Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul McGee a disgrace

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by declan hide View Post
    just to let ye know that ski still managed to get some points across to the players from the position he took. and also to barry ryan.
    Which didn't go unnoticed by the officials who will probably put it in their report, thus increasing any fine and ban the buffoon was going to get anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    does he not have to leave the playing/technical area? isnt this what he did?

would surprise me if the ref/whoever will mention this in the report.
    you gowl!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post
    Which didn't go unnoticed by the officials who will probably put it in their report, thus increasing any fine and ban the buffoon was going to get anyway.
    are you gonna start a bring back NOC campaign joe?

remember you defending him to the hilt.
    you gowl!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PinBallWizard View Post
    Lat year the club was run and owned by a retard.
    I hope for your sake 'willie john' doesn't see that

Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Aybody who thinks that a manager doesn't deserve some criticism for getting sent off in consecutive games is a clown.

McGee's problem is that he fancies himself as an expert on fan psychology (much like Danny Drew) and spends too much time currying favour when his sole focus should be what happens on the pitch. His bravado probably does fool a lot of people but there's no need for the antics (pulling faces at 4th officials and what have you).

Aside from that his personal abuse of players on the field is completely and utterly needless. That's what the dressing room is for.

I will also hold it against him that I have now agreed with Stephen Henderson that there is no place in football for managers who vocally encourage their players to 'break his legs'.

It's stretching things a little to call him a disgrace but as things stand I wouldn't be in any huge rush to tie him down just yet either. Results (if not always performnces) have mostly been good. Whatever else can be said about him McGee has been lucky and I'd give him to the end of the season to see how far that can take him and if he can learn some vestige of professionalism in his match day conduct.
    About right. A lot of people on here are calling McGee a clown and a looney. That he may be, but anyone who thinks we should sack McGee now? Pot calling kettle black

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

super blues

the only clowns around here are you lot bitching and moaning,i'd take 3rd bottom six months ago when there was going to be no el football in limerick.ffs grow up the lot of ye,or maybe go follow longford town then you would have something to bitch about!!! muppets the lot of you..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by declan hide View Post
    are you gonna start a bring back NOC campaign joe?

remember you defending him to the hilt.
    The past is the past and I think everybody has moved on since then. There seems to be a perverse infatuation on this board with Noel O'Connor, with a certain few unable to stop whining about him constantly, and referring to him every time a thread about a manager comes up.

This thread isn't about Noel O'Connor. Or any other manager. It's about Paul McGee. But seeing as you brought up his name, I'd lay odds with you that you'd never see him, or any other EL manager with the possible exception of Roddy Collins behaving like a mutt like McGee has done in the past fortnight. No other club would be comfortable with their manager making faces at officials and gesturing to the crowd for support for doing so. No other club would be comfortable with their manager being sent off in successive weeks for behaving like a three year old girl. No other club would like to hear the bile that came out of his mouth in Cobh, particularly at his own players, in front of everyone. All EL clubs have standards. Why should we be any different. All other clubs would reprimand their manager for behaving in this manner. I hope we're no different, but I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fc hammer View Post
    the only clowns around here are you lot bitching and moaning,i'd take 3rd bottom six months ago when there was going to be no el football in limerick.ffs grow up the lot of ye,or maybe go follow longford town then you would have something to bitch about!!! muppets the lot of you..
    Great attitude. Nice to see that you're happy to blow a stack of money to finish third bottom. If the club wanted to finish in that position then they would have signed the players to do it, instead of the crack squad that's there now. Before you call people muppets might I suggest a look in the nearest mirror.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just because there are positives, that doesn’t mean that people, especially season ticket holders and shareholders, should ignore the negatives, of which there are some also.
    I don't think anyone said that they should. But there's a difference in almost trying to find negatives. Some balance has to be brought to it - and in your list of positives and negatives (even if all are accepted) the positives far outweigh the negatives. In fact the negatives seem to be worries rather than negatives. I know, its hard to ever feel really confident with Limerick senior football.

Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid
    Aybody who thinks that a manager doesn't deserve some criticism for getting sent off in consecutive games is a clown.
    Jaysus slk, that's right - start a post with a straw man argument. Again nobody said he shouldn't be criticised. But, as you seem to accept later on, the criticism was over the top (i.e. calling him a disgrace) and didn't give credit for our current league position. What is forgotten it seems as well is that the current squad is not the squad we started with. He built a team in a couple of weeks at the start of the season and we have been at or near the top all season.

I think he is a good manager. If you watch the highlights of the Athlone game on youtube you can see he is almost kicking every ball and celebrates goals like a fan. He cares. I imagine players see that too. Maybe he goes too far sometimes.

As for Jebus' view that he cost us a point in Cobh - I think the players shoudl look at themselves on that one.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Officials that are sent off must leave the "vicinity of the field of play and the technical area". So whether you consider over the wall to be in the vicinity is a judgement call. A lot of times managers that have been sent off just step back from the dug-out into the crowd and continue to communicate with the dug-out.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC in Exile View Post
    As for Jebus' view that he cost us a point in Cobh - I think the players shoudl look at themselves on that one.
    from a cobh fans point of view nothing bout results but he really left yere club down that day everybody was talking bout your good support bringing a mascot and all, class flags, noisy, great numbers in the bar, and then the manager tells players to break legs, hard man, then makes faces behind 4th officials back. What a ******** of a man.
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    from a cobh fans point of view nothing bout results but he really left yere club down that day everybody was talking bout your good support bringing a mascot and all, class flags, noisy, great numbers in the bar, and then the manager tells players to break legs, hard man, then makes faces behind 4th officials back. What a ******** of a man.
    Still didn't cost us a point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Whether anyone here likes it or not the players have huge respect for ski, together they have ensured L37fc has not dipped below third all season. We do not have dwindling gates, we are not loosing our best players, we are not sliding down the table. We are 6 points off top with all to play for. These are happy days.
    Personally speaking I can't see what all the fuss is about.
    Limerick 3:7
    "Marvel not that I said unto thee, ye must be born again"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Well you wouldn't really, given that you are involved personally with the club.

I agree with the points you have made. Things are looking up. However, I don't share your views on the gates. They are not consistent, and are dwindling in my opinion.

The concerns I have are with McGees behaviour, and the inability to commit to a contract or be offered one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well you wouldn't really, given that you are involved personally with the club.

I agree with the points you have made. Things are looking up. However, I don't share your views on the gates. They are not consistent, and are dwindling in my opinion.

The concerns I have are with McGees behaviour, and the inability to commit to a contract or be offered one.
    Look I'm simply voicing my personal opinion which I'm very much entitled to do. I think your point on the gates is wrong: It has been the wettest summer since rain was invented and there is no doubt this has contributed to the overall attendence, yet even at that there has always been 500+. Remember that last friday it rained solid right up to an hour or so before the game, 500+ was fantastic.
    I'd imagine that if the sun is splitting the rocks come friday the Kildare game will see a big crowd. I think this arguemenyt is really clutching at straws. Regarding Ski I don't know anything about contracts or Athlone and I've yet to be told by anyone what either is all about or even if there is truth in any of it, so until that changes I'm still happy out!
    Limerick 3:7
    "Marvel not that I said unto thee, ye must be born again"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    From our website today:

July 23rd 2007

Ski Quashes Rumours

Ski was quick to quash rumours this week that he was interested in the Athlone job and that he has no contract with Limerick 37.
    Commenting on the rumours he was quick to point out the levels of commitment and effort being put into the club by all involved including his coaching staff at all levels. “The commitment from players and coaching staff is second to none at Limerick and I am proud to be a part of it”. Regarding his contract he commented “I have a 2 year contract with Limerick 37 and I am more than happy with the progress we have made so far, I have worked hard to build a solid squad and will continue to improve things as we move on. It is disappointing that some people can find nothing better to do other than cause mischief instead of getting behind the club”

[/I][/I]
    "How Can you lie there and think of England when you don't even know who's in the team"-- B.Bragg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PinBallWizard View Post
    Show me one club that allows its manager operate without a contract? .
    Limerick ! As another poster said Magee is it of a looney tune. Good luck with it. Id also have to agree that ye'd always be a bigger club than Athlone.
    "Are those my feet" Fr Jack Hackett

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by limerick37fc.ie View Post

Regarding his contract he commented “I have a 2 year contract with Limerick 37 and I am more than happy with the progress we have made so far, I have worked hard to build a solid squad and will continue to improve things as we move on. It is disappointing that some people can find nothing better to do other than cause mischief instead of getting behind the club”
    I'm glad he has stated that he has a contract. It would have been nice if there was this type of clarification earlier and confusions could have been avoided.The main concern I had regarding this was that he was a free agent and that the club would lose financially if he got the job he applied for.

Hopefully now the next two statements to come from him are an apology to the fans for getting sent off twice in a week and making a mockery of the job he has, and secondly to refute categorically that he applied for the Athlone job and that he is not actively looking to move to what he considers 'a bigger club'.

As for people causing mischief instead of supporting the club. Well, I don't think anybody that has criticised him isn't behind the club. It's having Limerick Eircom League football, who has had many legendary managers in the past, managed by someone who encourages people to break players legs from the sideline, and sets a pretty bad example in general that upsets people.
    Last edited by joeSoap; 24/07/2007 at 11:46 AM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Ski managed Galway Utd ( and was sacked), and has applied for every job vacated in the LOI in the last few years. He has done this while contracted to another club, and his sideline behaviour described on this site is par for the course. Ski is all about Ski - nothing else. Enjoy the ride, cause won't last.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    It is disappointing that some people can find nothing better to do other than cause mischief instead of getting behind the club”
    [/I][/I]
    hendo take a tip on what never to say to supporters. What a ******* of a man. Causing mischief by bringing over 100 to cobh in full voice for 90mins.
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    It is disappointing that some people can find nothing better to do other than cause mischief instead of getting behind the club”
    Replace getting behind with the word managing and you get a good description of Skee's match day management.

Seriously, how anyone can think it's acceptable to make faces behind official's backs and generally act like Bozo the Clown on the sideline is beyond me. I'm not calling for him to be sacked, unless proven that he tried to leave Limerick for Athlone last week, then I'd hop him out the door to be honest, but I'm sure the club already know whether he did or not (I'm still being told he did, but thats not proof is it).

In fairness In Exile the players looked like they hadn't a clue what to do after Skee was sent off. When Cobh went a man down they had no idea how to exploit that, you can say that that's the players fault, but I'd lay it at the door of the guy who was supposed to be analyising the game and changing tactics accordingly, who at that minute was probably sipping back a pint in the Cobh bar.

Oh and could we have less of this 'stop moaning' attitude, I remember myself and Nempton getting that by the barrell full for criticising Danny straight after he took over the club for the way he sacked Mike Kerley, we called him a clown, most people called us moaners, we were proved right in the end. Similar happened after NOC took us to the top of the league that season, we were called moaners, were told we were biased against him, we continued calling him a poor manager, we were proved right in the end.
    Last edited by jebus; 24/07/2007 at 12:52 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast