Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Supporters club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Supporters club

Hi guys

I am interested in forming a supporters club here in Ireland for a Spanish team ,,Celta Vigo, does anyone know is there any legal things to do to form this association, and anyone interested in joining,
    Help is greatly appriciated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Nothing legal to do, but it helps if you get official recognition from the club itself

Valencia and Barca used to have SC's here

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I think you need to register to be classified to be called an "association", but just callling yourself a supporters club is fine.
    The glass isn't half full or half empty it's just too damn big!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thanks guys the Fedaration of Supporters club in Vigo Spain asked us to get whatever legal documents we need from Ireland first then they will register us there,
    By the Way Hibs4ever , have a Hibee fan in Vigo , supports Celta Vigo and Hibs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leonol View Post
    Thanks guys the Fedaration of Supporters club in Vigo Spain asked us to get whatever legal documents we need from Ireland first then they will register us there,
    By the Way Hibs4ever , have a Hibee fan in Vigo , supports Celta Vigo and Hibs

I know of a Celto Vigo fan that posts on the Hibs sites alright, and an Alaves fan too. Good to see

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If anyone out there started a supporters club maybe they can tell me for sure if I need to do anything here on the legal side

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leonol View Post
    If anyone out there started a supporters club maybe they can tell me for sure if I need to do anything here on the legal side

We didn't. We just had to register with the Hibernian Supporters Association. Nothing legal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4Ever View Post
    We didn't. We just had to register with the Hibernian Supporters Association. Nothing legal
    Fantastic , will let you know how I get on later, and will ask the guy from Vigo if he knows your supporters club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I was involved with setting up the Penya Valencianista de Irlanda a few years ago. As far as I know the Irish “authorities” didn’t demand anything of us, there’s a lot more red tape in Spain than here. We filled out all the forms for VCF and became official penya number 575 (if memory serves). They treated us well and got us tickets (incl some freebies) when people travelled over from Ireland though as I was living in Valencia and had a season ticket it didn’t mean so much to me. I did reserve tickets for a game at the Bernabeu via our penya though. For Valencia games in the UK we tended to go in with our friends in Che UK / Penya Guiri. I’d imagine getting tickets for European games is your principal motivation.

There are financial obligations such as buying tickets for the El Gordo lottery at Xmas and for friendlies in August that we are never going to attend. Unfortunately because there are only a few of us it has become economically unviable to continue as an official penya though of course we all still Valencia.

There is nothing to stop you setting up a website/putting an ad in the Herald/going to the pub to watch a game etc but unless there are a fair few of you committed then it’s not really worth going down the official road. Of course I don’t know what Celta demand from their penyas. Valencia were keen for us to continue but it just isn’t feasible at the moment anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thanks for that very helpful info, I think Celta is more small family club and demand less, at the moment we have 8 so hoping to sign up more, and by the Valencia is a great team to support , wish ye the best next season,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Am a Real Sociedad man myself (have been since Aldridge played for them) HUGE match for us this weekend in Valencia

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4Ever View Post
    Am a Real Sociedad man myself (have been since Aldridge played for them) HUGE match for us this weekend in Valencia
    Unfortunately they look in the worst position going into this match, but would to see them survive, when Celta when they recently and wer beaten , the Sociedad fans saluted the Celta team and supporters, they like Galicia and Basque teams to stay up