Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Monaghan United Goalie Crisis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Mons could have had no keeper last night, we were woeful, a joke defensively, inept in midfield and an attack that moaned and moaned and when that didnt work they tried well moaning some more. shels fans got it right when 'we are shels' changed to 'we are s*!t'.

Fair play to Mons but we were so bad it was unbelievable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    See ye next year Dave!

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,523 Posts
    Meenan played a whole game without getting sent off- wow!
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Where's he from? He did get booked btw!

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,523 Posts
    He's from Dublin with family from the Northwest. Was with Harps last year- considered talented but a total head-case with a very poor attitude at times.

Never really broke into the first team with Harps.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Right from the off he looked good and was the MoM in my opinion. Farrell was good, but could be better with a bit more work rate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Battery Rover View Post
    Monaghan 4 Shelbourne 0

After a result like that you should become a Crowded House groupie and attend their gigs every match night
    Ha ha...I know, got a text from one of our committee members saying I was barred from home games and that I should try supporting Dundalk instead!

We will win Tuesday again coz of my 3rd time in hospital under anesthetic when we play you on a Tuesday.....remember what happend the last 2 tuesdays???

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Hard luck Magicme you missed a great game from a Mons perspective. I'm an Armagh City fan, but was up for the first time since the Dundalk win last season. 4-0 over the Eircom League Champs - what a result! Willie Doyle put Monaghan one up with about 25 minutes gone, the impressive Meenan then scored with a fine strike, whilst Farrell added to the lead just before the break. Then Meenan added with the fourth. Credit however must go to the 150 or so Shels fans who sang their hearts out from start to finish. They were poor, especially in defence whilst Meenan and Farrell were Mons best players on the night IMO. The keeper looked dodgy enough, but didn't have too much to do.
    My son and a few of our committee were keeping me up to date and I was singing my heart out and dancing to CH and was sooooo excited bout us winning! My son said that bout the Shels fans, fair play, I hear they were a credit to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave77 View Post
    Mons could have had no keeper last night, we were woeful, a joke defensively, inept in midfield and an attack that moaned and moaned and when that didnt work they tried well moaning some more. shels fans got it right when 'we are shels' changed to 'we are s*!t'.

Fair play to Mons but we were so bad it was unbelievable.
    thanks Dave, you lot are welcome up here for a beating anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by Galway Harps View Post
    He's from Dublin with family from the Northwest. Was with Harps last year- considered talented but a total head-case with a very poor attitude at times.

Never really broke into the first team with Harps.
    Yeah had heard that bout him but bar one sending off (ironically in his first game and against Shels) he has been pretty well behaved here. He seems to get on with his team mates well and Mick Cooke is good with dealing with "bad boys" so hopefully Meenan will be a real asset to the club.

Apparently last nite he showed why he has made the Northern Ireland U21 team with some class shown throughout the game.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123