Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: the boezzz v spurs

flynny

the boezzz v spurs

just read the match report on the friendly last night and saw goals last night on tv3(by the way arent they great when was the last time rte showed el game never mind a friendly?).
    considering bohs were just 3 days back training and spurs who fielded almost the same team as that which played at the wkend, it was a great result for them. And seen there mananger afterwards saying they are able to compete technicaly with any team in europe - which may not be fully correct but at least he is showing serious ambition ahead of there champions league games.
    they are i feel a good deal ahead of us and hopefully that will result in good showing for el in europe. But with the big man from the west at the helm hopefully it wont be long b4 the glory days are back for us like bayern munich again.
    ANY NEWS ON CENTRAL DEFENDER BEEN PURCHASED IM NOT OVERLY CONFIDENT IN NAPIER COMING BACK AND COUPLE OF MIDFIELDERS - ONE TO REPLACE REYNOLDS AND ONE WITH SOME CREATIVITY...........

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    fair play to boezzz..they are setting the standards. Its up to City to catch up.

Neil

Re: the boezzz v spurs

Originally posted by flynny
    ANY NEWS ON CENTRAL DEFENDER BEEN PURCHASED IM NOT OVERLY CONFIDENT IN NAPIER COMING BACK AND COUPLE OF MIDFIELDERS - ONE TO REPLACE REYNOLDS AND ONE WITH SOME CREATIVITY.....
    Robbie Griffin (midfielder) was rumoured to be on his way to City from Pats.... haven't heard anything else...

I think if we can keep all the players we have now and maybe add one more midfielder we'll be fine. Plenty of defenders here sure: Cronin, Naps, Andrews, Hoggie, Carey, Murray x2... I'm missing someone?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think if we can keep all the players we have now and maybe add one more midfielder we'll be fine. Plenty of defenders here sure: Cronin, Naps, Andrews, Hoggie, Carey, Murray x2... I'm missing someone?
    ...Neil I can't quite remember if there are any other defenders who will be playing next season or not.

flynny
    ya your right we have alot of defenders in squad but other than murray lets be honest there are no class central defenders in there. i think we should go like bohs have done and reduced thier squad to 18 i think (with the idea of quality and not quantity).

thats how they got our derek having small squad but been able to employ them full time n paying them good bobs.i think pats doing the same now since dolan gone they seem to be selling half there squad.just a thought for us maybe?????

Verdi
    i think we should go like bohs have done and reduced thier squad to 18 i think (with the idea of quality and not quantity).
    good point actually... even though we have plenty of players in the squad they are not ALL up to 30 odd top class games in a season

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Verdi
    good point actually... even though we have plenty of players in the squad they are not ALL up to 30 odd top class games in a season
    Well said. City have alot of decent players, but, how many could realistically be labelled Championship players?
    Munster 33-6 Gloucester
    Aint revenge sweet?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i think we should go like bohs have done and reduced thier squad to 18 i think
    I very much doubt if Bohs only have a squad of 18, sure if they got 3 or 4 injuries they wouldnt even be able to fill the subs bench. You need a squad of at least 20 or 21 to cover yourself for injuries, suspensions etc.
    Champions!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Colm
    I very much doubt if Bohs only have a squad of 18, sure if they got 3 or 4 injuries they wouldnt even be able to fill the subs bench. You need a squad of at least 20 or 21 to cover yourself for injuries, suspensions etc.
    They had a core squad of 18 or so then they dipped into their U-21s, who are handy enough anyway.
    Oh no not them again

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Originally posted by SÓCcfc
    They had a core squad of 18 or so then they dipped into their U-21s, who are handy enough anyway.
    Thats the future alright.

I'd be surprised if city sued more than 18 players last year anyway.

Increased fitness that fulltime brings allows bohs play players out of position when they have a few injuries.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Originally posted by pete
    I'd be surprised if city sued more than 18 players last year anyway.
    Yeah they're much less litigious than Dublin clubs.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Originally posted by Schumi
    Yeah they're much less litigious than Dublin clubs.
    waahaahaa lamo schumi.. outstanding man
    what does litigious mean though?
    *nudges SOCcfc

and wow arent the spelling police out in full force today then

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Re: the boezzz v spurs

just read the match report on the friendly last night and saw goals last night on tv3(by the way arent they great when was the last time rte showed el game never mind a friendly?).
    Eh it might have something to do with TV3 owning the rights ?

flynny

Re: Re: the boezzz v spurs

Originally posted by TommyT
    Eh it might have something to do with TV3 owning the rights ?
    rte had it start of season you muppett and showed **** all