Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Killie

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts

Killie

Should've won it easily for those that weren't there.... We had a few glorious chances, and how Avril conspired to miss two of them I don't know.... Game was broken up by Floodlight failure, that was apparently an ESB Problem (The street lights also went).... We had the beating of Kilmarnock, even though they were clearly up for the game (as some tackles testified).... The Ref was sh!te, and did his best to make sure that we came away with nothing..... Team as a whole played well, lovely football and the long ball sh!t seems to have been forgotten - as always the exception was Sheridan, who simply isn't up to standard.... Poor Crowd, typically the game is on the one day of dodgy weather for the last two weeks....

Also, Friday night games are not an option (particularly at 7.30) - I missed kick off having left Dublin at 4 due to the sh!te traffic..... Never mind the dublin based home fans, it would certainly effect the numbers of travelling away fans....
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Friday night kick-off was totally the wrong evening for the game, couldnt make it as i couldnt get the time off, but Saturday evening, 7,30, guaranteed most of the regulars would have made it. At the very least, it shows we can live with that standard of oppostion.
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Badweather Fan
    One of ye might care to tell us the score there.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    One all - Kirby around the 20 min mark, Boyd (I think) for them with around 15 to go....

techs
    kilmarnock were very poor. great fitness but we outclassed them for much of the match. shame about our finishin

techs
    ps: have to agree with macy on sheridan he just isnt up to it, the sooner heis out of the startin 11 the better. pip keogh was super at left back but i think he will be played in the middle of the park come the start of the season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    What's the story with Brian Byrne, it looked serious seeing him being carried off.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Question

What kind of team did Kilmarnock put out? Many 1st team regulars?
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Originally posted by pete
    What kind of team did Kilmarnock put out? Many 1st team regulars?
    Erm, not to hot on Scottish Football (as it's sh!t), but I believe that it was pretty much the first team bar the keeper...

They were using it as a genuine warm up game (infact I think they requested the game, not Longford) as between Cup weekends and International weekends they haven't played for a few weeks....

With the consideration that they were taking it seriously, we are only in pre-season, and they are 4th in the SPL and full time I think proves the gulf between our league and the SPL (bar $eltic and the Hun) is pretty much non-existant... But try telling that to the bar stoolers...

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Originally posted by daithi
    What's the story with Brian Byrne, it looked serious seeing him being carried off.
    4-6 weeks I heard - medial ligament damage....

techs
    totally agree. after celtic and rangers there is nothin between the two leagues

Martystapo

Kil;marnock

Town played absolutely brilliantly against a team of full timers. We could have scored a few goals, Avril and Sean Francis in particular. A game of two halfs basically. Killies fitness told in the end. Agree with ye on Sheridan, should be run out of the club. Very impressed with Pip Keogh. The crowd was very disappointing what is wrong with Longford people?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by techs
    totally agree. after celtic and rangers there is nothin between the two leagues
    Which is why I think a cup competition between clubs from both leagues would be a great idea!