Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Any links to the Derry game tonight

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Very dissapointed with Derry City, my god what a waste of 90 minutes of my life looking at that rubbish

Typical irish moaning..........."the heat", "the ref", "the flight over", "the pitch".......etc etc

Derry didnt charter a flight so they could save some money, about 60,000 grand or so, well done, saved your money
    The pitch is the same for both teams, and wouldnt many LOI pitches be worse, Im thinking of Longford in particular!
    The ref was ok, yes it was a peno, but did derry really deserve to win this tie? And I didnt like to see the derry players mouthing off all the time (hence about 3 yellow cards), you do your talking on the pitch
    The heat is a factor for both teasm but when you have a 5 man midfield it cant be used as an excuse, especially againsta poor team

Robertson was rubbish, stupid tactics having 5 mids........its not Ac Milan for chriss sakes

Mccourt.......first time i have seen him..........was told he was great.............i didnt notice anything too great

RTe were terrible.................Morley and his "different class"........yeah bottom of the fcuking class more like

Terrible result for the LOI................Derry should have had that team in their pocket

Ok rant over!

FORMERLY: City till I Die Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    Very dissapointed with Derry City, my god what a waste of 90 minutes of my life looking at that rubbish

Typical irish moaning..........."the heat", "the ref", "the flight over", "the pitch".......etc etc

Derry didnt charter a flight so they could save some money, about 60,000 grand or so, well done, saved your money
    The pitch is the same for both teams, and wouldnt many LOI pitches be worse, Im thinking of Longford in particular!
    The ref was ok, yes it was a peno, but did derry really deserve to win this tie? And I didnt like to see the derry players mouthing off all the time (hence about 3 yellow cards), you do your talking on the pitch
    The heat is a factor for both teasm but when you have a 5 man midfield it cant be used as an excuse, especially againsta poor team

Robertson was rubbish, stupid tactics having 5 mids........its not Ac Milan for chriss sakes

Mccourt.......first time i have seen him..........was told he was great.............i didnt notice anything too great

RTe were terrible.................Morley and his "different class"........yeah bottom of the fcuking class more like

Terrible result for the LOI................Derry should have had that team in their pocket

Ok rant over!

1. Send a Welsh team over there and see how they fare in those temperatures, I somehow dont think they'd do any better.

2. Who is blaming the ref? Yes he didnt give us a penalty but no-one blamed him.

3. What would you do if you were playing on a pitch that had holes in it filled with concrete.

The fact is this was John Robertson' 3rd game in charge. Had he been here a few weeks longer I think we would have done better. Your concept of both teams having to deal with the temperatures is rubbish, Pyunik are well used to playing in those conditions, its easier for them to acclimatise to our conditions than it is for us to theirs.

When the club booked flights, they were acting for the best of the financial stability of the club. Had we risked spending on a chartered flight and lost, the financial implications would not be good for the club.

The club has learned from past directors mistakes. It took us years to get over our nearly demise in 2002, but we have and we dont want to fall back into the trap again. I firmly believed they acted on the best interests of the club and commend them for that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Saved 60 grand and p!ssed you off somethin fierce despite the fact that our result has absolutely no impact on you or your club....good result all round I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Typical irish moaning..........."the heat"
    Well im glad you enjoyed watching it in cool weather through a tv

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Some people seem unable to grasp that a lot of the previous Irish club successes in Europe over the past 5 years have been built on an unsustainable cost base.

I've no doubt we'd have performed better had we chartered a plane and incurred another E100k in cost, but that would have been a ridiculous gamble that Derry City couldn't afford.

As usual the reality of EL football and its administration is sadly lacking from many on here, despite more than enough examples of the consequences of clubs getting carried away with themselves.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    Have you ever tried booking 25+ seats on specific planes in the middle of high season?

As for the "numerous airports" that have flights to Yerevan, thats a short list when you exclude the ex-Soviet carriers with dubious safety records.
    Aug 27 to 30 - Czech 600euro per person
    Dublin Prague Yerevan
    Based on 6 people travelling (highest I could enter)
    Found on the first flight website I could think of...

So I don't think you can moan about the travel. As was said they had to do the exact same distance.

My 'awful' comments are based on the two legs by the way. Just thought after the poor display in Derry you'd give it a better go out there.
    John Delaney!! GET OUT!!!
    www.ssdg.ie

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I've no doubt we'd have performed better had we chartered a plane and incurred another E100k in cost, but that would have been a ridiculous gamble that Derry City couldn't afford.

As usual the reality of EL football and its administration is sadly lacking from many on here, despite more than enough examples of the consequences of clubs getting carried away with themselves.
    You do know you get 100K per round in the Champions League ?
    What was the cost of a charter flight to Yerevan ?

You also realise that there are more than than 30 seats on planes. Charging fans to fly along with the team can greatly reduce the cost of the flight over.

You didn't deserve the spot. You wanted to make money off something that wasn't even there to begin with. You should have spent whatever it took out of the 100K you get to secure that place in the second round. I'm sure 200K for getting to Round 2 would have more than made up for it.

and what is it with Derry fans having to slag off the team of everyone who makes a comment on Derry ?? Not the only ones at it, this is foot!!, but theres really no need.
    John Delaney!! GET OUT!!!
    www.ssdg.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by higgins View Post
    You didn't deserve the spot.
    Well you certainly didn't deserve it so I'm not sure who you would've send instead?

Should I be surprised that a Shels fan favours reckless expenditure?

Seems like the penny still hasn't dropped that your recent European achievements were based squarely on an unsustainable cost base that nearly (and may yet) cost the future of your club.

Derry fans aren't willing to let that happen to us again.

If that means our coefficient is overstated (which it undoubtedly has been over the past couple of years), then so be it. At least I'll have a club to support.

Your brass neck/naivety (whichever it is) is unbelievable by the way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by higgins View Post
    You do know you get 100K per round in the Champions League ?
    What was the cost of a charter flight to Yerevan ?
    The cost to charter a plane was £145,000 sterling. This figure was given in an interview to Radio Foyle a few days after the draw by Jim Roddy. As Bennocelt said, we are not AC Milan.
    As Irishmen we dilute our sense of nation by depending on the English to bring us our balls

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Nonsensical. Its a lot easier for Armenians acclimatising to Irish weather conditions than us to 40 degree heat.
    Availability. Have you ever tried booking 25+ seats on specific planes in the middle of high season?

As for the "numerous airports" that have flights to Yerevan, thats a short list when you exclude the ex-Soviet carriers with dubious safety records.
    Let me get this straight...My point that the distance from Yerevan to Derry is the same as the distance from Derry to Yerevan is nonsense, because its hotter at the moment in Yerevan than it is in Derry?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213