Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Maddy McCann

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitruvian Man View Post
    The bloke who put up the Maddie flag was a big thick-looking ****er who I don't recognise from Dalymount over the years. He had a load of old dudes with him.

Wonder will they show up at other events?

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Was a big poster at the front of Hill 16 for the Dublin-Meath match. Might have been the same people?

I have to agree with most of the sentiment in this thread, the whole situation is bizarre.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i dunno lads, it might be a futile exercise but it would be great to see the poor kid found and if something small like holding a picture of her up at a football match helps then fair play. i mean if your worried about something like that being help up at a match, something constructive that is what would you be like if something derogatory was held up. Dont be so sensitive id say

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    Was a big poster at the front of Hill 16 for the Dublin-Meath match. Might have been the same people?

I have to agree with most of the sentiment in this thread, the whole situation is bizarre.
    Same poster.
    GIVE HER BACK
    Worryingly, there's a chance that the massive publicity campaign, rewards etc. might actually have had a detrimental affect. The standard excuse - if everyone in Europe sees the picture and enough people go around looking into 4-year-old girls faces (the "LOOK INTO MY EYES" posters) the kidnapper will be caught out.

The Bohs flag is actually a direct appeal to the kidnapper himself who, presumably, will tune into the game and have his conscience *****ed.
    SIGNATURESCOPE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry The Saint View Post

The Bohs flag
    Please don't call it that.
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    What for me, is the most bizarre (apart from the whole money/iconography aspect of this) of all, is the chain of events surrounding the vanishing of the little girl and how the British and more so IRISH media have been almost silent on the McCann's behaviour during the night of Maddy's vanishing:

The first statement given to the press from the McCanns was that they checked up on the children every half hour from about 7;30pm to 10pm.
    this was later changed to 8;30pm 9pm and 10pm
    this was later changed to 8;30pm 9pm and 9;50pm.

Mrs McCann said she did the checks but it was later changed to Mr McCann did the checks.

There were 9 adults at the table that night 4 couples and 1 single lady, however one of the 9 later said that they did 1 check but not the McCanns,this was later confirmed by the restaurant staff that the McCanns never left the table that night.

Mrs McCann said she discovered the child gone and went back to the restaurant to tell the others "They`ve taken her" not she has taken her or even he has taken her but THEY.

Later one of the 9 said that they all left together and it was then that they found the child gone.

A search was conducted and Mr McCann said he phoned the police but later the hotel manager said he phoned the police at 11;50pm and a search by the police was not conducted until about 04;30am.

They left calling the police for at least 1 hour 50 mins although Mrs McCann said in the restaurant that she had been abducted by "THEY".

The McCanns said that the room had been broken into and that all doors to the outside had been locked, but later changed it to the outside door had been left unlocked. They originally said the window blinds had been forced but no evidence was found of that.

The McCanns said they were only a few yards from the room and could see it clearly, but they were in fact some 100 yards away and there is no clear line of sight to the rooms from the restaurant. One of the 9 said 2 weeks later that they thought they saw someone carrying off a child in a blanket about 9pm although you cant even see the road from the restaurant.

A sighting in Morrocco 6 days later by a Swedish lady who lives just outside the Spanish town of Malaga was ignored for a further 4 weeks before the McCanns followed it up.

There are several petitions asking for authorities to look into them - 1 in the UK 2 in Portugal and 1 in Canada.They have had some very scathing press articles from Germany, France, Spain, Portugal, Canada, Australia, NZ, and Cyprus - but nothing but "ya poor unfortunate dears" style articles in the UK and Irish media. The McCanns said there have been overwhelmed by the support they have got from the Irish public.

In a recent press interview with the German press Mrs McCann said that they only ever left them for "Just a few minutes" and in that statement has changed the story yet again.

A holiday maker staying at the resort next to the McCanns rooms made a statement that she could hear one of the children crying out "Daddy" several times and knew that the parents had left them on the 3 previous nights alone - once untill about 00;30am when they got back from eating/drinking.

The McCanns said they didn`t want to leave the children with people they didn`t know ( the baby sitting service) but were quite happy to leave them in the hotel creche every day. They had booked the baby sitting service that night but later cancelled it about 1 hour before they went out to dinner.

Even though the restaurant they went to has a creche facility on the premises for the use of the dinners children.

Now considering that the McCann's (and members of their family) have been so pro-active in raising money and developing their own PR in the wake of the child's vanishing, can anyone in the English-Irish media please explain the above? Seems to me there is little or no energy being devoted to this. i.e: the McCann's incredible lack of responsible parenting.

This again is not to play down the very human tragedy this issue is at its heart.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry The Saint View Post

The Bohs flag
    Ouch!

See why I hate this carry on. Bohs are now the unofficial McCann's club.

Not good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I wouldn't be as judgemental of the parents as a lot of people - they made a horrible mistake and are paying in the worst possible way for it. I thought it odd when I heard that the father has time to run a blog so I had a look at this site and it just seems really creepy to me.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

Local Community

Latest News added at 19/06/2007

ebay!
    ebay!

due to the popular demand of my ribbon pin badges, i am now selling larger versions on window suckers, to stick in car or house windows. these are £2.50 each and as usual all proceeds will be donated to the madeleine mccann fund. please go onto ebay, go into communities and type in my user name: crystalschroder where both the pin badges and the car ribbons are for sale. many thanks Crystal

19/06/2007 - Event countdown: 8 hours

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yellow Ribbons
    Blackpool Lancs

I have been making yellow ribbons for the past 4 weeks and selling them at my place of work, to help keep Madelines disappearence in the public interest. As a result i have raised a total of £176 to be donated to the Find Madeline Fund.

19/06/2007 12:00:00 - Event countdown: 20 hours

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dressing Down Day
    Sheffield

We are having a dress down day and selling yellow ribbons

20/06/2007 10:00:00 - Event countdown: 2 days

Ladies Night
    The Pied Bull, Shepshed, Leicestershire

Ladies night, with raffle, tickets on for £2.50 on the night!!!

21/06/2007 19:00:00 - Event countdown: 3 days

Merlin School Fair
    Ballamore Road, Downham, Bromley, Kent

Primary School Fair. My daughter, Natalie, is holding a stall on this day and is selling anything yellow. All proceeds she will be giving straight to the Help Madeline Fund.

23/06/2007 12:00:00 - Event countdown: 5 days
    People like to think they're helping but so much stuff is just not practical at all - like putting up posters here saying to call the Crimestoppers phone line but not giving the number to dial from outside the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Boh_So_Good View Post
    Ouch!

See why I hate this carry on. Bohs are now the unofficial McCann's club.

Not good.
    Bohs should be applauded for their courageous stance. Any truth in the story that the new stadium will be called Findmadeline.com Park?
    SIGNATURESCOPE

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boh_So_Good View Post
    What for me, is the most bizarre (apart from the whole money/iconography aspect of this) of all, is the chain of events surrounding the vanishing of the little girl and how the British and more so IRISH media have been almost silent on the McCann's behaviour during the night of Maddy's vanishing:

This again is not to play down the very human tragedy this issue is at its heart.
    Ive no idea if any of that is true but id say them saying things like they checked at 10 then changed it to 9 50 could be more down to panic i wouldnt read anything into that .

Same with the they ve taken her rather than he or she .

And with out any links for the rest of the allegations its just another moon landing or 9/11 story where people state "facts" that have no foundations.

I presume the Irish media have followed the english media because its one in the same .

reder
    I sincerely hope no child ever goes missing in this country in the same manner if this is the level of sympathy from the irish.

Of course a Bohs V Drogheda game is more important than finding her. Dear god.

PS: It's all Sky's fault of course.
    Last edited by reder; 18/06/2007 at 4:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reder View Post
    I sincerely hope no child ever goes missing in this country in the same manner if this is the level of sympathy from the irish.

Both her parents should be jailed for life. I wonder is someone minding the other kids while they swan around the world

What about the 1000s of children who die of starvation everyday??

Oh ya, they're "darker".............

You can shove your tabloid moral lecture up your ar$e mate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Well argued there. You clearly took on board the points raised above and you're sweeping generation about the sympathy of the Irish was a masterstroke. You certainly put BohsSoGood in his place.....

There's a finite amount of sympathy to give and that child is getting an undue amount.

As Bohs fans would say,

FACT.

Also worth noting you appear to come from the capital of self-pity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Kids go missing in Ireland, they're just not Aryan enough to be the cause celebre of the NOTW and the Sun.
    No one is disputing that any kid going missing is a tragedy but the hype over this one particualr kid is ott, especially given the constantly changing stories of those whos care she was in and the attempt to cash in on her dissapearance. As for putting up a banner at a Drogheda V Bohs game live on an Irish language TV channel, whats the point? There are people in this country and yours that just love the attention associated with being a part of campaigns of this type.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    Also worth noting you appear to come from the capital of self-pity.
    What he's from Cork?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do you shed a tear for the children getting blown apart in Iraq or starving in Africa or in child slave labour in Asia? I didn't think so - back to reading the Sun.

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    Quite horribly honestly they're not white so no-one cares, terrible state of affairs we've allowed to happen, but thats the way it is I'm afraid
    its alright Bono does

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/6762549.stm

Seven times the media coverage Maddy has got then so?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts
    Any chance ye'd keep it impersonal lads? Like the rules say?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Oh come on. I'm sure there's plenty of sympathy here for the poor child. As for the parents, well that's another matter. As BSG pointed out in the first of his excellent posts, if they were a couple of Jade Goody types (for example) they'd have been slaughtered in the press, both in the UK and here. Instead what we've got are numerous comments of the "oh, we've all done it" type. Really ? Has anyone here, or anyone heard of anyone going on holiday to a foreign country and leaving three children alone while they went out for the evening ?

I think what people are reacting against is the felling that the public are being manipulated, and told what issues they are allowed to care about. It's like the Prioncess Diana death in Britain all over again. It's only years later that people in Britain that people are beginning to come out and question the mass hysteria generated(in large part) by the press at that time. And yes, Sky are a big part of that. Not saying people don't(or shouldn't) care but the whole thing has just a slightly grisly circus feel to it now.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    But whats the point of having a go at them now , if she's found then yes investigate it if she's dead then it should just be left i cant see any point in it at all .

I also dont think there class has anything to do with it , kids from less well off family's get the same coverage . And any of the experts in this kind of thing keep saying that keeping it in the media is the best thing to do . So what if its a false concern by the papers its still there 4+ weeks later thats whats important .

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast