Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul McGee a disgrace

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    One thing I didn't agree with the other night was the way he needlessly made Joey Maloney travel the whole way from Castlebar to Limerick and back, knowing damn well that he wasn't going to even get a jersey in the match 16. Not a nice thing to do.

You think this is the only instance of this and not just to this player?You are not watching the statistics.But that is the managers right if he cant make his mind up till the last minute or just overlooks what effect what he does has on the players and couldnt care less.

I have to say that showboating ,when he jumped the wall after being sent off ,gives serious insight of what goes on in his head....if anything.Whatever he said made the 4th official go out of his way to call the linesman to call the ref and there was no way back.It must have been realy serious.
    "You'll not see nothing like the Shelbourne team"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Here we go again.

We beat Athlone 4-1 (after a heart breaking defeat the previous week) and close the gap on teh top and the focus is on the negative.

Ski can be the biggest b@llocks in Ireland for all I care - as a fan I don't have to like him - he just has to get it done on the pitch. And he does. We have lost 3 games in 20. We are in a platy off spot. I am not comparing anything to last season - I am talking about this season and this season is going well.

I don't understand the Wizard's argument that he should be given a contract or shown the dorr and that he is a disgrace. If you think he's a disgrace why give him a contract? That costs more if the club ever did want to get rid of him. Though I saw keep him - his is doing very well against the only criteria that matters for a manager - results.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PinBallWizard View Post
    O'Connor was a knob of a man manager, but you never saw him disgrace himself in public like this guy McGee.
    Yeah, we'd much rather have a zombie in a trench coat on the line.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC in Exile View Post
    I don't understand the Wizard's argument that he should be given a contract or shown the dorr and that he is a disgrace. If you think he's a disgrace why give him a contract? That costs more if the club ever did want to get rid of him. Though I saw keep him - his is doing very well against the only criteria that matters for a manager - results.
    My argument is based on the image that he gives off. It is bad, pure and simple. The fact that he has no contract shows that either he has no faith in the club, or the club has no faith in him. Either way, both are wrong. I personally think his behaviour is disgraceful and not befitting an EL manager. I don't see how you can condone his behaviour, particularly in Cobh, just because results are good. If I remember not too long ago at all when we were on a long unbeaten run people here were all calling for O'Connors head, so where does your criteria for 'results only counting' fit in there? Theres a long way to go in this season yet. I'll credit him to date with the results. Fair play. I won't credit him, or ignore the fact that he's a jackass and an idiot.
    Last edited by PinBallWizard; 23/07/2007 at 12:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah, we'd much rather have a zombie in a trench coat on the line.
    Weak effort. You know what I am talking about-the needless ranting, raving and playing to the crowd sh1te....it's wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Is it fair to say hes "skiing on a downhill slope". Thank you!
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Go away.......forever........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    That taxi better be called bellavista

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    That taxi better be called bellavista
    , love the **** ones as much as the good ones.

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PinBallWizard View Post
    My argument is based on the image that he gives off. It is bad, pure and simple. The fact that he has no contract shows that either he has no faith in the club, or the club has no faith in him. Either way, both are wrong. I personally think his behaviour is disgraceful and not befitting an EL manager. I don't see how you can condone his behaviour, particularly in Cobh, just because results are good. If I remember not too long ago at all when we were on a long unbeaten run people here were all calling for O'Connors head, so where does your criteria for 'results only counting' fit in there? Theres a long way to go in this season yet. I'll credit him to date with the results. Fair play. I won't credit him, or ignore the fact that he's a jackass and an idiot.
    I judged NOC on results also - which got me a lot of stick at the time too.

What I meant was why would you want the club to give him a contract if you think he is a disgrace.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    water terrible pun!
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    Membership Advisory Board
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinZac View Post
    water terrible pun!
    Cork lads definitly on top today.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post

One thing I didn't agree with the other night was the way he needlessly made Joey Maloney travel the whole way from Castlebar to Limerick and back, knowing damn well that he wasn't going to even get a jersey in the match 16. Not a nice thing to do.

Joey Maloney was injured. I was at the match early and he was having a fitness test.
    For all the latest League of Ireland news visit www.extratime.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Here we go again.

We beat Athlone 4-1 (after a heart breaking defeat the previous week) and close the gap on teh top and the focus is on the negative.

Ski can be the biggest b@llocks in Ireland for all I care - as a fan I don't have to like him - he just has to get it done on the pitch. And he does. We have lost 3 games in 20. We are in a platy off spot. I am not comparing anything to last season - I am talking about this season and this season is going well.

Well said. I really dont know where all this negativity towards Paul McGee is coming from. I mean we are doing very well this season and just won 4-1 and you come on and complain about him getting sent off and you have no proof that he went for the Athlone job!! Just lets get behind the man and what has his personality got to do with anything if we are doing well on the pitch!! He got sent off in Cobh for shouting at the ref and Cossgrave (which many Limerick fans have been doing all season) and he got sent off against Athlone because he was giving out about the refs decision( which many Limerick fans did last friday). So its okay for the fans to do it but when the manager does it lets start a thread and abusive the man. I thought this season would be different and Limerick fans would stick together and not moan and complain about the stupidest things!! Its been a great season so why can we not concerntrate on the positives!!
    For all the latest League of Ireland news visit www.extratime.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Just because there are positives, that doesn’t mean that people, especially season ticket holders and shareholders, should ignore the negatives, of which there are some also.

Positives:

• A place to call home without haggling and worrying about the priest.
    • Big, healthy squad.
    • Good 21’s set up.
    • Live 95 Sponsorship deal.
    • Committed and progressive supporters club.
    • Results going well on the pitch.

Negatives:

• Not knowing where we stand with the manager from a contract point of view.
    • Ever expanding wage bill
    • Dwindling gates.
    • Distinct lack of information on progress (or lack of it) in Jackman Park Development.

By and large, all is rosy in the garden…at the moment. Promotion this season is imperative I believe to maintain momentum and support. If it is not achieved then the support, that is dwindling, like it or not, will plummet. Rugby is back in September, and the fickle fan doesn’t need much of an excuse to jump ship.

I believe McGee should be tied to a contract or released. The club gave him his break, made his name for him as a Senior EL Manager and I don’t see why he should be allowed to walk from that if he wants to go to what he might consider a bigger job without the club being compensated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L37Ultra View Post
    So its okay for the fans to do it but when the manager does it lets start a thread and abusive the man.
    Genuinely it's not okay. If I were getting paid by the club, then I wouldn't be roaring every little thing at the referee and getting myself sent off. As fans we should be the ones giving the ref abuse for wrong decisions, not Skee, and especially not when Athlone have just pulled a goal back and we need him in the dugout, and even more so when he's idiocy has cost us a point in Cobh the week before hand

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Aybody who thinks that a manager doesn't deserve some criticism for getting sent off in consecutive games is a clown.

McGee's problem is that he fancies himself as an expert on fan psychology (much like Danny Drew) and spends too much time currying favour when his sole focus should be what happens on the pitch. His bravado probably does fool a lot of people but there's no need for the antics (pulling faces at 4th officials and what have you).

Aside from that his personal abuse of players on the field is completely and utterly needless. That's what the dressing room is for.

I will also hold it against him that I have now agreed with Stephen Henderson that there is no place in football for managers who vocally encourage their players to 'break his legs'.

It's stretching things a little to call him a disgrace but as things stand I wouldn't be in any huge rush to tie him down just yet either. Results (if not always performnces) have mostly been good. Whatever else can be said about him McGee has been lucky and I'd give him to the end of the season to see how far that can take him and if he can learn some vestige of professionalism in his match day conduct.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Aybody who thinks that a manager doesn't deserve some criticism for getting sent off in consecutive games is a clown.

McGee's problem is that he fancies himself as an expert on fan psychology (much like Danny Drew) and spends too much time currying favour when his sole focus should be what happens on the pitch. His bravado probably does fool a lot of people but there's no need for the antics (pulling faces at 4th officials and what have you).

Aside from that his personal abuse of players on the field is completely and utterly needless. That's what the dressing room is for.

I will also hold it against him that I have now agreed with Stephen Henderson that there is no place in football for managers who vocally encourage their players to 'break his legs'.

It's stretching things a little to call him a disgrace but as things stand I wouldn't be in any huge rush to tie him down just yet either. Results (if not always performnces) have mostly been good. Whatever else can be said about him McGee has been lucky and I'd give him to the end of the season to see how far that can take him and if he can learn some vestige of professionalism in his match day conduct.

God im glad your back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=sadloserkid;730913]

QUOTE]

can you elaborate here?
    you gowl!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    oh by the way i see alot of talk about ski jumping the wall and staying next to the supporters and not going to the press box etc etc

just to let ye know that ski still managed to get some points across to the players from the position he took. and also to barry ryan.

when limerick played in the pike and under the drew regime there was a few righteous souls on here who thought they had all the answers...and they still are here by the looks of it.
    you gowl!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast