Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Mexico

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts

Mexico

Just wondering lads, this is probably going to sound stupid but when coming from the states and going back, is there any hassle getting in and out of the country? Do ye need a visa or does it feck up yer 90 day visa in the states?
    When i was on my intership out in the states we couldnt go to mexico ( or canada for that matter - though we did ) on our visas as we were told we wouldnt be able get back in.

anyone been to mexico city any recommendations on waht to see? Thinking of heading there for a couple of days before we hit cancun and get blown off by hurricanes.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Just wondering lads, this is probably going to sound stupid but when coming from the states and going back, is there any hassle getting in and out of the country?
    It's best to know the situation so the question isn't that stupid, don't worry. Having recently undertaken a similar journey as outlined above, with an Irish passport, I can happily confirm that there is no special visa requirement. The plot thickens though when we move away from you, as a person, and onto your baggage, as a vehicle for trafficking contraband.

As for Mexico City, it's well worth a visit, very nice, vibrant city centre. I find virtualtourist.com to be a useful repository when it comes to deciding on what to see and do. When it comes to Cancún my advice would be to wear sunscreen and to visit a club called Coco Bongo(not at the same time particularly). Its open seven nights, and is always busy. The cover charge is expensive, $45, but there is 'free' drink thereafter and given the mania you will experience the seemingly steep price is best overlooked. When I was in the area I stayed on an island off-shore so I can't recommend any hotels I'm afraid. Buen viaje

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    As for Mexico City, it's well worth a visit, very nice, vibrant city centre. I find virtualtourist.com to be a useful repository when it comes to deciding on what to see and do. When it comes to Cancún my advice would be to wear sunscreen and to visit a club called Coco Bongo(not at the same time particularly). Its open seven nights, and is always busy. The cover charge is expensive, $45, but there is 'free' drink thereafter and given the mania you will experience the seemingly steep price is best overlooked. When I was in the area I stayed on an island off-shore so I can't recommend any hotels I'm afraid. Buen viaje
    ya, i have heard of that place and the price, sounds like its worth a visit. We havent booked anything, mainly because i was holding out in case of a hurricane, but i reckon now they wont get another one anything like Dean again this year, so depending on how much damage etc has been done i would be up for going still. Thanks hoop. Keep on hooping
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    When i was playing ball over there, I lived right on the Texas - Mexico border. We were advised not to travel over by the college, as you had to bring all your valuable documentation with you.But when i brought visa, I 20 student forma and other documents with me there was never any hassle.The border towns of the US are Very Dodgy. Lots of kidnappings etc , and police are often in cahoots with local criminals(and im not scaremongering). I fell out of "senor frogs" on night into a special forces cop holding an m-16!!
    head about 40-50 miles into mexico and beyond and you will find one of the nicest places there is. the people are lovely (but many have no english). Have a few coronas / sols and tortilla chips in the taverenas and chill out! A few places i wold recommend rather than mexico city would be Monterrey (beautiful) or san luis. Loads of small towns around these which will give you a real authetic feel for the place.