Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Predictions for Irish players abroad over the 07/08 season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,611 Posts
    pointless thread but heres my prediction for what its worth.

they are travelling back from a friendly in Saipan and the airplane crashes leaving them Lost on some remote desert island. Mick Byrne uses his sponge alot. Im not sure how it will end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Good thread.
    Ipswich fans reckon Garvan is getting better and better.My nomination for next seasons newest success story.Giving Bobby Robsons conections at Ipswich Stan must notice him.
    This season is going to be fascinating to see just how good some of the young uns are.
    There will be no big suprises with our main players IMO.Injuies permitting though I think Doyle and Keane can get among top five scorers in Prem.
    Lot of questions to be answered .
    How will Joey O Brien fare after injury?Same with S Elliot and A Reid
    Will McShane make the step up to the prem(SunDERLAND?)
    Stokes has ability but is young so I think he will excite and frustrate in equal measure.Daryl Murphy is apparantly rated by Keane.Cant see it happening for him but I hope he proves me wrong.I think your harsh on McGeady.More Champioms league experience and hopefully he will add more end product to his wonderful skill.DoDeas progress at Celtic could be hindered by Strachans
    wish to have as many Scottish players as possible playing for Celtic but he seems to have ability to make it difficult to leave him out.Andy keogh will be brillant for wolves and we need young O Halloran to make a breahthrough(maybe on loan) because LB is a big problem.
    Finally hopefully Long cotinues to make progress and D Gibson becomes captain at Man U.Oh yeh and Doyle at Brum cements down no2 GK pos behind Given.I know I left out loads but thats a good sign isnt it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    John O'Shea scores the winning goal in the 90th minute of the 2008 CL final when Casillas clearence hits O'Shea's arse and the balls rolls into the goal.
    "Jacques Santini...will be greeted in every dugout of the country by "one-nil, one-nil" - Clive Tyldsley, 89th minute of France-England June 13, 2004.
    "Ooooohhhh Nooooooo" Bobby Robson 91st minute.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    pointless thread but heres my prediction for what its worth.

they are travelling back from a friendly in Saipan and the airplane crashes leaving them Lost on some remote desert island. Mick Byrne uses his sponge alot. Im not sure how it will end.
    ..............Starving and desperate, the team have no option but to barbeque Andy Reid. This sustains the team for some time.

Now read on...................
    Quoting years at random since 1975

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
    Here are my major predictions, some of them somewhat bold.

Shay Given - Settled, Good Season, injury free.
    Paddy Kenny - Gets a transfer to a premiership club, ends up sitting on the bench.

Paul McShane - Is bought by Aston Villa, cements a place in the first team. Keeps improving.
    Darren O Dea - Continues to impress at Celtic. Still a rotation player.
    Andy O Brien - Gets loaned out to a championship club. Fading away
    Richard Dunne - Impresses at a distraught city. The big clubs all ready to swoop for him as City look doomed.
    Ian Harte - Has a lightning start to the season for Levante, impresses and drives Levante into the top half. Drags himself back into Stan's plans.
    Steve Finnan - Continues to be the best right back in the premiership.
    Stephen Kelly - Holds his own in the premiership, if Birmingham go back down he'll earn a transfer out.

Lee Carsley - Struggle to hold his place this season, will drop down a league next season and retire from International if Ireland don't qualify for Euro 2008
    Liam Miller - In and out of both Sunderland and Ireland. Will look more suited to the championship.
    Graeme Kavanagh - Will replace Miller on the Sunderland team before dropping a league at the end of the season. Will spark controversy by not being selected by Stan.
    Steven Reid - Return to his pivotel roll for Blackburn, continues to be used poorly for Ireland and will be left on the bench.
    Andy Reid - Dominates the championship in the early stages earning a Christmas transfer to a midtable club where he builds on it and actually manages to stay injury free.
    Damien Duff - After returning to play struggles to find his form for Newcastle before eventually shining in the latter stages.
    Stephen Hunt - Will be dropped for Bobby Convey at Reading, will continue to start for Ireland
    Aidean McGeady - Will lose his place at Celtic and have a horrid season.

Shane Long - Continues to impress but still struggles to get a game at Reading. Poises himself to leave in the summer.
    Kevin Doyle - Builds on another season, rattling 18 goals in the premiership. Now warranting a huge money move.
    Robbie Keane - Refues to be outdone by Doyle wrapping up 20 league goals, putting Berbatov in 2nd place at the club. He's finally peaked.
    David Connoly - Silences his doubters by hammering in 10 league goals and driving his side forward. Awarded Sunderland player of the season
    Anthony Stokes - Struggles in the first half of the season to get a game due to Connoly and John's excellent form. Is loaned out to the championship for the second half.

and nobody else is really important. >_>

Far too optimistic for them
    I think I should the parachute, because I'm great.

In fact, I think I should get both parachutes, in case one doesn't work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    How is stephen ireland not important??The man who has kept our hopes of qualification alive?
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Funnilly enough I agree with most of these predictions. The Connolly statement, however, is madness. He won't be playing regularly (if at all) for Sunderland in the Premiership as is the Harte prediction considering Levante are trying to get rid of him. The Keane statement also is a little too optimistic. On the other end of the scale the McGeady prediction is a little too pessimistic. I can see more of the same from him next term, possibly a little improvement even.

The rest I more or less agree with though I can't see the logic of including Kenny, Miller, Kavanagh or Connolly (all players who's International careers are on the wane if not already frozen out) at the expense of Colin Doyle, Ireland, Potter, J O'Brien, Miller, Garvan, Best, Ward or Keogh - who should figure in Stan's plans in the coming months more so than the aformentioned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
    Ian Harte - Has a lightning start to the season for Levante, impresses and drives Levante into the top half. Drags himself back into Stan's plans.
    You must be on total crack man! What is people's obsession with Harte, he's done like his uncle, move on.
    "A silent mouth is sweet to hear"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It could be Daryl Murphy's year if he makes a good start in the Premiership.
    Allez les Bleus

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    I think next season could be big years for McShane and Murphy as they both get to play in the Premiership. Keogh and Hoolahan will continue to impress in the Championship as well.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    A few predictions.

Doyle: Scores 16 goals as Reading impress once again.
    Hunt: Another good season to cement his place as a very decent premiership player.
    Long:Goes on loan to the Championship and scores 15 goals.
    Ireland Very good individual performances in a disappointing City team.
    Dunne Same as Stephen Ireland.
    Given Another top season from Shay, who is Newcastle's player of the year as they make the Uefa Cup.
    Duff In and out of the Newcastle team through injury.
    Darryl Murphy Very good performances as Sunderland finish in the top half of the table.
    StokesIs protected by Keane, but chips in with 7 goals despite coming off the bench in most games. Impressive when he comes on.
    Connolly Sold back to the Championship.
    O'SheaGood season for United as their utility man, poor for Ireland.
    Finnan Top class season from the best right back in the premiership.
    Robbie Keane Another fine season for Spurs with 15 goals.
    Stephen Reid Back from injury and earns a transfer to a bigger club like Spurs due to his performances.
    Andy ReidImpresses when he's not injured.
    Keith Tracey Breaks into the Blackburn first team.
    Joey O'Brien Back in the Bolton first team with a fine season.
    McShaneSigns for Villa or sunderland and impresses.
    KeoghOutstanding performances as Wolves get promoted.
    GarvanEarns a move to a club like Portsmouth.
    GibsonMakes the United bench for premiership games.
    Spillaneregular for Norwich as they make the play offs.
    RandolphPlayer of the year at Charlton.
    Kellyimpresses despite Birmingham just avoiding relegation.
    DoylePlayer of the year at Birmingham.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran
    David Connoly - Silences his doubters by hammering in 10 league goals and driving his side forward. Awarded Sunderland player of the season
    Your my new best friend
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theworm2345 View Post
    Your my new best friend
    can you two (though I suspect you are one and the same person) set up your own David Connolly forum and wax lyrical about the little man there?

Read this morning the Joseph O Ceariul at Arsenal has been released. Anyone know if he will be picked up by another Premier League or Championship club?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    I predict that Richard Dunne will have some career change, perhaps something lucrative may be in the stars for him.

Meanwhile, Robbie keane can expect to meet someone in late November, I picture it being a man dressed in black. This man will have an important message to give to him.

The stars look favorably on Andy Reid - perhaps love is on the horizon???

Nicky Colgan - you should contact a family member - something important looms on the horizon in family matters.

Full readings are available from Mystic Bluebeard on his premium call number.
    That question was less stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

Help me, Arthur Murphy, you're my only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    I bow to no one. bar Bluebeard and Mr A

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebeard View Post
    I predict that Richard Dunne will have some career change, perhaps something lucrative may be in the stars for him.

Meanwhile, Robbie keane can expect to meet someone in late November, I picture it being a man dressed in black. This man will have an important message to give to him.

The stars look favorably on Andy Reid - perhaps love is on the horizon???

Nicky Colgan - you should contact a family member - something important looms on the horizon in family matters.

Full readings are available from Mystic Bluebeard on his premium call number.
    Good post.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    K.Doyle: Think he'll have a good season again and carry his form onto the international stage overtaking Keane as Ireland's no. 1 striker
    Hunt: Hunt will have the same season as last year- pretty consistant, nothing spectacular.
    Long: I think he'll have a few substitute appearances, fail to impress..go to a championship team and impress scoring the odd goal.
    Ireland : Will not find himself a regular under Sven and move in January.
    Dunne: Will have a solid season again.
    Given: Another top season from Shay as Newcastle vastly improve under Big Sam.
    Duff:injured.
    Darryl Murphy: Think he may be the surprise package of next season and gain a lot of appearances in the premiership scoring 10+ goals in all competitions.
    Stokes: Will realise his future in the game is playing on the wing. 1st half of the season will be spent coming on as a sub, but will work on crossing and tracking back will feature more regulary towards end of season. 6 goals
    Connolly: Will play up until xmas until new top- quality striker is bought and will mainly feature as a sub.
    O'Shea: Will set out to hold down a position, but will be used as utility player again- mainly as cover for Gary Neville.
    Finnan: Top class season from the best right back in the premiership.
    Robbie Keane: Will form a great partnership with Berbatov but struggle for Ireland.
    Stephen Reid: Will cement his place in Blackburn team as they push for UEFA cup.
    Andy Reid: I think it'll be a good season for Reidy after a shaky start.
    Keith Tracey: A few substitute appearances will earn him a loan move where he will impress.
    Joey O'Brien: Will hold down a first team place at right back if he stays clear of injury.
    McShane:Signs for Sunderland and will do well consistantly- but will make some costly silly errors.
    Keogh: Will have a decent season as Wolves fail to get promoted again.
    Garvan: Let's hope i'm wrong- but i've a feeling he'll spend most of thte season in the treatment room.
    Gibson: Will be loaned out and will impress.
    Randolph: Watch this boy next year.. he will earn rave reviews.
    Kelly:will fail to impress but still hang on to his place.
    Doyle: looking good on the Ireland front as three top quality keepers push each other. will also impress.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Can't find much to argue with there. I'm taking the optimistic stance on Garvan though. I also hope Stokes fulfills his potential as a CF. I have a feeling we will always produce good wide men & McGeady, Tracey and hopefully Duff will ensure we are not short on quality here.

Wish : A fantastic central midfield emerges.
    Last edited by Paddy Garcia; 05/07/2007 at 6:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Think Ireland might be gone from City in Jan too, Sven is too much of a reputation man. Hope ireland has a big enough rep over there for sven to recognize him
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    Think Ireland might be gone from City in Jan too, Sven is too much of a reputation man. Hope ireland has a big enough rep over there for sven to recognize him
    While I want to see Ireland playing at least Premiership level football, or higher. Him, and Dunne, moving from Eriksson's "Reputation Revolution" might be a good thing, as long as they don't drop a level.
    That question was less stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

Help me, Arthur Murphy, you're my only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    I bow to no one. bar Bluebeard and Mr A

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebeard View Post
    While I want to see Ireland playing at least Premiership level football, or higher. Him, and Dunne, moving from Eriksson's "Reputation Revolution" might be a good thing, as long as they don't drop a level.
    Dunne's already been confirmed as club captain for next season.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast