Thread: Sheffield United

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sheffield United

Seeing as the pigs have their own thread I thought Id start one

Any other blades on here ?

THIS IS SOME BREAKING NEWS FROM SHEFFIELD FOR THE PIGS ON HERE !

[SIZE=2]After recent meetings bewtween the officials of Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield Council and Sheffield FA, it has been decided that the two Sheffield clubs will merge to form a new Sheffield 'Super' club.

After finally making the big decision to merge the two clubs the officials and owners decided to get down to deciding the finer details.

The first on the agender was where the new club would play. As the club would be the heart beat of Sheffield and its people, it was thought best to have a stadium as close to the city centre and major transport links as possible. Therefore, Bramall lane in S2 was the perfect choice. In the city centre and only 3/4 of a mile from the train station makes it a fantastic central location.

The next big decison was the club badge. The officials wanted something that would represent Sheffield. Some put forward the case of having an animal, such as a bird of some sort, but this was quickly dismissed as un-relivant. Therefore, the final decision is to have 2 large swords which represent the Steel industry on which Sheffield was built. Also, the club badge would incorporate the Yorkshire rose, to simbilise the great county in which Sheffield is situated.

The nickname for the club was also an important decision. Again the officials wanted something to represent the city. Therefore, 'The Blades' was chosen, as it again represents the famous steel industry and also the strength of the working class population and culture.

With the stadium location, club badge and nickname decided, the final big decision was to come up with a name for the new Sheffield super club. As the club has been formed by 'uniting' two existing teams, the officials came to a joint decision of naming the club 'Sheffield United'. Again, the name has great relevance, and strength. One official joked at calling the club 'Sheffield Saturday' as this is when most games would be played, but that was quickly laughed off as being ridiculous.

The final decision of what colour to play in was decided as being red, as this colour is sinonimous with successful clubs across Europe i.e. Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Ajax, Bayern Munich, PSV etc. And it would cost too much money to change the seats in the Bramall Lane stadium.

So the new, and now only football team in Sheffield, will be called Sheffield United, they will play at Bramall Lane, have a sword and yorkshire rose club badge, be nicknamed 'The Blades' and play in red.

Finally, the city council decided it would be best to demolish the un-used Hillsborough stadium, and replace it with an Owl sanctury, in keeping with the new national 'green' approach. This will also give the residents of North Sheffield a place to go and watch Owls in silence every weekend.
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by bladebhoy; 29/06/2007 at 4:14 PM.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bladebhoy View Post
    The equivalent of asking "are there any other sad bast*rds on here?"

Don't hold your breath son.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Seeing as the pigs have their own thread I thought Id start one

THIS IS SOME BREAKING NEWS FROM SHEFFIELD FOR THE PIGS ON HERE !

[SIZE=2]After recent meetings bewtween the officials of Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield Council and Sheffield FA, it has been decided that the two Sheffield clubs will merge to form a new Sheffield 'Super' club.

After finally making the big decision to merge the two clubs the officials and owners decided to get down to deciding the finer details.

The first on the agender was where the new club would play. As the club would be the heart beat of Sheffield and its people, it was thought best to have a stadium as close to the city centre and major transport links as possible. Therefore, Bramall lane in S2 was the perfect choice. In the city centre and only 3/4 of a mile from the train station makes it a fantastic central location.

The next big decison was the club badge. The officials wanted something that would represent Sheffield. Some put forward the case of having an animal, such as a bird of some sort, but this was quickly dismissed as un-relivant. Therefore, the final decision is to have 2 large swords which represent the Steel industry on which Sheffield was built. Also, the club badge would incorporate the Yorkshire rose, to simbilise the great county in which Sheffield is situated.

The nickname for the club was also an important decision. Again the officials wanted something to represent the city. Therefore, 'The Blades' was chosen, as it again represents the famous steel industry and also the strength of the working class population and culture.

With the stadium location, club badge and nickname decided, the final big decision was to come up with a name for the new Sheffield super club. As the club has been formed by 'uniting' two existing teams, the officials came to a joint decision of naming the club 'Sheffield United'. Again, the name has great relevance, and strength. One official joked at calling the club 'Sheffield Saturday' as this is when most games would be played, but that was quickly laughed off as being ridiculous.

The final decision of what colour to play in was decided as being red, as this colour is sinonimous with successful clubs across Europe i.e. Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Ajax, Bayern Munich, PSV etc. And it would cost too much money to change the seats in the Bramall Lane stadium.

So the new, and now only football team in Sheffield, will be called Sheffield United, they will play at Bramall Lane, have a sword and yorkshire rose club badge, be nicknamed 'The Blades' and play in red.

Finally, the city council decided it would be best to demolish the un-used Hillsborough stadium, and replace it with an Owl sanctury, in keeping with the new national 'green' approach. This will also give the residents of North Sheffield a place to go and watch Owls in silence every weekend.
    [/SIZE]

Might want to do a bit more editing and tell the author to buy a dictionary.

"Un-relivant" is the best one. Although, you can almost hear the "agender" being pronounced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    They're all perfectly cromulent words. Predictable, tired article transposed from a Man U/Man City does little to embiggen the author mind.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Ritchie View Post
    Predictable, tired article transposed from a Man U/Man City does little to embiggen the author mind.
    True. For example with the colours, the very least that could have been done was a reworking of the old KYTV joke - we take the white stripes from Wednesday and thwe red stripes from United.
    That question was less stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

Help me, Arthur Murphy, you're my only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    I bow to no one. bar Bluebeard and Mr A

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I was told this exact same thing when I was about 10 years old about Linfield and Glentoran joining together.

Windsor Park is on the edge of the city center.

To name the club, we chose Belfast(as in Belfast Glentoran) and Linfield, so we are now called Belfast Linfield.

We chose the red of Glentoran(Glentorans colours are Red Green and Black), the Blue of Linfield and white because both teams played in white.

Pretty sad, but as a child I found it quite amusing.
    The Hallion Battalion Molests football.:D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Blimey lads it wasnt that bad link to the manutd/city one please cos thats bull**** its a sheffield story allways has been

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    Might want to do a bit more editing and tell the author to buy a dictionary.

"Un-relivant" is the best one. Although, you can almost hear the "agender" being pronounced.

big deal there is spelling mistakes get a grip son

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    The equivalent of asking "are there any other sad bast*rds on here?"

think you have already done that with your wednesday thread pigster

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    big deal there is spelling mistakes get a grip son

relax, i thought it was funny, although I have seen the same kind of thing before, it was one of the better ones of its kind.