Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Maddy McCann

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Some excellant posts on here. It is very sad to see that this young girl has gone missing but the way some people are jumping on the bandwagon you would think that there is not children all over the world dying of starvation everyday.

reder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceirtlis View Post
    Some excellant posts on here. It is very sad to see that this young girl has gone missing but the way some people are jumping on the bandwagon you would think that there is not children all over the world dying of starvation everyday.
    There are children starving all over the world and they are being neglected but that has nothing to do with their origin. Get of the Bono and Geldof bandwagon!! Are there not children living in poverty in Ireland and the UK? The Iraq comment is utter nonsense and the type of comment you always get from some typical anti-war hippy. Go and hug a tree!

Also in reference to people leaving their kids alone, dont make me laugh, if there is one country on this planet where the pubs are packed on a friday, saturday and sunday nights with parents its Ireland. Suppose thats just my imagination and they are actually at home minding their kids.
    Last edited by reder; 19/06/2007 at 8:10 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reder View Post

Also in reference to people leaving their kids alone, dont make me laugh, if there is one country on this planet where the pubs are packed on a friday, saturday and sunday nights with parents its Ireland. Suppose thats just my imagination and they are actually at home minding their kids.

They've heard of baby sitters though.

As for your other comment...
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post

Both her parents should be jailed for life. I wonder is someone minding the other kids while they swan around the world

What about the 1000s of children who die of starvation everyday??

Oh ya, they're "darker".............

You can shove your tabloid moral lecture up your ar$e mate
    Quote Originally Posted by finlma View Post
    Do you shed a tear for the children getting blown apart in Iraq or starving in Africa or in child slave labour in Asia? I didn't think so - back to reading the Sun.
    Will you give over FFS yea i remember the lack of coverage live 8 got geenie mac you had to search for hours through the papers and internet to find anything about it , couldnt get a quote from Geldoff for love nor money . Iraq where ?? never heard of it .

This rubbish that if you feel sorry for them or do something to help that you dont care about starving kids in africa cop on to yourselves .

I wonder if i searched back through all the threads slagging off Geldoff and Bono and saying they are sick of the coverage the "darker" kids are getting with live 8 would i see the same names popping up i think i might

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Instead what we've got are numerous comments of the "oh, we've all done it" type. Really ? Has anyone here, or anyone heard of anyone going on holiday to a foreign country and leaving three children alone while they went out for the evening ?

to be fair, i think quite a few people would say "yes"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anto1208 View Post
    Will you give over FFS yea i remember the lack of coverage live 8 got geenie mac you had to search for hours through the papers and internet to find anything about it ,
    How many people have died in Iraq to date Anto?

As for Live8 what good did it do? The point is clear that all these things get media coverage for a day - their 15 minutes of fame (and even then it took major celebs to put it on the agenda) where as Maddy is perpetually in the public eye.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BohsPartisan View Post
    Maddy is perpetually in the public eye.
    Well...not quite as much since Big Brother started. Sad but true.
    SIGNATURESCOPE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boh_So_Good View Post

The whole hype surrounding this child has become rather tasteless I feel. I know one is not meant to say this, but her parents need to answer some questions themselves and this is what people should be highlighting. Like why they left three babies alone in foreign country. There is also the weird money circus surrounding it such as them hiring PR people and uncles and so on giving up their jobs so they work for the Maddy fund (well at least now the McCann's can afford a babysitter I guess?). The mother seems to spend more time smiling for the cameras - personally my missues would be in bits with greif - I suspect most would be. That whole Birthday Party with mother smiling and waving to the camera was just odd. Also, I have to wonder if they were a pair of Skangers/Chavs would they be getting such an easy ride from the media for leaving three kids alone?
    Brilliant post and i know its spilt milk but the parents were partly at fault for this whole thing. they seem to have manoevered themselves into a position where they are practically controlling the british media but have no chance to influence the most important players in this, the portuguese authorities. I think it is a good idea to keep her face etc in the spotlight and it reminds me of the efforts ken bigleys brother made to secure his release , everyone would love to have a brother like that who would try anything to get you back , sadly maddies parents should have kept a hold of her in the first place. I don't know how true those times printed by the other poster above are or the whole creche babysitter story but if it is true then the mccanns are negligent parents in my opinion
    Was he crazy!! Yeah , in a very special way , an Irishman.
    I slept, and dreamed that life was Beauty;
    I woke, and found that life was Duty.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerMilla View Post
    it reminds me of the efforts ken bigleys brother made to secure his release , everyone would love to have a brother like that who would try anything to get you back , sadly maddies parents should have kept a hold of her in the first place
    It's very similar that an atmosphere has been created that you can't possibly question what has happened. In Ken Bigleys case, you couldn't raise why he was out there in the first place, just the same as you can't raise what the fook the parents were doing leaving 3 kids alone in an apartment while they went for drinks and dinner.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    How many people have died in Iraq to date Anto?

As for Live8 what good did it do? The point is clear that all these things get media coverage for a day - their 15 minutes of fame (and even then it took major celebs to put it on the agenda) where as Maddy is perpetually in the public eye.
    id estimate about 700,000 innocent people then add more for insurgents etc add in the poor american and british kids sent there Its hard to miss its been on the news and in the papers everyday for over 4 years , whats that got to do with the mcanns trying to find there daughter ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    You probably googled that!

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    . As for putting up a banner at a Drogheda V Bohs game live on an Irish language TV channel, whats the point?
    If an Irish holiday maker saw her face on the TV that night, and recognised her somewhere in the world tomorow (and had they not been watching Bohs vs. Drogheda, the image wouldn't have been fresh in their mind), and as a result, she was safely rescued, would it not have been a worthwhile enterprise?

Is it a highly unlikely scenario, but still possible. And I'm willing to have a harmless banner at a football match, to allow that highly unlikely scenario a chance to become reality.

I agree that this whole thing has become a media circus, with many people in it for the wrong reasons, but we need to be careful not to lump in those who are genuinely trying to find her with those who just want to be part of the show.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    In fairness I think most people are in it for the right reasons BUT if only they'd put that energy into something a bit more realistic or dare I say it worthwhile. Bohs fans putting up a banner doesn't bother me, the ridiculously OTT reactions from others do.

Agree with most of the comments so far on the parents too. The blog thingy is disgraceful
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post
    In Ken Bigleys case, you couldn't raise why he was out there in the first place, just the same as you can't raise what the fook the parents were doing leaving 3 kids alone in an apartment while they went for drinks and dinner.
    i had forgotten about that macy , feckin daftness being out there alright , no bloody money is worth that
    Was he crazy!! Yeah , in a very special way , an Irishman.
    I slept, and dreamed that life was Beauty;
    I woke, and found that life was Duty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    If an Irish holiday maker saw her face on the TV that night, and recognised her somewhere in the world tomorow (and had they not been watching Bohs vs. Drogheda, the image wouldn't have been fresh in their mind), and as a result, she was safely rescued, would it not have been a worthwhile enterprise?
    You are creating a hypothetical world of absolutes, when in the real world we deal with imperfection and uncertainties.

There is only a given amount of media exposure, if you rephrase your question as would I rather see one white middle class child, abducted as a result of her parents actions, found (alive or dead) or would I prefer to highlight the death of hundreds of thousands of children/adults etc through no fault of their own in places like Iraq, Africa etc. then this becomes a much more relevant question.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post

There is only a given amount of media exposure, if you rephrase your question as would I rather see one white middle class child, abducted as a result of her parents actions, found (alive or dead) or would I prefer to highlight the death of hundreds of thousands of children/adults etc through no fault of their own in places like Iraq, Africa etc. then this becomes a much more relevant question.

First of all, she was not abducted as a result of her parents actions, unless they paid someone to abduct her or did it themselves. She was left alone as a result of her parents actions.

Second of all, why is this story constantly being linked with Iraq? I havent mentioned in my post, all I said was that a banner at a game may possibly do some good, and cant do any harm (if, as I also said in my post, it is being done for the right reasons).

The question you have asked is not a rephrasing of my original question, it is a completely new question, and in the context of my post, an irrelevant one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Acccording to sky news website there makin an appeal to irish tourists to check their photos????? Y just irish?
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Plea For Missing Girl Holiday Snaps

Updated: 13:27, Tuesday June 19, 2007
    Madeleine McCann's parents will appeal to Irish tourists to check holiday snaps for clues - while the flat their child was abducted from reportedly sold for half price.
    RTE presenter with girl's parents
    RTE presenter with girl's parents

Madeleine's parents Kate McCann, 38, and Gerry, 39, will appear on television to ask anyone who took a trip to Portugal in early May to send photos to British investigators.

A spokesman for Irish broadcaster RTE said: "They wanted to appeal to any Irish person who may have been in the Praia Da Luz area and ask them specifically ... to look at the backgrounds."

It is now around six weeks since the Leicestershire girl vanished from the Algarve holiday apartment she was sharing with her parents and two younger siblings.

Recent Irish visitors to the Portuguese holiday resort are being asked to upload their photos to the UK's Child Exploitation website - www.ceopupload.com.
    Ocean Club complex
    Ocean Club complex

Mrs McCann said: "There has been so much support from Ireland. We're overwhelmed. We'd reckon half the letters we have are from the Irish."

The two-bedroom apartment the family rented in Praia da Luz went on the market for £75,000 last week.

A British couple offered the asking price within days and they have already completed the deal, according to Portuguese newspapers.

The Sun said the market rate for similar properties was £150,000.

It quoted a source as saying: "You would think it would have been hard to sell it, but the buyers were obviously not concerned about its past."

The four-year-old was kidnapped 47 days ago.

Mr McCann has spoken with police about claims that friends and family destroyed vital evidence by searching the flat.

Local police chief Olegario Sousa said that more than 20 people went inside the flat in the hours after Madeleine was snatched.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    The question you have asked is not a rephrasing of my original question, it is a completely new question, and in the context of my post, an irrelevant one.
    The question you raised in your original post was irrelevant, having totally ignored reality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    The question you raised in your original post was irrelevant, having totally ignored reality.
    No, it is possible that somebody could have seen the poster/sign, and then saved the child. In my post, I said it was highly unlikely, but possible (It still is possible, too). Therefore I haven't totally ignored reality.

The point was made that it wass worthless to put this poster at an eL game. My poit is that the efforts may have been in vain, but also may have helped to produce a result. Therefore I felt it wasnt a pointless effort.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast