Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More Terrorist Attacks in the UK

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts

More Terrorist Attacks in the UK

Car bombs yesterday- and an attack on Glasgow airport today as a jeep was driven in through the doors.

Seems like it was definately a terrorist operation, albeit a botched one. There was a gas cylinder in the car and it was on fire before it crashed.

No major explosion, but the two occupants are badly burnt. Assuming this is terrorism- Good enough for the f**kers.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    4 Asian men arrested according to Sky News. They were in the jeep at the time.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    The organisation seems poor. Does that represent good work done on destroying networks? Elimination of key personnel? Or just luck that nothing worse happened?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    The cynic in me would be inclined to rule out Al-Queda or any massive organised threat

I mean have they actually gone from crashing plains into Skyscrapers to being unable to crash jeeps into terminals??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    The cynic in me would be inclined to rule out Al-Queda or any massive organised threat

I mean have they actually gone from crashing plains into Skyscrapers to being unable to crash jeeps into terminals??
    .....and missing out on the 40 virgins. Bet they feel sick in more ways than one now.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    It's like 9/11 on a budget!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    new uk PM new...."Terror attacks" i could write this script myself.....such BS
    "get everyone afraid and lets do what we like" tactics.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelys Guitar View Post
    It's like 9/11 on a budget!
    It's no laughing matter. 9/11 only cost $400k dollars. The London bombings a couple of years back only cost £1k. You can cause a suprising amount of damage for little money. Even $400k is small fish compared to the amount of money raised through criminal activity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post

Not cynicism at all LTID, no reason at all to suspect it's Al-Qaeda.
    The 7/7 bombings weren't Al-Qaeda either.

It's probably some disaffected British foreign nationals.
    Had to laugh when I saw the 'suicide bomber' being hosed down.
    He must have been looking all around him for a roof to jump off.
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Risteard View Post
    Not cynicism at all LTID, no reason at all to suspect it's Al-Qaeda. The 7/7 bombings weren't Al-Qaeda either.
    It's probably some disaffected British foreign nationals.
    I have not seen or read much on the Glasgow attacks but seems very similar to 7/7. Seems some second generation asians have a glorified vision of their home land. Sad that they think their lives would somehow be so much better in Pakistan or wherever
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    I have not seen or read much on the Glasgow attacks but seems very similar to 7/7. Seems some second generation asians have a glorified vision of their home land. Sad that they think their lives would somehow be so much better in Pakistan or wherever
    At the risk of sounding like a dig dirty racist but shouldnt they **** off home so

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jockser View Post
    Such a stupid comment. The usual hundreds involved in conspiracy theories. Gordon Brown meets with M15 or whatever and plans with dozens of people (and you need to have dozens involved) to blow up London and a Scottish airport and none of these people involved in these wide ranging conspiracies ever blow the whistle.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    Such a stupid comment. The usual hundreds involved in conspiracy theories. Gordon Brown meets with M15 or whatever and plans with dozens of people (and you need to have dozens involved) to blow up London and a Scottish airport and none of these people involved in these wide ranging conspiracies ever blow the whistle.

Gordon was in the back of the jeep but was dropped off on the Glasgow ring road! Seems all of those arrested so far are from the middle east. Allegedly two doctors involved. One of whom allegedly drove the jeep.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    P!ss poor conspiracy theory. If I was an evil government henchman I would have blown up the airports about a week earlier. "Get everyone afraid" so that Tony couldn't possibly hand over power in the middle of a crisis. Blair postpones resignation for the rest of the summer but promises it's only temporary and Brown has his full support.

After a while without a new handover date, rumours fly that Tony doesn't actually want to leave. Shortly afterwards, Brown is found hanging in No. 11 Downing Street in a supposed "suicide", heartbroken at being denied the top job according to "official sources". Blair calls snap elections and leads Labour to a fourth election victory against a Tory party in disarray (Cameron and most Conservative front benchers having been blown up in a separate "terror attack" on their campaign headquarters...)

I mean, really, if you're going to do this type of thing there's no point going about it half-assed.
    SIGNATURESCOPE

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    as my sig says :

Just because you’re paranoid, doesn’t mean they’re not after you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i guess nobody will be questioning britain's ever increasingly big-brother style surveillance for a while, at least not at the start of a new premier-ship while the new guy is vulnerable.

handy that.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Conspiracy Theories are for kids & people with too much time on their hands.

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Do you think that fact that the Uk are involved in two wars at present might have a been a reason, or am i just totally wrong!

By the way...............did anyone notice that the Americans killed 80 civilians in Afghanistan yesterday?
    Its a strange world we live in"!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    P!ss poor conspiracy theory. If I was an evil government henchman I would have blown up the airports about a week earlier. "Get everyone afraid" so that Tony couldn't possibly hand over power in the middle of a crisis. Blair postpones resignation for the rest of the summer but promises it's only temporary and Brown has his full support. :
    Thats exactly what happened last year with the "liquid bombs " in airports scare....cheers for the example

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Conspiracy Theories are for kids & people with too much time on their hands.
    Surely a comment from a kid himself.Tut tut you still sitting at the back of the class refusing to look at the blackboard??!?!

Such a stupid comment. The usual hundreds involved in conspiracy theories. Gordon Brown meets with M15 or whatever and plans with dozens of people (and you need to have dozens involved) to blow up London and a Scottish airport and none of these people involved in these wide ranging conspiracies ever blow the whistle
    Such a stupid comment from yourself........

The M15 have been involved in almost every IRA bombing since the 1980s FACT......and those orders came straight from the top.....
    Here read it fromt he horses mouth

Sunday Herald: Neil Mackay

Original Link: http://www.sundayherald.com/25646

Exclusive: confessions of a secret agent turned terrorist

KEVIN Fulton is very clear about where the orders were coming from. 'I was told that this was sanctioned right at the top,' he says, sipping a Pepsi in the bar of a Glasgow hotel. 'I was told 'there'll be no medals for this, and no recognition, but this goes the whole way to the Prime Minister. The Prime Minister knows what you are doing.'
    This was 1980, and if Margaret Thatcher knew about the activities of military intelligence agents such as Fulton, then she was also aware her own military officers were planning to infiltrate British soldiers as 'moles' into the IRA. These moles were ordered by their handlers to carry out terrorist crimes in order to keep their cover within the Provos so they could feed information on other leading republicans back to security forces.

For almost two years the Sunday Herald has been investigating the activities of the FRU -- the Force Research Unit, an ultra-secret wing of British military intelligence. Fulton worked for the FRU for much of his career as an IRA mole. This unit, which has been under investigation by Scotland Yard commissioner Sir John Stevens for more than a decade, was involved in the murder of civilians in Northern Ireland.
    So who was the overall controller of the FRU with its 'licence to kill' republicans? Until now it seemed that responsibility for the activities of the FRU rested on the shoulders of one man -- Brigadier Gordon Kerr, the Scottish officer who led the unit and is now the British military attach? to Beijing. A two-part BBC Panorama programme, concluding tonight, much of it based on the Sunday Herald's previous investigations, puts Kerr squarely in the frame.

But if Fulton's claims are correct, then Kerr, soon to be questioned by the Stevens team, was just one link in a chain of command which went all the way to the cabinet and the Prime Minister. As Fulton says: 'Kerr was just following orders. Soldiers don't make up the rules, they just do as they're told.'

the article goes on.....

The claim that the cabinet and Thatcher knew of these types of operations is startling. Thatcher's office has refused to comment on Fulton's claims. It is known, though, that intelligence supplied by other British army moles inside the republican movement was being read at cabinet level. One such mole, Willie Carlin, was flown out of Northern Ireland in Thatcher's Prime Ministerial jet in 1985 after his cover was blown. As chairman of the Joint Intelligence Committee, which met weekly at Number 10, Thatcher was kept informed of FRU activities. Whether this ran to the day-to-day details of agent-handling is not known. Thatcher did grant the FRU extra funding to recruit agents in the wake of the IRA's Remembrance Day bombing in Enniskillen.

Now you tell me that is NOT a conspiracy. Did you see "Dozens " of whistle blowers!?!?! Well this guy actually did blow the whistle but sure who listens to it anyway??
    Google operation gladio, gulf of tonkien or the hilarious liquid bombs of last summer for more example of governments supporting terrorism for their own benefit....or.......Head back in the sand......

reder
    The M15 have been involved in almost every IRA bombing since the 1980s FACT......and those orders came straight from the top.....
    They were moles! If you dont understand the concept of a mole ...........

Have to say, I loved the resolve of the Londoners on the news on Sunday. The refuse to be bullied into changing their lifestyle by these terrorists.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast