Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: City abroad

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

City abroad

Saturday night in hot menorca and the bartender is wearing a new City shirt am I dreaming . He says he collects shirts from all the top teams in Europe and no I am not after consuming too much Tequila or Sangria . Take a walk down the street and there in the street walking away from me is another Cork City shirt this time worn by a sunburnt body (obviously Irish) What a holiday sign of things to come (TOP TEAMS IN EUROPE)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Similar But Not Really

I was in Tallinn yesterday and all the Yanks in their tour groups were pointing out the man in the Guinness shirt.
    After a while I got used to it and took no notice.
    Walking through Town Hall Square I heard a few lads shouting to me so I turned around and there were a group of guys in their twenties wearing Red Star Belgrade shirts. They knew of Cork City FC and wanted to know if they could buy shirts on the Internet. Remind me to bring a box of shirts with me the next time I'm in Eastern Europe.
    Any news on when the home shirts go on sale?
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Neil

New Home Jersey

Any news on when the home shirts go on sale?
    According to Football Crazy - the start of August. So, hopefully before the first league game in Longford on the 12th...

Leonard

Robin Cook - City til he dies

I ran a 10K in London City centre at the weekend in my Peoples Republic T-shirt, before donning the white away jersey at the finish line (didn't want to pin a number on the jersey). Was ****ed when I finished, so like any self respecting athlete, I headed for the nearest shop to buy fags. As I queued in the shop, I noticed a folder on the counter of the shop that read "For The Attention of The Secretary of State". Thinking this was just another fine example of crazy Britsh humour, I didn't pay much notice to it until an old man scurried over and picked it up, his purchase of newspapers safely tucked under his arm. Then, as if drawn by the smell of sweat, the old mans head turned abruptly, and stared at my City jersey for a few seconds, before looking up at me, with a look that said to me "I'm Robin Cook, Secretary of State for the British Government, and I'm City til I die." I can't really explain how I thought he said this to me, it was just the look. I apologised as I brushed past him to get 10 B&H, and he left the shop. Then as I left the shop, three kids from Waterford walked passed me and abused me. Fairly typical Sunday morning in Trafalger Square, really.