shed End John
    On the point of seniority alone, you're probably right. Btw, very few of the players have ever been popular with Moses, but Hell, that man talks more s***e sober than when he's drunk. I just hope that whoever is picked will be able to shoulder the responsibility of being captain.
    is it such a big job being captain though- i mean apart from selecting which end to play is there much to it?
    john flynn? - awesome!!!!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by dalo
    is it such a big job being captain though- i mean apart from selecting which end to play is there much to it?
    Yes, in that having a bad game makes you REALLY stand out. You're responsible for motivating the players out on the pitch, you liaise with the manager/chairman in the event of internal trouble and don't forget those 'get everyone going' pre-match speeches.
    Munster 33-6 Gloucester
    Aint revenge sweet?!

Pat MacGroyne
    I voted for napier but if Deccie gets any games this year its only right that as the senior Cityzen of the team he becomes captain for whatever games he plays.

Time may not be his friend but I am

Ali

Re: Re: New City captain

Originally posted by Shed End John
    My preference is for anyone who'll open their mouth on the pitch.
    If you want someone who'll open their mouth Georgie or Mick Devine would do it. But I would go for Greg. Its only Georges 2nd season and I dont really agree with keepers as captains either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Originally posted by Pat MacGroyne
    Time may not be his friend but I am
    Would that make you biased ???
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Pat MacGroyne
    HA HA face.

I have respect for Deccie because of the loyalty and commitment hes shown City during the Years

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast