Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spurs to play St Pats friendly (live on Setanta 1)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Presume you must mean the shed end as was more cockney behind the other goal plus Irish Spurs support and heard none of that. I don't know what you mean by usual anti-british songs footie wise (glady haven't come across much of that outside of pubs to be honest) but I hope they don't mean the yid ones as....well there's a bit of a history to it but suffice to say its hilarious that the Hammers were brought up on rascist chanting charges for something that is sung by the home support in White Hart Lane.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    There was a bit of "You can shove your british football up your arse" type chants

Read the letter and it was ridiculously OTT
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WexDec View Post
    Presume you must mean the shed end as was more cockney behind the other goal plus Irish Spurs support and heard none of that. I don't know what you mean by usual anti-british songs footie wise (glady haven't come across much of that outside of pubs to be honest) but I hope they don't mean the yid ones as....well there's a bit of a history to it but suffice to say its hilarious that the Hammers were brought up on rascist chanting charges for something that is sung by the home support in White Hart Lane.
    Cockney = East London.

I know more than a few Londoners who'd take grave exception to being called Cockney.

As for the Bingo Club/Spurs Yid chants, having seen the video before it was removed from youtube, I can confirm that Spurs fans most definitely do not sing "I'd rather be a Paki than a Jew"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Thumbs down

Spurs fans adopted the moniker of "The Yids" partly in response to the abuse that used to get thrown at a section of their support. But you could compare that with the hissing noises made by fans of west Ham & Chelsea to mimic the sounds of the gas chambers.

Standard gutter thug element fare that has no place in the game.
    And you ask me to help you??!! Man is evil!!!! Capable of nothing but destruction!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Didn't know anything about the hissing noises or the chant on You Tube as didn't hear any of it at the game. Was that what was quoted in the Metro ?

All I know from drinking with Spurs fans themselves (I'm not one) is that the term yid is used casually/flippantly and they do sing come on you yids but of course the incidents quoted are obviously scumbag element. I was just wondering was that (their own chant) all that was being referred to, obviously not.

On the Cockneys bit I'm sure a lot of Chelsea supporters don't like being called chavs either, its a term broadly used for some London clubs by non-London supporters, if p1sses them off them then its probably all the more popular for it, and afaik its not strictly limited to East London anyway, the Bow Bells and all that but postcode snobbery is something I care nought about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    I can say with 100% certainty that not one single sound was made by pats fans regarding Spurs fans religions or beliefs. The only stuff that got chanted was anti English football and a small bit of general anti English stuff. If people get upseet over the likes of "I'd rather have the euro than the queen" they might want to have a long hard look at themselves
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123