Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaa 2007

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    A Farneyman obviously a real bogman, tainted with some Kerry blood.
    Tainted being the word
    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982 View Post
    Kerry v Monaghan
    Derry v Dublin
    Tyrone v Meath
    Cork v Sligo

One upset there but hoping for more!!!
    Have the Sligo team improved much since 2005 which is the last time the sides met?
    The scoreline that day was 3.13 to 0.11 though the score flattered us a bit that day to be honest
    Life isn't all beer and football...some of us haven't touched a football in months

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,915 Posts
    I thought the Connaught final was poor enough standard. I don't know how Sligo managed to win considering that in the 2nd half they missed about 10 sitters. With a bit more precision they could give Cork a good game.

It's a bit different in Munster than in Ulster. Even some Cavan people will get behind Monaghan.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    no they haven't mcguire, mcnamara and ohara are the only fellas worth worrying about. Anything good created by sligo always has ohara somewhere in the plot, so if cork limit him, then they will hammer sligo. However he is about the only player in the country that doesnt go missing in games and I dont say that lightly. The kind of player that always makes a difference.

He is a knob though, the more i have read about him since the more obvious it is and how certain sligo lads were right earlier.
    Last edited by paul_oshea; 01/08/2007 at 2:11 PM.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    Dubs apparently getting 65,000 tickets for the QF leaving 12,000 to divide between, Derry, Cork (MFC QF) Roscommon and Armagh (Nicky Rackard Final).

Ridiculous.

Load of rubbish. That would mean that the GAA are allocating 77,000 tickets, thats just stupid. I'm not even going to get into the ridiculous proportions you've mentioned. Is this Derrys way of getting a "us against the world" metality because it doesn't make any sense to a sane person

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    The two counties in a senior game always get an equal share and that is almost always less than half each (obviously never more than half).
    Check out my new sports blog http://www.action81.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberdonian Stu View Post
    Where did you see that 65,000 figure? Seriously where?

My old lad organises the tickets for our club and it's not a small club and I know we're going to be struggling ticket wise as we have with every game this season.
    Today's indo.

Without wanting to be a complete bitch, I'm sure you don't struggle as much distributing tickets for League matches in Parnell Park?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soko View Post
    Load of rubbish. That would mean that the GAA are allocating 77,000 tickets, thats just stupid. I'm not even going to get into the ridiculous proportions you've mentioned. Is this Derrys way of getting a "us against the world" metality because it doesn't make any sense to a sane person
    Tell that to the Indo.

The article says Derry will get 8,000 tickets, which is ridiculous as they brought double that to the double header QF in 2004 (Derry vs Westmeath and Dubs v Kerry), the minor and hurlers will get 5,000 between them and Dubs the rest.

Derry don't need an us against the world complex, a hill full of blonde tipped coke snorting hoods will be enough motivation

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,915 Posts
    Tell that to the Indo.

The article says Derry will get 8,000 tickets, which is ridiculous as they brought double that to the double header QF in 2004 (Derry vs Westmeath and Dubs v Kerry), the minor and hurlers will get 5,000 between them and Dubs the rest.
    Derry fans are saying that they received 10,000 tickets. Should be enough.
    Their fans amongst all in Ulster are the slowest to get behind their team in numbers. Monaghan fans easily outnumbered them in Casement.

The Tickmaster allocation was sold out in 2 hours.

I am glad in one way that we got Kerry, should be plenty of returned unsold tickets

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    So my predictions are
    Kerry v Monaghan
    Derry v Dublin
    Tyrone v Meath
    Cork v Sligo

sligo are one of the worst teams i have seen in ages, dublin are all hype, meath cant be that good, and monghan havent the killer instinct

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Everyone is tipping Derry? It'll make it all the sweeter. Dubs by 4.

Kerry, Dublin, Tyrone, Cork.

If there's to be an upset, I think it would most likely come in the Tyrone-Meath game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Today's indo.

Without wanting to be a complete bitch, I'm sure you don't struggle as much distributing tickets for League matches in Parnell Park?
    I think if you read the article in the Indo it doesn't actually say that Dublin will get 65000 tickets.

Croker sells out in record time as Dubs' fans repay GAA for quarter-final fixture By Daragh Ó Conchúir

CROKE PARK'S decision to cash in on the pulling power of Dublin footballers was rewarded yesterday when their All-Ireland quarter-final against Derry became a virtual sell-out in less than 300 seconds.

The unprecedented demand was triggered by a limited allocation of tickets going on sale at 10am through the GAA ticket office and Ticketmaster; all were snapped up within five minutes.

The remaining tickets will be distributed through the counties with Dublin County Board expecting to receive 40,000 for their clubs.

The huge rush to see the Dubs is a ringing endorsement for the fixture-makers, whose decision to give the Leinster champions a stand-alone SFC quarter-final maximises the revenue potential.

As a result, Derry are likely to face a record number of opposition fans in the Croker cauldron on Saturday week.

The day's programme includes the All-Ireland MFC quarter-final between Cork and Derry, and the Nicky Rackard Cup final involving Roscommon and Armagh.

Cork, Roscommon and Armagh would not be expected to have more than 5,000 fans in Croker between them and with just 8,000 expected to make the trip from Derry, that could see somewhere in the region of 65,000 fans cheering on the Sky Blues.

This could be a record for one team's support and is further confirmation of Dublin's importance to the GAA's coffers.
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    just to say sligo have more than three decent players..they're probly in the top three in ireland when it comes to defense,mcguire and mcnamara solid down the middle....and two of the toughest corner backs you will find inireland ross donovan and charlie.....plus lads jonhy davy.his poorest game in 4 years was in the connaught final win..but in roscommon he ran riot.watch him on saturday,our forwards are brutal too say the least.if david kelly and mark brehony play well on saturday.sligo will win hands dwn....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhoops View Post
    I think if you read the article in the Indo it doesn't actually say that Dublin will get 65000 tickets.

Croker sells out in record time as Dubs' fans repay GAA for quarter-final fixture By Daragh Ó Conchúir

Cork, Roscommon and Armagh would not be expected to have more than 5,000 fans in Croker between them and with just 8,000 expected to make the trip from Derry, that could see somewhere in the region of 65,000 fans cheering on the Sky Blues.

This could be a record for one team's support and is further confirmation of Dublin's importance to the GAA's coffers.[/I]
    In other words, all other competing counties get as many tickets as they need with neutrals taking a chunk and Dublin fans scrapping for whatever's left over, same as it always is. Which is a far cry from...

Dubs apparently getting 65,000 tickets for the QF leaving 12,000 to divide between, Derry, Cork (MFC QF) Roscommon and Armagh (Nicky Rackard Final).

Ridiculous.
    SIGNATURESCOPE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Yes that 65,000 figure is just hype. And as for the Parnell Park jibe well if you can name one county that has intense demand for league tickets I'm all ears. Championship is the big show in Gaelic Games.
    Check out my new sports blog http://www.action81.com

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Derry don't need an us against the world complex, a hill full of blonde tipped coke snorting hoods will be enough motivation

That waste of oxygen is playing corner forward. I wish nothing but bad things for that cretin

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberdonian Stu View Post
    And as for the Parnell Park jibe well if you can name one county that has intense demand for league tickets I'm all ears. Championship is the big show in Gaelic Games.
    The attitude to the National League in GAA illustrates the basic problem that all sports face in this country. The Irish are a nation of event junkies. Dublin saw their attendances yo-yo from over 80,000 in the National League to 9,000 in a matter of weeks. That's a problem all major sports in this country have to cope with here. People will not go to EVERY home game, that requires commitment. And we are also a nation of commitment phobic people.
    So a handful of big games a year makes you a '' supporter''..... yeah right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Hang on a sec, CTID. The league was never held in high regard by a lot of GAA followers. Things are slowly improving, but I would sooner go to an under 21 or club match than the early stages of the league. The whole GAA ethos is based on one-off knock-out matches.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noby View Post
    Hang on a sec, CTID. The league was never held in high regard by a lot of GAA followers. Things are slowly improving, but I would sooner go to an under 21 or club match than the early stages of the league. The whole GAA ethos is based on one-off knock-out matches.

True, the league is an elongated practice session. I'll go to club games over league games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Tommy Murphy Champions!!!!!
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superfrank View Post
    Tommy Murphy Champions!!!!!
    Is this seen as a good return from the much hyped Micko??

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast