Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Fulham's signings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fulham's signings

Cant see how anyone thinks they will get relegated.Hughes,Davis,Kamara,Baird,Koncheskey and Healy.I think they will finish top half and not only that but they already have a good few players.
    SLIGO ROVERS FOOTBALL CLUB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    I think they'll do better than most people expected but I just don't see Healy making much of an impact for them next year. Kamara is a very good signing though, Davis too.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    They'll finish in the bottom six and will need to win on the last day to ensure survival, along with a good few other teams, in my opinion. The players they've signed are decent Premiership standard players but will not get them into the top half, surely.

This promises to be one of the tightest relegation scraps in years with about 8 teams definitely capable of going down.
    "Life is like a hair on a toilet seat. Sooner or later you are bound to get pi$$ed off."

"In this league, a draw is sometimes as good as a win" - Steve Morison

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cymro View Post
    They'll finish in the bottom six and will need to win on the last day to ensure survival, along with a good few other teams, in my opinion. The players they've signed are decent Premiership standard players but will not get them into the top half, surely.
    Davis is a class player, Man Utd were interested in him before. With him partnering Diop in centre mid they have a combination that a lot of teams stuggle to better. They also have Bullard who can play there. Healy and Kamara will get goals upfront and their defence looks solid, which has been their greatest weakness in recent years. They'll be comfortably safe from the drop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    It'll be interesting as I don't see Sanchez getting away with deploying Healy for Fulham the way he did for NI -where basically everything went to him. They'll have to mix it up a bit more in the premiership or, if he's lucky, Healy'll find himself marked out of games and if he's unlucky he'll be in an ICU by halloween. Either way -good luck to him he deserves his crack at that level.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Ritchie View Post
    It'll be interesting as I don't see Sanchez getting away with deploying Healy for Fulham the way he did for NI -where basically everything went to him. They'll have to mix it up a bit more in the premiership or, if he's lucky, Healy'll find himself marked out of games and if he's unlucky he'll be in an ICU by halloween. Either way -good luck to him he deserves his crack at that level.
    I don't think the Fulham fans would be too annoyed if Sanchez employs that tactic and he gets the same results as Northern Ireland do.

Personally though, I think it is bad for fulham that so many Northern Ireland players are coming to them.

Sure we are playing quite well, we are beating good sides etc, but our players as individuals are not that great.

I think Healey will score around 15 goals next season, which IMO isn't a bad return.
    The Hallion Battalion Molests football.:D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bruce View Post
    I don't think the Fulham fans would be too annoyed if Sanchez employs that tactic and he gets the same results as Northern Ireland do.

Personally though, I think it is bad for fulham that so many Northern Ireland players are coming to them.

Sure we are playing quite well, we are beating good sides etc, but our players as individuals are not that great.

I think Healey will score around 15 goals next season, which IMO isn't a bad return.
    I'd agree on his goal return ...maybe a bit more conservative ...he'll bag a dozen anyway.

Why do you reckon it's bad for Fulham to have 4 NI players coming in? I could see it being mutually beneficial (...unless Fulham get relegated of course in which case it's mutually disasterous!!!). I can draw a comparison with ourselves in the early 90's when the backbone of our side (which could've and should've WON Euro '92) also happened to be the backbone of an Aston Villa side that were swinging digs (metaphorically) with the big boys for a couple of seasons.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by red rovers View Post
    Cant see how anyone thinks they will get relegated.Hughes,Davis,Kamara,Baird,Koncheskey and Healy.I think they will finish top half and not only that but they already have a good few players.
    I think they are a sure thing to be in the bottom 6 and I think they'll go down.
    Healy will struggle week in week out, Koncheskey is all ego and no sustance (ask any Charlton or West Ham fan), Hughes & Davis are solid bottom half premiership players. Kamara & Barid especialy haven't much premiership experience and I think will find the pace a struggle, how many of those signings have played in top half sides?

That said the main reason I think they wll struggle is Sanchez, I'm nowhere near convinved he's good enough. His record with Wycombe was average apart from good cup runs. Managers who get players up for occasional cup games are better suited for International management, getting players ready for one off big games as opposed to getting them prepared weekly....
    Time will of course tell but if I were a betting man I'd have some cash on them going down.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Ritchie View Post
    I'd agree on his goal return ...maybe a bit more conservative ...he'll bag a dozen anyway.

Why do you reckon it's bad for Fulham to have 4 NI players coming in? I could see it being mutually beneficial (...unless Fulham get relegated of course in which case it's mutually disasterous!!!). I can draw a comparison with ourselves in the early 90's when the backbone of our side (which could've and should've WON Euro '92) also happened to be the backbone of an Aston Villa side that were swinging digs (metaphorically) with the big boys for a couple of seasons.
    Because I do not see the 4 players being top notch and I feel they would be better suited in a championship team where they will hopefully excell and keep the confidence up for when they play above their ability for Northern Ireland.

Lets face it, on paper Northern Ireland would be the equivilent of a lower Championship side. We are punching well above our weight and we have a spirit that seems to overcome teh likes of Spain, Sweden and England.

The ROI has had a good squad since the early 90s on paper. You just haven't had a good manager since Mick McCarthy and IMO you have lost a lot of spirit and heart.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by endabob1 View Post
    I think they are a sure thing to be in the bottom 6 and I think they'll go down.
    Healy will struggle week in week out, Koncheskey is all ego and no sustance (ask any Charlton or West Ham fan), Hughes & Davis are solid bottom half premiership players. Kamara & Barid especialy haven't much premiership experience and I think will find the pace a struggle, how many of those signings have played in top half sides?

That said the main reason I think they wll struggle is Sanchez, I'm nowhere near convinved he's good enough. His record with Wycombe was average apart from good cup runs. Managers who get players up for occasional cup games are better suited for International management, getting players ready for one off big games as opposed to getting them prepared weekly....
    Time will of course tell but if I were a betting man I'd have some cash on them going down.
    I think you could be right about Sanchez. If he fails I hope he'll come back to NI management.

Im not sold on Worthy as manager. Although he hasn't taken charge of a game yet, so he needs a chance first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DmanDmythDledge View Post
    Davis is a class player, Man Utd were interested in him before. With him partnering Diop in centre mid they have a combination that a lot of teams stuggle to better. They also have Bullard who can play there. Healy and Kamara will get goals upfront and their defence looks solid, which has been their greatest weakness in recent years. They'll be comfortably safe from the drop.
    Last year Man Utd were interested in Davis, but it seems toward the end of the season just gone, he was struggling to get his game at Villa.

I've no doubt they'll probably survive, but if anyone seriously expects them to mount a challenge for the top half, I think they'll be somewhat surprised at how the league table looks when all 36 games have been played.
    "Life is like a hair on a toilet seat. Sooner or later you are bound to get pi$$ed off."

"In this league, a draw is sometimes as good as a win" - Steve Morison

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think their first 6-8 games will be crucial. If they start poorly then I'll be putting money on them going down. The confidence that a good start brings is invaluable.
    Top Breeders recommend drinkfeckarse....