Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Wexford Youths Preview

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Wexford Youths Preview

Monaghan United play Wexford Youths at Kingspan Century Park this Friday night in the FAI eircom League of Ireland First Division with an 8pm kick off. Wexford provided Monaghan with their first opposition of the season when United hosted them on the 9th March in their first ever FAI eircom League of Ireland match. United looked like they had the game sown up when they went 2 goals ahead but a feisty Youth’s team were determined to make the best of their debut and managed to take their first point when they clawed back the 2 goals.

When United travelled to Wexford in May, Mick Cooke’s men returned victorious having beaten the Youths in a 3-2 thriller. Youths currently sit one point ahead of Monaghan in the league and this will be a battle royale as the 2 Mick’s come head to head to try and move up the table.

Mick Cooke has a stronger team to select from with the return of Alvin Rouse in goals and forward Cian Mackey returning from Cavan Senior Gaelic Football duties. Steven Feeney is also expected to return from injury leaving Willie Doyle as the only injury worry for Cooke.

“We have a strong squad to select from this week, but there is still 24 hours to go before the game and knowing my luck, someone else will get injured! I think Kingspan Century Park must be built on an ancient burial ground for all the bad luck we get” Cooke stated earlier today.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    go on the Magic Mon's make us proud!!
    lifes too short!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

youths in viaggio

any good boozers close to the ground? of course we normally drink de vino at home..........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Our club bar is lovely, very friendly and has a great selection of drink at reasonable prices.

Other than that, town is the only place. I do recommend the Squealing Pig (and not just coz they are our sponsors but it is also my local) and they do great food too if you feel like eating before coming out to the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post
    Our club bar is lovely, very friendly and has a great selection of drink at reasonable prices.

Other than that, town is the only place. I do recommend the Squealing Pig (and not just coz they are our sponsors but it is also my local) and they do great food too if you feel like eating before coming out to the game.
    squealing pig the place to be friendly and comfortable bar and plenty of boooze!!!
    lifes too short!!