Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: scully to sign

techs

scully to sign

Accordin to reports in the capital. Pat Scully will be a Longford Town player by Friday.
    If he can keep his mouth shut he would be a great signing.He will add experience to the squad.
    The only problem is we need more midfielders not defenders. Pip Keogh will be a great success in our midfield.
    TOWN FOR EUROPE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Yeah i read that in the Sun today (the good old relible) ! Seems town, derry and someone else not sure (maybe drogs but open to correction on that one) are all interested. Town are favourites to sign because he worked with Matthews for awhile.
    Agree we need midfielders and strikers, think we have defence sorted!
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?

Martystapo
    I think Scully will be a fantastic signing. Digger played with him at Shels before so there would be an understanding there between the two of them plus they are best mates. Only problem would be a lack of match fitness. It would be nice to have an actual ex Rep of ireland player. Now if we can get Dave Savage and John McGrath. I would die a happy man.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Defence is good enough - we don't need a narky mercenary who has a history of causing dressing room problems....
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts
    Seemingly Matthews reckons he can sign him any time he wants but he's not 100% convinced he actually wants him considering the money he'd be lookin for. There's a couple of personality issues too..He is interested in signing one more centre back to have good cover but i don't know if Scully is the ideal candidate. Midfield is where he's most anxious to strengthen. Waiting on a few young lads who are being released in England AFAIK..
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Well if the lads he picks up in England are as good as Barry and Dillon, there will be no complaints..... The more I think about it the more I want Scully no-where near the club.....
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.