Thread: Abromavich.........WHO???

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Abromavich.........WHO???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ty/6748695.stm

If this is true, we'll have a new rich club in town. Abromavich would be this guys wee boy.

Transfer values are going to rocket in English football and the whole of Europe will inevitably suffer from losing there stars to English football if all these Billionairs keep coming in.
    The Hallion Battalion Molests football.:D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    **** it, English football's pretty rubbish these days anyway, and with attendences falling and public apathy rising I say let these vultures pick the bones of their game and they will eventually reach a Year Zero, sadly half the football clubs will probably be dead and gone by then

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    No doubt there'll be more complaints from Mr. Ferguson about football being distorted by those with bottomless financial reserves being able to fork out millions upon millions on the thirteen different goalkeepers they have to go through to find a replacment for Schmeichel. ...no ...wait.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Now, now Man Utd are family run club, who rely on a backbone of Asia based supporters to pay their over the odds prices for players, and they have never, I repeat, never used their resources to 'buy' a title, unlike dirty Chelsea, or Arsene Wenger

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    From a Man Utd perspective, the gripe isn't to do with a team buying a player for 30 million. It is the fact that Man Utd have always generated our own money and we spend our own money that we have earnt.

Chelsea are not a self running club and they spend Ambromaviches money. There is a big difference.

Man Utd also tries to bring players through, how many currently are there in the Chelsea team?

And Arsenal are a great club, with great tradition and Wenger is a great manager. Anyone who would accuse them of buying a team are not right in the head. My only gripe with Arsenal and indeed Mr Wenger is the lack of British & Irish Players.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Can I also say Liverpool has spent nearly (4Million difference) the same amount of money as Man Utd in the last 10 years. United spend there money on 2 or 3 players though but Liverpool spend it on 8 players.

We buy quality not quantity.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,002 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bruce View Post
    It is the fact that Man Utd have always generated our own money and we spend our own money that we have earnt.
    But to be fair, Man United earn part of that money by exploiting foolish consumers, especially in Asia, as skillfully as any other club. It is hardly admirable.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    But to be fair, Man United earn part of that money by exploiting foolish consumers, especially in Asia, as skillfully as any other club. It is hardly admirable.
    How do we exploit cunsumers.

If you make a statement like that you have to show the facts to back them up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    I love this term foolish consumer, it implies that somehow you are knowing and these people are less educated or more ignorant than you. If someone wants to buy a jersey let them its their own free will.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD View Post
    If someone wants to buy a jersey let them its their own free will.
    Yeah ...and if man u want 3 different away strips and a different home strip for the CL let 'em ...and if people are willing to fork out fo them all then well it's wrong to let eejits keep their money.

...and if some guy in china, india, russia, mars or wherever says "I want IN" well ...who the hell are Man Utd and Arsenal to want the gate shut behind them?

Man Utd also tries to bring players through, how many currently are there in the Chelsea team?...And Arsenal are a great club, with great tradition and Wenger is a great manager. Anyone who would accuse them of buying a team are not right in the head.
    You'd swear nobody else bothers trying to "bring players through" . It's just that bit harder when you're, say, Hull City and the young Eusebio you've just finished polishing is lured away by the big club over the road. Doesn't tend to happen Man Utd much though.

Ferguson (and Wenger bizarrely) are essentially telling other clubs to "accept their place" in the grander scheme of things and settle down to being bit players, co-stars and walk-ons in the Man U show.

I'd like to see at least three or four more Abramovich type charcters turn up in the premiership before I decide on it's being a good, bad or neutral thing.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Anything that shakes up the current order is a good thing, the situation of being able to guess the top 4 in the EPL is not good for football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    From a Man Utd perspective, the gripe isn't to do with a team buying a player for 30 million. It is the fact that Man Utd have always generated our own money and we spend our own money that we have earnt.

Chelsea are not a self running club and they spend Ambromaviches money. There is a big difference.
    And all this from a club who allowed a bunch of American mercenaries to buy them and then assign the entire debt involved in the purchase back to the club !!! Priceless....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    And all this from a club who allowed a bunch of American mercenaries to buy them and then assign the entire debt involved in the purchase back to the club !!! Priceless....
    It was a hostile takeover.

Also even though we payed over 60million in interest payments, we are STILL the most profitable club in Europe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Also even though we payed over 60million in interest payments, we are STILL the most profitable club in Europe.
    And thats all that matters at the end of the day
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    And thats all that matters at the end of the day
    A great twist there mate, but obviously that isn't what I was saying.

But the profit we make is obviously very handy to improve our team so we can compete against these other teams who have sugar daddys.

There's definatly a better sense of achievement, when we bring success to our club within our means

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    A great twist there mate, but obviously that isn't what I was saying.

But the profit we make is obviously very handy to improve our team so we can compete against these other teams who have sugar daddys.

There's definatly a better sense of achievement, when we bring success to our club within our means
    All these references to 'Our' & 'We' in relation to Manchester United???
    Whatever happened to you being a Linfield supporter?
    Thomas Davis have said they will be the last man standing, they were WRONG!!

SRFC will NEVER die!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Which came first now Steve ...chicken or egg? So far as I recall the sugar daddies only emerged as a consequence of one teams disproportionate dominance.
    I fail to see the material difference between funding player purchases through share issues rather than out of the pocket of a single benefactor at any rate.
    There's nothing "more honourable" about the manner in which Man U finance their dealings.

Oh will you squat and push it ffs. D'ya know what'd give you a real buzz if you're into an enhanced "sense of achievement"? -try winning something on Charlton Athletics budget rather than chucking money at problems positions until the problem's solved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I didn't know Linfield were the most profitable club in Europe??!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DvB View Post
    All these references to 'Our' & 'We' in relation to Manchester United???
    Whatever happened to you being a Linfield supporter?
    I support both. Linfield first, United second. But have big passion for both. Something wrong with that?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soper View Post
    I didn't know Linfield were the most profitable club in Europe??!
    Mate, your not really that funny, so why not just give it up

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast